PDA

View Full Version : Dominion's meta isn't fun and won't be until you fix unblockable spamming

ForCarthage
05-24-2018, 01:03 AM
So Centurion is one of the weakest characters due to his attacks being easily dodgeable and leaving him open for long periods. All right. I can dig that.

Shinobi's awkward and in a stand-up fight can be easily dealt with if they even try to do their ranged ******** (parry it and pull them in).

These balances make sense. In a duel.

In a duel.

In an honorable duel.

This is never the case in dominion, so the dominant strategy that I've always lost against - and it's always by a landslide - is the "unstoppable spam" team.

Shinobi slide kick from behind into Centurion unstoppable vortex with Nobushi kick spamming as well, and then Highlander just spams heavy attack because why not. While one unstoppable is dodgeable, a team coordinating them to be one after another makes it not only undodgeable but impossible to stop once it's started. So the dominion game turns into this disgusting little ****fest where you spend 9/10's of the game either completely inactive due to stunlocks and grey screens, or you spend the game PvE'ing instead and just running from point to point avoiding fighting at all cost because every fight will devolve into the same exact tactic every time - spam, baby, spam. Two people gang up on one, stunlock them until they're dead, then capitalize on the fight being completely 1-sided from there.

The fact that these unblockable abilities cost next to no stamina and are easily chainable and spammable - as well as completely unparry-able and uncounterable - renders any other strategy completely worthless by comparison. Why bother trying to actually find openings in an opponent's defense and spending absurd amounts of stamina as a heavy character when you could just force an opening in the opponent by spending zero stamina whatsoever? And why not guarantee that opening by having your whole team force one?

And it's not even just the fact that this is ****ing unfair as a tactic - it's the fact that it's 100% anti-fun because you are basically removed from the fight. All control is removed. You're in for 10 seconds of what is basically a cutscene of you getting killed, because there's no way to cancel or stop it unless by some miracle of nature you manage to get revenge mode while not pinned in a position you can't activate it in. For assassin's that's unlikely since they can't build up via damaging anything (ha, action, what's that?) and they don't have the health pools or defense to get revenge off of taking damage alone. Tankier characters stand a modicum more chance but are significantly less mobile and tend to attack slower so odds are even were they do manage to get to revenge mode, they wouldn't be killing anyone anyway because m o b i l i t y i s f u n t o d e a l w i t h w h e n y o u s w i n g w i t h t h e s p e e d o f a f u c k i n g s l o t h.

So you can fix this in a couple ways - one would be to make these attacks "parryable", for example by dodging into them to maybe grab the opponent trying fancy ******** and throw them aside.

Alternatively you could GIVE THEM A ****ING STAMINA COST. MY GOD. THIS WOULD BE THE EASIEST THING ON EARTH TO DO AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET, HOW ARE YOU THIS DENSE.

Wobbleshnort
05-24-2018, 03:50 AM
Sorry you haven't been winning your fights against 3 guys at once. Your team was rooting for you when you went off to fight them.

The moveset for every class should definitely be overhauled so we can deathball in dominion with more control.

SangLong524
05-24-2018, 05:37 AM
In response to the enormous wall of texts above, which I proudly proclaim that I didn't read a word except the title.
I would like to say that I have plenty of fun playing dominion as it is. Any fool spamming UB in PvsP deserve its fate.

DrinkinMyStella
05-24-2018, 10:17 AM
they just need to fix the death ball and gank meta thats all.

ONYX_x5
05-26-2018, 03:01 AM
Its a team event. Group up or feed the other team kills one bite at a time.
No ganking in duels, guaranteed.
Possible two on one in brawls.
Might be 4 on 1 in Dom.
It's the nature of the beast.
Pick your mode by the fairness you look for.