PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared of what will become of the Valkyrie

HazelrahFirefly
05-23-2018, 04:20 PM
She's my favorite hero, has been since I tried her in Season 3. I slowed down with her starting in S5 because she's just too underpowered - it's too much work to play her against good players.

Now two more heroes that I enjoyed got reworked. I've come to love the new Orochi, but I do not like the PK as much as I did before. It's not because of her lower damage, I can deal with that. I just don't particularly like having to constantly worry about three kinds of feinting.

On the other hand, a season ago they made the HL great while at the same time nerfing the Nobushi a little bit - two other heroes I enjoy.

So now I am worried about what will eventually happen with the Valkyrie. If I dont end up liking her new build I will quite bummed.

Card1acArrest
05-23-2018, 05:44 PM
dont expect much.

a bit more damage. maybe. maybe not.

the chains that all get now. (light and heavies mixed as you feel like)

(wish the deflect to side wasnt so narrow window to succeed..)

maybe they make the Shield Charge attack for 3 directions as for orochi.

KitingFatKidsEZ
05-23-2018, 07:20 PM
maybe they make the Shield Charge attack for 3 directions as for orochi.

so i can choose from which of the 3 directions my omni directional bash comes from?

nice, sounds about right.

HazelrahFirefly
05-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Light confirmed after Shield Bash would be nice, along with the ability for it to Wall Splat and confirm a Heavy.

Siegfried-Z
05-24-2018, 11:41 AM
This is my fav Char as well.. Sounds like something gonna come soon for her but what ..? this is the question.. Just wait and pray !

sycobanana77
05-28-2018, 05:40 AM
Definitely agree. She needs higher damage and a better throw or fix the headbutt. After a GB, the headbutt is completely useless. Startup on the shield stance should have hyper armor. Light spams makes it near impossible to try and backdodge to get into the stance. She needs more feints also.

Siegfried-Z
05-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Maybe one day they gonna makes the valk good again .. :)

PiusLeviticus
05-28-2018, 10:46 AM
if I had to warrant a guess... based off of the other reworks I would imagine it would look something like this

knock back distance from shield tackle increased by 50%
pouncing thrust spans entire distance to stab person knocked down from shield tackle
the attack speed of the second and 3rd light attack in boar hunter's and harrier's fury chains changed to 400ms
can stop shield charge mid dash to sweep
spear size increased so enemies are forced to untarget valk and roll away
can throw shield like a boomerang that is unblockable because why not
hunter's strike becomes kensei's old swift strike
headbutt is now copy paste shugoki
after successful guardbreak a light attack will be a shield punch that drains stamina and applies dizzy. punch breaks chains
can feint heavy attacks into zephyr slash
*spin treated as a light
**has superior block
***hunter's rush can be cancelled mid animation into zephyr slash
valk gains a new level two feat that can only be used against male only heroes i.e. shugo warlord etc. she pulls out a pregnancy test and takes half of the total renown collected by the target.

Siegfried-Z
05-28-2018, 03:45 PM
valk gains a new level two feat that can only be used against male only heroes i.e. shugo warlord etc. she pulls out a pregnancy test and takes half of the total renown collected by the target.

Are you serious ? XD haha u killed me ^^

SpaceJim12
05-28-2018, 05:11 PM
I slowed down with her starting in S5 because she's just too underpowered

Why people say she underpowered or weak? Come on, Valky could spam lights, use deflect like move, be real turtle with her full block shield charge. She fast as assassins and protected as heavy. I play against a lot of Valky and you can't stand against her lights if you not LB or something. And this kick down step, that guaranteed heavy.
I don't want to say she needs a nerf, cause obviously this will piss off you guys, but please stop asking to buff her. She strong against every hero in right hands.

RenegadeRasta
05-28-2018, 11:50 PM
Anyone who plays Valkyrie is an SJW.

ChampionRuby50g
05-29-2018, 01:30 AM
Anyone who plays Valkyrie is an SJW.

Iím deeply offended by this as a transgender Valkyrie cross Lawbringer, right wing feminist who only vapes soy flavour with a touch of Apache blood in me which means Iím the traditional custodian of the land you stand on. So respect my rights and if you disagree with anything I just said your a racist, sexist homophobe.

Jazz117Volkov
05-29-2018, 06:31 AM
I thought Valk had an unwitting dominatrix thing going on.

The archetype has more potential than we're currently seeing (not the dominatrix...well, maybe, but I just mean Valkyries). Whatever the update is, I just hope it works for how I like to play because she's always been that character I like the idea of being good at, but against good players you're pretty much forced to sit and wait.

I’m deeply offended by this as a transgender Valkyrie cross Lawbringer, right wing feminist who only vapes soy flavour with a touch of Apache blood in me which means I’m the traditional custodian of the land you stand on. So respect my rights and if you disagree with anything I just said your a racist, sexist homophobe.

The "your" really brought that home for me. Thank you.

Siegfried-Z
05-29-2018, 10:41 AM
Why people say she underpowered or weak? Come on, Valky could spam lights, use deflect like move, be real turtle with her full block shield charge. She fast as assassins and protected as heavy. I play against a lot of Valky and you can't stand against her lights if you not LB or something. And this kick down step, that guaranteed heavy.
I don't want to say she needs a nerf, cause obviously this will piss off you guys, but please stop asking to buff her. She strong against every hero in right hands.

Don't agree man.. do you play Valk ? I mean, really play ? Because i think if almost all the community says Valk is weak, if the expression "feels valk man" appear and if she is in trash tier in stats it is for a good reason.

On the paper she has nice things.. but her DMG are so low, her dash are lights (big punish if used stupidly), her shield bash guaranteed nothing, her deflect timing is very tight on side attacks, her post parry are very weak now with the changes as no more GB for headbutt to OOS the opponent.. don't talk about her horrible recovery time..:/

She has assassins property with a fix guard yes but that's why she is a Hybrid ^^

And about her lights.. comon u can't stand up against her lights if not playing LB etc ? Even with Shaman i parry the second one at least 50% of time on PS4.

At low and average level, or in low tier of high level yes she is still good.. but at a real high level.. the second light is very often parried which lock a big part of your game.

The only way to perform at high level is to counter that by delaying lights, delaying sweep (not a lot expect the sweep to be delayed and the timing changes on lights can make it difficult to parry) and to confused the opponent by starting an emote before GB after lights.. but it takes skill and patience ^^

Siegfried-Z
05-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Oh and i forgot about her TOTALLY USELESS ZONE XD

Kryltic
05-29-2018, 10:52 AM
Oh and i forgot about her TOTALLY USELESS ZONE XD

Not everyone needs a crazy zone for duels. Hers works well at clearing minions.

What she definitely does need is a damage buff, her second light in a chain speeding up and her shieldbash chain finisher to be unblockable.

She also needs better recovery times (in general) and HA and her shield tackle.

Finally I would say a slight relaxation on her should pin/dodge counter timing. I rarely see this come up/get used.

SpaceJim12
05-29-2018, 11:01 AM
Don't agree man.. do you play Valk ? I mean, really play ? Because i think if almost all the community says Valk is weak, if the expression "feels valk man" appear and if she is in trash tier in stats it is for a good reason.

On the paper she has nice things.. but her DMG are so low, her dash are lights (big punish if used stupidly), her shield bash guaranteed nothing, her deflect timing is very tight on side attacks, her post parry are very weak now with the changes as no more GB for headbutt to OOS the opponent.. don't talk about her horrible recovery time..:/

She has assassins property with a fix guard yes but that's why she is a Hybrid ^^

And about her lights.. comon u can't stand up against her lights if not playing LB etc ? Even with Shaman i parry the second one at least 50% of time on PS4.

At low and average level, or in low tier of high level yes she is still good.. but at a real high level.. the second light is very often parried which lock a big part of your game.

The only way to perform at high level is to counter that by delaying lights, delaying sweep (not a lot expect the sweep to be delayed and the timing changes on lights can make it difficult to parry) and to confused the opponent by starting an emote before GB after lights.. but it takes skill and patience ^^

I played on her couple times, yes. But one of my friend have 11-12 rep Valky, and he destroy everything with her. He could play without any death even. Now he play Shaman, but still can kick asses with Valky. I judge by that.
I don't know how to determine high level gameplay or not, so maybe we all play average, but still I don't think Valky THAT weak how some people on this forum try to pictured it.

Siegfried-Z
05-29-2018, 11:08 AM
I played on her couple times, yes. But one of my friend have 11-12 rep Valky, and he destroy everything with her. He could play without any death even. Now he play Shaman, but still can kick asses with Valky. I judge by that.
I don't know how to determine high level gameplay or not, so maybe we all play average, but still I don't think Valky THAT weak how some people on this forum try to pictured it.

Yep i agree with you told like that.

I believe her kit is far to be useless, well played she is strong, i very often beat shaman or Kensei rep 30/40 with her (i am rep 12 with as your friend), but it is very difficult to play against ppl which parry the second lights etc for example a very good Cent is a nightmare if your playing Valk.

I think what she need is some adjustments which could make her current kit really efficient.. as Kensei get (even if he get a bit too much^^)

HazelrahFirefly
05-29-2018, 12:22 PM
The people I fight... if you throw out a light you get parried. You do a ton of work as the Valk to only get 1/3 of a shinobi's lifebar down; meanwhile the Kensei kills her in 3 hits.

Jazz117Volkov
05-29-2018, 12:39 PM
The only guaranteed "safe" damage a Valkyrie can get outside of a light parry or guard break is the first light in her chain, which does 12 damage. A lot of fights, because being a turtle is still a very viable strategy, become marathons for the Valkyrie. Go fight a parry hungry Lawbringer, won't be long before you eat that unblockable riposte and then you have to work for another four lights just to break even and all he has to do is...stand there. Sweep? Dodge into shove. Shield bash? Dodge into shove. Shield bash light cancel? Remember that 45 damage? Random heavy? Holy...wow, that actually worked! Mum! I did 25 damage!

I remember a lot of Valk players said Gladiator was basically what she should have been, and Gladiator does have a very effective kit, so I think if her update takes a walk over there while retaining the vanguard part of her hybrid that allows her to push everyone around, we'll be good. I'm just not sure what that looks like outside of everything soft feinted into everything else. Soft-feints have become the new signature moves; it's not that you have a cool move anymore, it's that you can interrupt basically anything you were doing to get to it, and interrupt it to get to basically anything else that you want to do.

SpaceJim12
05-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Yep i agree with you told like that.

I believe her kit is far to be useless, well played she is strong, i very often beat shaman or Kensei rep 30/40 with her (i am rep 12 with as your friend), but it is very difficult to play against ppl which parry the second lights etc for example a very good Cent is a nightmare if your playing Valk.

I think what she need is some adjustments which could make her current kit really efficient.. as Kensei get (even if he get a bit too much^^)

Well, sometimes fights in For Honor could be frustraiting, cause of system. I mean, if you got tons of free time and can play and sharpen your skill 10-12 hour per day, you could be unbeatable. System allows it. And this not depend on class you choose to play.
As example, I men Conq couple days ago. He was not so good or something, but when I kicked his *** twice using his mistakes, he just became full tirtle. And there was nothing I can do as Shino. He dodge my kick, CBG me, block lights and parry heavies. So Shino didn't have much in his hand too. Nothing, that he can do with opponent who refuse to attack and wait.
This is something that lay in core mechanics of the game. Devs try to change it with reworks, but problem here that you need to rework all of them, or none. And when you choose 50/50 path, you face a "This char OP!" threads after any single rework. But when the dust settles, you got better chars with intresting kit (exept Berserker, that was a mistake).
So Valky need more moves, I think. But here she is in line with another bunch of heroes.

HazelrahFirefly
05-29-2018, 03:10 PM
It's not that Valk can't be used, and can't be used well... take a look at someone like Arch Wizard CJ who destroys with Valk... hell, I have a video recently uploaded of my Valk crushing people in the Carousel.

It's the fact that she is the furthest from balanced, with a limited moveset, is easily punished, puny damage, and very few guarantees. Her headbutt and shield bash when not fully charged guarantee nothing. **** man, even a fully charged bash tou have to run forward and get a single puny heavy.

Siegfried-Z
05-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Yep. . Sadly there are still many char with who u cant do anything against turtles. . Specially with this horrible Conq....

I dont Even understand how some ppl can enjoy playing like that. .

Some of the worst are warden. . Most of them does nothing but look at you. . Arhhh XD

SpaceJim12
05-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Yep. . Sadly there are still many char with who u cant do anything against turtles. . Specially with this horrible Conq....

I dont Even understand how some ppl can enjoy playing like that. .

Some of the worst are warden. . Most of them does nothing but look at you. . Arhhh XD

This guys here for cheap wins, not for a good fight. =)
Hate staring games, and most hate situations where I forced to play like that.

Tyrjo
05-29-2018, 05:45 PM
What she definitely does need is a damage buff, her second light in a chain speeding up and her shieldbash chain finisher to be unblockable.

No, she can't have a 400ms light. We need less of that cancerous ****. If her chain finisher was an UB wouldn't it be the fastest UB in the game at 600ms?

Siegfried-Z
05-29-2018, 05:51 PM
This guys here for cheap wins, not for a good fight. =)
Hate staring games, and most hate situations where I forced to play like that.

haha exactly !

I really love when i beat up some turtles ! Few days ago i was fighting a warlord (with valk), omg he did noooothing at all exceped wait wait GB - wait wait headbutt - Wait wait Headbutt..; again and again .. waiting and blocking everything in hope to get revenge ! Even the zone was apparently too risky for him XD

But i've won at the end and i love beating those cancer !

They makes the game so frustrating sometimes.

Kryltic
05-29-2018, 06:36 PM
No, she can't have a 400ms light. We need less of that cancerous ****. If her chain finisher was an UB wouldn't it be the fastest UB in the game at 600ms?

One 400ms in a 3 attack chain isn't cancerous and if you think it is then you need to learn to block properly. Her second attack is so easy to block/parry that its not even funny.

It might well be but the hit is the 3rd hit in a chain, does minimal damage and is predictable. At the moment most players simply block it.

The two above points practically force the Valk into attacking with single Lights