PDA

View Full Version : How to make level 2 bots go back to level 1

DeadSamurai107
05-23-2018, 03:21 PM
So I asked a question about how bots work and was told that if I lost a number of matches my game would put the level 2 bots in duel PvE back to level 1. So I sat there for 3 hours losing every single match I've literally lost like 30 duel PvP matches in a row and the bots are still level 2. I've wasted time and ruined my stats and it hasn't worked... what exactly do I do to make the bots level 1 again?

DrinkinMyStella
05-23-2018, 04:00 PM
:Headinhands: :nonchalance:

ArmoredChocobo
05-23-2018, 04:08 PM
If you’re losing to level 2s you need to rethink how you’re playing.

Wobbleshnort
05-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Did you fight in the matches you lost? Maybe you have to make it look good.

I definitely had mine drop from level 2 to 1 after doing poorly in several PVP duels.

DeadSamurai107
05-23-2018, 08:05 PM
If you’re losing to level 2s you need to rethink how you’re playing.

When I play domination I come top 90% of the time with more than 10 kills... I'm not bad at the game, level 2 bots just stun me and attack like 4 times in a row and kill me. I won like 10 duel PvP matches in a row, I'm not the problem it's the overpowerd bots.

BadBOO17
05-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Dude lvl 1 bots are a joke they only throw heavies out and barely block and dont cgb. Lvl 2 bots are a joke that somewhat mix things and cgb sometimes and block a bit more. Lvl 1 bots are insta-win and pretty much so are lvl 2 so yes you are the problem. It takes more skill to lose against one of them than to beat them.
Edit: if you want to see some overpowered bots play against lvl3 bots

DeadSamurai107
05-23-2018, 10:24 PM
I don't care if I'm bad or good or if anyone else finds them hard or easy. My question is how can I get them to level 1? It's not like I can even practise and get better I literally cannot beat them. I only played on level 1 bots for a few hours and now it's forcing me to play and lose again level 2. If there isn't a way then there is no point in me playing this stupid game.

EvoX.
05-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Just practice against LVL 2's. Start with the Raider, he has a very basic pattern of attacking. All you have to do to survive is block, then just Guardbreak and deal damage. For guaranteed damage, go for a Parry or Deflect. Parrying heavy attacks is the easiest thing in any game ever, you can't seriously tell me you're unable to do that.

Sometimes they will feint their attacks, but that will just teach you to not be parry-happy. That, and attempt Guardbreaks often, but that's just good practice to counter them.

Have you gone through the Apprentice and Warrior trials? Most of the mechanics around the game are covered there. Playing against LVL 1 bots is a waste of time and will just dull your skill.Outside of bringing down your MMR by losing, I don't know how to get them back.

ArmoredChocobo
05-24-2018, 03:17 AM
When I play domination I come top 90% of the time with more than 10 kills... I'm not bad at the game, level 2 bots just stun me and attack like 4 times in a row and kill me. I won like 10 duel PvP matches in a row, I'm not the problem it's the overpowerd bots.

Man I wanna fight the guys you’re fighting.

I’d rate level 3 as overpowered because they have computer-level reactions and parry anything not guaranteed.

Level 2s are a yawner that aren’t fun to fight because they’re too damn predictable.

Lord_Cherubi
05-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Man I wanna fight the guys you’re fighting.

I’d rate level 3 as overpowered because they have computer-level reactions and parry anything not guaranteed.

Level 2s are a yawner that aren’t fun to fight because they’re too damn predictable.

This is exactly the reason why i absolutely HATED test your metal, even tho every other player saw it as a godsend. Lvl 3 bots arent fun go play against, you cant fool them with mind games as u would a human player. You NEVER get a 3 hit combo. When i tested the mode out, i realized that i cant play my own style, but have to turtle and wait to get that one hit in at a time. It was not a challenge, it was annoying as ****, i can finish a human player in one combo if they dont know what theyre doing but a lv3 bot? Hell no.

SangLong524
05-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Instead of debating your preference, how about someone just tell OP how to delevel Bots? I'm dying to know as well. I want to be able to switch back and forth when I'm bored grinding level 1 bots to the ground

Ubi-Jimothy
05-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Heyo folks,

Let's try to stay on the topic here. If someone is asking a question, please don't berate them for their choice of way to play the game.

In answer to your question, OP, I'll take a look into it on our end, but the bots in PvAI should adapt to your personal skill level. Let me look into whether there's an issue with this right now and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Best regards,

Jim.

isigri
08-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Jim,

Im not sure if this post is still active or where to find help on this issue. i apologize if this is the wrong outlet and i appreciate your time. so the problem, of course is that i cant do anything against the lvl 2 bots.. they shut me down completely but im great against the lvl 1 bots. its infuriating. some of the other forums are saying that the lvl 2 bots are more aggressive than the lvl 3 bots. i was having a great time with the game learning, but the difference in difficulty between 1 and 2 is too great. Ive even told to "kys" kill your self. so as a possible solution add 1 more bot lvl and dial down 2 just a tad maybe not use their full move set all the time, the whole time i mean really.. lol or readjust your skill thing because im obviously not ready for lvl 2. ive bought the characters to learn to pick them apart and can do so in lvl 1 with complete ease but lvl 2 is too much. ive spent alot of money in this great game please make it better again. thank again you for your time.

a humble warrior

Macathain T.

Halvtand
08-13-2019, 08:58 PM
Jim,

Im not sure if this post is still active or where to find help on this issue. i apologize if this is the wrong outlet and i appreciate your time. so the problem, of course is that i cant do anything against the lvl 2 bots.. they shut me down completely but im great against the lvl 1 bots. its infuriating. some of the other forums are saying that the lvl 2 bots are more aggressive than the lvl 3 bots. i was having a great time with the game learning, but the difference in difficulty between 1 and 2 is too great. Ive even told to "kys" kill your self. so as a possible solution add 1 more bot lvl and dial down 2 just a tad maybe not use their full move set all the time, the whole time i mean really.. lol or readjust your skill thing because im obviously not ready for lvl 2. ive bought the characters to learn to pick them apart and can do so in lvl 1 with complete ease but lvl 2 is too much. ive spent alot of money in this great game please make it better again. thank again you for your time.

a humble warrior

Macathain T.

While thread necromancy is frowned upon, you are at least staying on point so I'm gonna give you some help.
Here's the thing. This game is always trying to read your skill level and tries to put you up against an enemy that will be difficult, but one that you can handle. So you're being matched with lvl2 bots because you've been doing really well against the lvl1 bots and the game has decided that it's time to leave the nest. Problem is that it's really bad at it. It doesn't push you up in skill an inch at a time. It doesn't ease you into it so carefully that you don't even notice getting better. This is the Leonidas school of matchmaking that just goes "SPARTA!" and kicks you in.
You know what it looks like when you have a really good game and manage to rep up your hero, so you often gain 3-4 levels right off the bat? It's like that. Once the game pushed you into lvl2 territory, it didn't plonk you down right outside your comfort zone, it threw you in as far as it could be arsed.
If you want to go back to lvl1 bots you need to lose matches, but you're going to need to lose a lot of them. So here's my end-of-rant-tip: Try your best.

You're going to be facing lvl2 bots for a while, let's make the best of it. Try your best to take one of them down, try to hold a zone until help arrives, try to clean out the minion zone. Of course you'll die, but every takedown is one step toward progress and before long you might find yourself fighting lvl2 bots and slaying them like there's no tomorrow.
Worst case scenario? You can't manage it and in a while you'll see lvl1 bots again and you're back in familiar territory, maybe next time you see a lvl2 you'll be ready for it.

Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice. There are a lot of really helpful people out there. I can also recommend watching youtube guides or streamers, just look at what they're doing and see if you can't do the same. You don't have to be perfect, these guys are at the top of the food chain in this game, you just have to try.

DeamonXII
08-14-2019, 11:25 AM
What is thread necromancy?

Qaneo
08-14-2019, 03:46 PM
What is thread necromancy?

It's when you bump a really old topic back to the front of the boards.

With the feint changes I'm doing a lot better against level 2/3 bots. :D

FuncK_D
08-14-2019, 09:10 PM
What Udi NEEDS to do is for pure vs AI matches let the players PICK what lvl AI they want to play against when you turn matchmaking OFF in multi-player. Let the "auto-skill match" AI only become a factor when it is a pure PvP game entered with matchmaking ON, and the AI is there to take the place of a dropped/missing player.

This is common sense stuff and I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented. If I could have picked lvl2 bots earlier on, it would have helped me SO MUCH in being able to learn the game outside of actual multi-player modes where half the "noobs" you fight against these days are actually veterans on smurf accounts who hand your *** to you so quickly there is zero chance to learn from the encounter. It was a miracle I got over that hump myself. And with the game being offered for free on Epic for a week recently, we have a fresh batch of ready to play smurf accounts at disposal, witch is going to be an absolute nightmare for anyone actually "new" and their chances of staying interested in For Honor, instead of straight up rage quitting and uninstalling.

We want to maintain the population of actual new players from the Epic store, yes? Ubi needs to make this simple change in AI lvl selection ASAP.