PDA

View Full Version : Ingratitude equals fewer free add-ons?

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 08:38 AM
There seems to be a rather silly idea floating around this forum that a lack of gratitude on the part of FB players has caused Oleg and UBI to forego free add ons in the future. I think that is ridiculous but even if it is true who really cares? I would rather pay for an add-on and get some more stuff now than feel like there is some obligation of gratitude and a lack of proper supplicating will result in fewer expansions. I don't begrudge Oleg making his money. I think they should just charge for everything (barring patches to fix payware products) and be done with any nonsense about gratitude.

By they way, when you compare the relative volume of the free add on to the pay add on due in January its not like we are going to be deluged with generosity. Most of the planes that are complete have been left out of this add-on. I would rather just pay and get all the completed models now.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 08:38 AM
There seems to be a rather silly idea floating around this forum that a lack of gratitude on the part of FB players has caused Oleg and UBI to forego free add ons in the future. I think that is ridiculous but even if it is true who really cares? I would rather pay for an add-on and get some more stuff now than feel like there is some obligation of gratitude and a lack of proper supplicating will result in fewer expansions. I don't begrudge Oleg making his money. I think they should just charge for everything (barring patches to fix payware products) and be done with any nonsense about gratitude.

By they way, when you compare the relative volume of the free add on to the pay add on due in January its not like we are going to be deluged with generosity. Most of the planes that are complete have been left out of this add-on. I would rather just pay and get all the completed models now.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey I love you man I love you all heres a big wet kiss to prove it now wheres the FREE stuff /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Then Ill buy the addon for 25/30 bucs.

Free is good, Paid addons are better in the long run....

I am gratefull. Be patient man I dont want nothing NOW !!!

I want it when its done & not a second before that.

Go Oleg Go Oleg..........GO GO GO OLEG !!!

<CENTER> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1065290873.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 08:58 AM
As much as people whine and gripe nobody except a couple of tards who are just trolls will refuse to admit that as far as WWII flightsims go. IL2 FB is just the finest thing anyone has yet to see.

As always though people want more. Some people are quiet rude about it or pushy, and others just want a date on when. Many are contributing to the add-on and I'm not sure if they're getting paid for it. However if they aren't I can't see Ubi releasing a paid for add-on that contains people's free work. At least not without giving them a cut for their efforts.

Plus you have the people who keep the VEF going by hosting. Also those who spend lots of their spare time making new campaigns. Even more make free utilities for FB.

I doubt very seriously that anyone at Ubi is at all affected by the gripes posted on this forum. Unless they're truely legit gripes. However "I want a spitfire" is not a legit gripe. Gripes and whiners are present on every forum in every game. Nothing is or ever will be perfect. It's childish but would be unprofessional for a company like Ubi to get upset and deny the many content gamers who play and do other things to keep the game alive any new material.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Personally, for an addon to this sim, I'm willing to pay 20 to 35 bucks. (American dollars) For a full game, I'll go up to 60 if I really want it, but I try to keep it at 50. I just hope the pay addon is within reasonable price range.

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg