PDA

View Full Version : What if there was no Hyper Armor?

KNKitsune
05-22-2018, 08:20 AM
How much more turtling are those hyper armor happy heroes are going to get?

DrinkinMyStella
05-22-2018, 11:53 AM
I use the most armoured hero in the game zerker and never ever ever ever turtle because thats not how to play him, so not sure what your talking about. Shugogi doesn't have much else other than his hyper so you have to turtle till his hyper armour becomes active in order to get anywhere. Other than that hyper armour is only active on specific moves or combos so you have to attack in order for the armour to become active.

KNKitsune
05-23-2018, 03:25 AM
I use the most armoured hero in the game zerker and never ever ever ever turtle because thats not how to play him, so not sure what your talking about. Shugogi doesn't have much else other than his hyper so you have to turtle till his hyper armour becomes active in order to get anywhere. Other than that hyper armour is only active on specific moves or combos so you have to attack in order for the armour to become active.

A course you do not know the difference between hyper armor and super armor.

ChampionRuby50g
05-23-2018, 03:44 AM

So instead of been patronising and rude, maybe explain the difference instead of just saying he doesn’t know the difference?

I always thought that hyper and super armour was just two names for the same mechanic.

Waxfacts
05-23-2018, 04:27 AM
So instead of been patronising and rude, maybe explain the difference instead of just saying he doesn’t know the difference?

I always thought that hyper and super armour was just two names for the same mechanic.

As far as i know, super armor refers to having armor that can be interrupted upon the second hit, while hyper armor cant be interrupted at all. I do agree that hyper armor needs to be looked at in some way. Most the top teir heros have it, and its one of the big reasons they are so strong. I would first recommend deflects canceling hyper armor since they are so risky with not amazing results on some heros.

Vakris_One
05-23-2018, 11:05 AM
How much more turtling are those hyper armor happy heroes are going to get?
You do know that every implementation of hyper armour in the game is either useful only in attack or activated by actually attacking, yes?

Tyrjo
05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
You do know that every implementation of hyper armour in the game is either useful only in attack or activated by actually attacking, yes?

Of course he doesn't know the difference between actual turtling and the real use for hyper armor.

DrinkinMyStella
05-23-2018, 11:49 AM

tbh I've been playing since alpha so i'm not a noob but honestly I thought they were the same thing just worded differently, please explain the difference between the two so I understand and so I know that you understand. You started as thread with no real content to it, we're all left guessing what to answer you with. have more substance to your thread and elaborate more for a better discussion.

Baggin_
05-23-2018, 12:29 PM
tbh I've been playing since alpha so i'm not a noob but honestly I thought they were the same thing just worded differently, please explain the difference between the two so I understand and so I know that you understand. You started as thread with no real content to it, we're all left guessing what to answer you with. have more substance to your thread and elaborate more for a better discussion.

I may be wrong here so feel free to correct me as I've never really givin much thought to the terminology of the two.

Hyper armor activates when attacking such as Highlander, Berzerker, Warlord, ect. Super armor is a passive ability that stays on until the character is touched. Shugoki is the only character that has "Super armor".

They both have the same goal which is to give immunity to being staggered by an attack so that you can get a counter attack in. This is useful for trading attacks where someone would hit you with a weaker attack while you absorb it and deal a much heavier attack.

Now where the rule would differ is on the CC (Croud control) in the game. Cc will beat hyper armor, for example Warlords headbutt will beat Aramushas' forward jump attack which has hyper armor. However if Warlord went to headbutt Shugoki (who has Super Armor) the super armor will absorb the hit, but will take the super armor away.

I could be totally off on this, but I believe those are the differences between the two.

Camemberto
05-24-2018, 12:28 PM
I would suggest Hyper armor is only useful against light attacks. Meaning Heavy attacks, that have Hyper armor, can still be interrupted by heavy attacks, but not lights.