PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby Stats

Woke_Up_Dead
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Is there a way to display how many times you, or other players, have been downed, killed, bailed, or crashed in the middle of a game in a Hyperlobby server? All I can see when I bring up the stats are name, points, some small number in brackets (ping?), the type of plane, and the number on the plane.

Displaying the number of times that a player has died, bailed, or somehow failed might change the style of play to something more realistic. Right now I see a lot of players who try to run up their points simply by getting in there and getting kills as quickly as possible without much regard to their safety. I know the number of points is modified according to how you finish the sortie, but when you're not getting kills it's very tempting to go up, try to get a kill, get shot down, yell "damn!" hit refly, go up, try to get a kill, get shot down, yell "damn!", hit refly, and so on. If you don't get a kill you end up with zero points whether you die once or twenty times.

I used to play a first person shooter called Delta-Force online; it was much slower, more tactical, and played on a much bigger map (it was mainly a sniping game) than the typical Quake-like online game. The stats displayed both kills and deaths, so while there were still players who would run right into the fire with their M-16s spraying wildly trying to rack up points, there was also a small but not insignificant group of players for whom their kill/death ratio was more important. I was one of those players, and I was always much happier with a 7-0 (7 kills no deaths) type of score than the server leading 23-25 tally. And getting a 5-13 was for us downright embarrassing and worse than a 3-0. If the server leaders started calling us noobs we would point out they have died about ten times more than we did. This made our style of play much more tactical and better thought-out, and being able to see those stats right away served to reinforce that approach.

Woke_Up_Dead
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Is there a way to display how many times you, or other players, have been downed, killed, bailed, or crashed in the middle of a game in a Hyperlobby server? All I can see when I bring up the stats are name, points, some small number in brackets (ping?), the type of plane, and the number on the plane.

Displaying the number of times that a player has died, bailed, or somehow failed might change the style of play to something more realistic. Right now I see a lot of players who try to run up their points simply by getting in there and getting kills as quickly as possible without much regard to their safety. I know the number of points is modified according to how you finish the sortie, but when you're not getting kills it's very tempting to go up, try to get a kill, get shot down, yell "damn!" hit refly, go up, try to get a kill, get shot down, yell "damn!", hit refly, and so on. If you don't get a kill you end up with zero points whether you die once or twenty times.

I used to play a first person shooter called Delta-Force online; it was much slower, more tactical, and played on a much bigger map (it was mainly a sniping game) than the typical Quake-like online game. The stats displayed both kills and deaths, so while there were still players who would run right into the fire with their M-16s spraying wildly trying to rack up points, there was also a small but not insignificant group of players for whom their kill/death ratio was more important. I was one of those players, and I was always much happier with a 7-0 (7 kills no deaths) type of score than the server leading 23-25 tally. And getting a 5-13 was for us downright embarrassing and worse than a 3-0. If the server leaders started calling us noobs we would point out they have died about ten times more than we did. This made our style of play much more tactical and better thought-out, and being able to see those stats right away served to reinforce that approach.

Billy_DeLyon
10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't think there's any way you can bring up those stats in-game. I may be wrong, I look forward to clarification if so.

Most servers do have their own home-page, though, where you can look up your cumulative stats afterwards. eg:

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=Stats_Page

for Spits vs 109s and Zekes vs Wildcats.

rnzoli
10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Such detailed stats show only with the help of external tools, server controllers and mission log parsers, normally used by online wars.

Here is another example for SEOW:
http://161.53.204.25/mp4/Statistics/MP-Missions.php?Sector=Normandy

There, if you crash and die, your team loses the plane AND even get some more penalty points - due to losing a trained pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No wonder we don't have any crazy people flying in those campaigns. If you're damage, you head home to save the airplane...

SlickStick
10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
For servers that do not post stats for dedicated servers, there is an in-game check that you can do, that is not as detailed as dedicated server stats, but still gives you number of kills, ships destroyed, etc.

When in-game and spawned on a map, open the console by hitting SHIFT+TAB. In the command line, type the following:

user Woke_Up_Dead STAT

and hit Enter.

The "user" must be lower case, the name must be EXACTLY as it appears in-game (caps, underscores, etc.) and the "STAT" part must be caps.

This will then list statistics for the user entered in the command line. You can also enter anyone's name into that command line, that is present on the server at the time, to see their stats.

SHIFT+TAB to close the console.

Hit this link (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=351) for a guide on other Console commands that are available in-game as well.

PF_Coastie
10-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Or just hit user STAT in the console and it will show all players in game stats.

Best bet is to fly on a real dedicated server like Warclouds, Spits vs 109's, Zekes vs. Wildcats and so on. They all have their own server generated stats pages on a website.