PDA

View Full Version : New Map Idea

MafiaRider
05-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Name: Colosseum
Type: Dominion

So after thinking of a map that would decrease the ganking in Dominion matches, I came up with this idea. A map where both teams have a zone right infront of their spawn, making it hard for either team to capture it. what's the advantage to this? The fight will most likely take place at mid most of the time, resulting in both teams breaking at the same time (or almost). Feel free to add ideas or shoot it down.

EDIT: Updated the map with fire pits at each teams zone (against spawn gankers)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ni2kn7.jpg

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Might be okay, but without obstacles don't you think the map would be a bit boring?

Just to add to your idea, what if they made the colloseum in midst of construction, have a few big scaffolds on each side where the zones are, some insta kill spike posts littered around the ground.

Frostynuggman84
05-19-2018, 02:01 PM
All good ideas, another thing that may help with the gank would be to implement a solo q. I would gladly wait longer in the Q to avoid getting ganked by pre mades

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah, kind of like COD used to have, I think it was called Mercenary matchmaking or something. No parties allowed to queue. Ubisoft has been weary about splitting fan base on too many modes though.

Frostynuggman84
05-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Honestly at this point, I dont think they have anything to lose. Js

MafiaRider
05-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Might be okay, but without obstacles don't you think the map would be a bit boring?

Just to add to your idea, what if they made the colloseum in midst of construction, have a few big scaffolds on each side where the zones are, some insta kill spike posts littered around the ground.

Im open to anything, so yea I would like to see some spikes too, but not sure where to place them :confused:

Nokhchalla
05-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Looks dope +1

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Im open to anything, so yea I would like to see some spikes too, but not sure where to place them :confused:

I was thinking just put some pillars and rubble around in the area, spikes on the pillars, maybe some big stones and half walls to throw people into.

SlickCriminal27
05-19-2018, 06:00 PM
Decent looking map there buddy

UbiJurassic
05-19-2018, 07:40 PM
A large Colosseum map would be an awesome sight in For Honor! It's been suggested before, but Bog's suggestion of adding scaffolds gives it an interesting sense of verticality. :D

MafiaRider
05-19-2018, 11:30 PM
A large Colosseum map would be an awesome sight in For Honor! It's been suggested before, but Bog's suggestion of adding scaffolds gives it an interesting sense of verticality. :D

Absolutely! Obviously this is just a sketch I made, if the For Honor team actually did create such a map im sure it would have spikes and lots of other cool features. I would definitely love to see it in the game though ;)