PDA

View Full Version : The New Map Is AWFUL

BTTrinity
05-19-2018, 12:50 AM
Community - "We dont want small maps, playing the Obj is impossible vs Deathball"

Devs - "You dont want small maps? Well, heres one where you plunge attack from one point to the other."

This map is up there with Forge on my poo-list

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 12:54 AM
I like the new map, if they want to get rid of the death ball, they need to change the way you gain points, not the maps.

Holding zones should generate points, if you leave the zone, it's automatically neutral, fighting in a contested zone that you have captured already should be +1 points, uncontested +2, only the soldier zones should generate points if you are not there. Killing other players shouldn't give your team any points at all, only your personal score should increase. Problem solved.

BTTrinity
05-19-2018, 01:33 AM
I like the new map, if they want to get rid of the death ball, they need to change the way you gain points, not the maps.

Holding zones should generate points, if you leave the zone, it's automatically neutral, fighting in a contested zone that you have captured already should be +1 points, uncontested +2, only the soldier zones should generate points if you are not there. Killing other players shouldn't give your team any points at all, only your personal score should increase. Problem solved.

Glad to see you're still around.

Fair enough.... Id find small maps (New one, Gauntlet, Forge, Sanct Bridge) much more tolerable if deathball wasn't so prevalent

I agree, and have stated this myself a while back as well as Fady and a few others.... hopefully this is a change that happens soon, as well as some of the feats being toned down.

Arekonator
05-19-2018, 01:38 AM
I feel like deathball is less issue on the new map, because at least your teammates can quickly get near to help you. Honestly i feel like deathball itself is only problem when other team lacks coordination to the point they are unable to simply group up and teamfight.

BTTrinity
05-19-2018, 01:50 AM
I feel like deathball is less issue on the new map, because at least your teammates can quickly get near to help you. Honestly i feel like deathball itself is only problem when other team lacks coordination to the point they are unable to simply group up and teamfight.

I like that first statement, good point.

For me, what makes deathball an issue is the fact that playing the Obj is IMPOSSIBLE when it happens, and this issue is exacerbated by small maps.

CandleInTheDark
05-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Honestly I was worried about this when they said it was a smaller map. Small maps will only really work anywhere outside high tier if changes are made that make the zones more important to boost, otherwise it comes to who can take home, soldier zone and not die in a group of four on many of the smaller maps, the larger ones a player can make them have to go get whichever zone they are not at because it takes longer to get from a to b.

Problem is that it looks like, on the attackers end at least, it is easy to attack players in their spawn point. I don't think everyone quite knows yet, two people running out of home zone went towards the soldiers, but if they had stayed there I would have to have tried passing them on my own. Also grouping up doesn't really help when you have one zone or even zero which I have seen people spamming group up during.

Kelson27
05-19-2018, 02:01 AM
That map is not awful, ganking is awful. Until they address that issue every map is awful depending on the team youíre up against.

Had some great games yesterday, but itís inevitable to find the 3 highlander team or the full centurion blockout.

The_B0G_
05-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Glad to see you're still around.

Fair enough.... Id find small maps (New one, Gauntlet, Forge, Sanct Bridge) much more tolerable if deathball wasn't so prevalent

I agree, and have stated this myself a while back as well as Fady and a few others.... hopefully this is a change that happens soon, as well as some of the feats being toned down.

Thanks, couldn't stay away long lol.

I agree, with randoms in your team its impossible to combat. You need full communication to beat gank squads, this suffered even more when dedicated servers went live and killed in-game chat.

I find when I play with my friends, even if they are less skilled than randoms I play with, that we do much better completely due to the fact we can communicate with each other.

The best fix I think is make dominion more like a king of the hill style zone control mode. Like I said in my first post.

This would fix the issue for all maps, big and small.

BTTrinity
05-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Thanks, couldn't stay away long lol.

I agree, with randoms in your team its impossible to combat. You need full communication to beat gank squads, this suffered even more when dedicated servers went live and killed in-game chat.

I find when I play with my friends, even if they are less skilled than randoms I play with, that we do much better completely due to the fact we can communicate with each other.

The best fix I think is make dominion more like a king of the hill style zone control mode. Like I said in my first post.

This would fix the issue for all maps, big and small.

Same, Ill come back every update to see whats going on, but I dont see myself actually playing like I used to until Deathball/Feats are dealt with.

All of my friends quit playing, and refuse to come back until feats are toned down.

Yep, I agree 100% it would be a very welcome change.

Okita_Soji..
05-19-2018, 02:55 PM
I just started playing again last and while I like the looks of the map and its new so that's welcome,it is a bit easy to kill players off and get to the spawn point and hold all the minions and the heroes there while you control the zones. I do like the levels of the zones with the hills and stairs. Zone "A" is so small. It would be nicer if it was a bit larger thou, Temple is still my favorite..

BananaBlighter
05-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Yeah I really think being in the middle zone and killing minions manually (i.e. without bombs) should generate more points. Nobody is ever there and so you always have huge bank battles at the two other capture points. I never play Dominion much anymore and find Tribute infinitely more fun.

BTTrinity
05-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Yeah I really think being in the middle zone and killing minions manually (i.e. without bombs) should generate more points. Nobody is ever there and so you always have huge bank battles at the two other capture points. I never play Dominion much anymore and find Tribute infinitely more fun.

As a Nobu player, Id like this too :P