PDA

View Full Version : Steel earning vs new cost

C4Phaze
05-18-2018, 04:18 PM
So yesterday I loaded up for honor after a long day at work to check out the new S6 changes. Couple quick things to note before the main point:

PK is even more annoying now.
Orochi - Well, you'll see a significant rise in complaints soon enough. He needed a buff, but the way it was done was not the correct way. All you created is another hero who is spam-happy. His storm rush travel distance needs to be cut in half at least. Storm rush + top attack = massive distance if the tracking kick it right at the end it further extends the travel range.
Speed and mobility is king in this game. When you have characters that excel in this department and give them even more tools like HA, UB, lightning-fast chain combos you create a significant imbalance if other heroes do not have the correct responses.

Now to the the main topic - Steel:
I gotta ask this first. Ubisoft, are you financially failing or something? Is this why you're attempting to bait players into spending money on steel packs? There isn't a single aspect in regards to steel that makes sense in this game. 25-50 steel per game? A little more with orders? 1-5k steel per ornaments. 5-7k per emote/execution. Up to 20k for outfits.

This is not including the upgrade cost and cost of changing skins. Which also require salvage which increases in cost as you go up in rarity. Here is what blew my mind last night. I spent the majority of my even on my PC account (which is pretty new - Rep 2 warden only) playing the new event. I finally got the 3 Valentias skins for the sword. My warden being rep 2 they were blue so I figured "neat" shouldn't cost too much to temporarily change the look. NOPE! 935 STEEL PER PIECE to change the skin of a blue. Are you freaking insane?

I've bought one $20 dollar steel pack once on my xbox account and I regretted it instantly. So don't come her with an excuse like "oh these are event items, they are more intricate, etc". You want a proper solution? Remove the steel cost of upgrading and changing looks and have them cost salvage. Maybe then those of use with nearly 200k+ salvage can finally have a use for it.

Needless to say this left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll be shelving this game for a while.

UbiJurassic
05-18-2018, 07:07 PM
We had a maintenance earlier today to address the community feedback regarding the Visual Collection. You can see the full notes in the maintenance post here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1882273-Server-Maintenance-May-18-2018-(All-Platforms)). As for purchasing looks during the higher steel cost, we'll be looking to see what we can do for this. We'll look to update players when we have new info.

C4Phaze
05-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Thank you for the reply this definitely welcome news.