PDA

View Full Version : Really guys? Really?

Knight_Raime
05-17-2018, 06:48 PM
You guys bring us a long awaited feature of being able to freely use any look gear wise and then make us dump that much steel?
it's 1000 steel if you want to apply an event look. I'm really shocked.

Maybe this isn't a big deal for people who play the game daily and complete every order ever. But it certainly screws over people like me who only duel. The amount of steel in this game in general is low considering how much you charge for things already. Either the cost for this new feature needs to go waaaay down or our steel gains needs to go waaaaay up.

HazelrahFirefly
05-17-2018, 07:25 PM
I knew it, and I called it.

Instead of increasing inventory space or creating a storage they came up with a clever little system to gouge people of steel. It even fooled the majority, but it's a scam.

I'll be hanging on to all my loot even if I have to delete something at the end of every match.

Illyrian_King
05-17-2018, 08:13 PM
To be honest I like this system!

Once my gf was mad at me and deleted pretty much all of my skins ... now she wouldn't be able to do that anymore technically ^^

Knight_Raime
05-17-2018, 08:35 PM

Instead of increasing inventory space or creating a storage they came up with a clever little system to gouge people of steel. It even fooled the majority, but it's a scam.

I'll be hanging on to all my loot even if I have to delete something at the end of every match.

It's really upsetting.

Frostynuggman84
05-17-2018, 08:49 PM
Classic ubisoft, honestly I wouldnt expect anything else from them at this point. Even if they do make a much needed change they would prob further break the game in the process. SMH

Helnekromancer
05-17-2018, 09:10 PM
- 3 load outs

- 6 pieces of gear to each loadout

- 1000 steel to change each piece

- 18,000 steel down the drain based on changing the look so you have 3 different sets

- And that's nothing even changing it to the Event ones which is 1750 steel

*Why can't this all cost Salvage, or better yet free since we unlocked these for free?

HazelrahFirefly
05-17-2018, 09:19 PM
- 3 load outs

- 18,000 steel down the drain based on changing the look so you have 3 different sets

*Why can't this all cost Salvage, or better yet free since we unlocked these for free?

This is why:

Knight_Raime
05-17-2018, 09:51 PM
- 3 load outs

Because money has to be made. I'm fine with having a little grind to have the perfect cosmetic set. I just find this current amount to be too much when the amount you earn in a days play isn't even close to a decent amount of steel.

Personally I think looks you already had costed salvage and a flat amount of steel regardless of tier just for the sake of changing the look. and then you could pay a pretty penny's worth of steel to unlock looks you haven't found yet (events excluding)

Or stuff could be reversed here where salvage was the main spent thing with little steel. Or a mix of either plus my idea.

UbiJurassic
05-17-2018, 09:52 PM
You guys bring us a long awaited feature of being able to freely use any look gear wise and then make us dump that much steel?
it's 1000 steel if you want to apply an event look. I'm really shocked.

Maybe this isn't a big deal for people who play the game daily and complete every order ever. But it certainly screws over people like me who only duel. The amount of steel in this game in general is low considering how much you charge for things already. Either the cost for this new feature needs to go waaaay down or our steel gains needs to go waaaaay up.

I definitely understand the letdown in terms of the expectations you may have had before the feature released. Something to keep in mind though is that the event weapons hold a lot more detail than the looks of mid to lower rarities and are much closer in appearance to legendary tier gear. That is why the price for changing the appearance is high.

I'll be sure to note the feedback down though and pass it along for the team to look at though.

bannex19
05-18-2018, 12:16 AM
They better buff the !@#$ out of the battle pass steel gain.

I've put a boatload of money into this game and more than supported it and will continue to do so as long as they keep working on it but 1k should be for a complete outfit, not each piece or at least make it comparable to what the cost was before...

Howard_T_J
05-18-2018, 12:20 AM
Last I checked. Steel is free... Unless you're impatient

I'm sitting on 53k and I don't nearly play as much as regulars

Kelson27
05-18-2018, 01:12 AM

By impatient you mean could've had a college degree?

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 01:25 AM
I definitely understand the letdown in terms of the expectations you may have had before the feature released. Something to keep in mind though is that the event weapons hold a lot more detail than the looks of mid to lower rarities and are much closer in appearance to legendary tier gear. That is why the price for changing the appearance is high.

I'll be sure to note the feedback down though and pass it along for the team to look at though.

I wouldn't mind the event stuff costing more than the standard stuff we have available. I just didn't expect such a huge gap. Especially considering how much it already costs to bring something from really low tier to an epic tier piece. These prices themselves wouldn't even be so bad if our standard steel gain per day was even close to half of what one full transmog set costs at epic tier. The reasoning behind the pricing isn't my issue. it's the values themselves.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 01:27 AM

53k is nothing. I was sitting on about 40k around season 3? or slightly before it. That's because I never bought things. If you have 53k sitting around you either don't buy many executions/emotes/effects or you only play a small amount of heros.

I complete all the orders I can from duel pretty much everytime they refresh. I spent almost half this games life span looking like a day 1 player. Accusing me of being impatient to excuse these gross prices is hilarious.

Xinlyfenne
05-18-2018, 01:43 AM
The prices are quite standard - if you unlocked the gear at your current rarity. Otherwise there is a fee that costs a lot of steel for the visual swap. The price should remain the same throughout, or the 'lower rarity' fee should be minimal; much less than it is now.

UbiJurassic
05-18-2018, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't mind the event stuff costing more than the standard stuff we have available. I just didn't expect such a huge gap. Especially considering how much it already costs to bring something from really low tier to an epic tier piece. These prices themselves wouldn't even be so bad if our standard steel gain per day was even close to half of what one full transmog set costs at epic tier. The reasoning behind the pricing isn't my issue. it's the values themselves.

I definitely get that and over the course of the day there's been some similar things said. The price of changing the look to an event item is especially startling if you looted the set at a lower rarity, as the pricing would have been based around the rarity tier it was looted. I'm making sure to collect every bit of feedback on it to get over to the team.

Tundra 793
05-18-2018, 02:13 AM
I definitely get that and over the course of the day there's been some similar things said. The price of changing the look to an event item is especially startling if you looted the set at a lower rarity, as the pricing would have been based around the rarity tier it was looted. I'm making sure to collect every bit of feedback on it to get over to the team.

Just make it flat-rate. 500 Steel, hell even 200-250 Steel. It'll be so much more reasonable, it'll encourage players to experiment with their looks, it'll drive Steel Pack sales for the fashion enthusiasts.

To re-iterate a point I made months ago; There's an ever increasing number of options for us to spend Steel on, but for over a year now there's been zero boosts to Steel income. These two concepts need to follow each other to some degree in order for players to be able to keep up with the increasing number of choices presented to them.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 02:14 AM
Haven't been on today so I haven't sampled this myself but holy heck that sounds like a big let down. 1k steel per event gear piece cosmetic is ridiculous! I thought 1k to refine a gear piece was overboard but this one takes the full cake home and copulates with it.

Please tell me we're at least still able to loot event gear at Legendary tier if our hero is at Rep 8 or above.

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 02:34 AM
Haven't been on today so I haven't sampled this myself but holy heck that sounds like a big let down. 1k steel per event gear piece cosmetic is ridiculous! I thought 1k to refine a gear piece was overboard but this one takes the full cake home and copulates with it.

Please tell me we're at least still able to loot event gear at Legendary tier if our hero is at Rep 8 or above.

Can confirm. Have two pieces for my PK so far (Rep 19).

ArchDukeInstinct
05-18-2018, 03:05 AM
Thank God I can finally delete the Demon Crush set off my Conqueror. It was an eye sore but I am a collector of all things Conqueror.

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 03:10 AM
Can confirm. Have two pieces for my PK so far (Rep 19).
Well that's kindness at least. This kind of insane pricing for switching looks with lower tier and unique gear is not on though. There's no reason to start nickle and diming us on everything even remotely tied to steel in this game. More players will fall to grind fatigue and burn out than will purchase microtransaction steel packs for a full triple A priced game.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 03:41 AM
Just make it flat-rate. 500 Steel, hell even 200-250 Steel. It'll be so much more reasonable, it'll encourage players to experiment with their looks, it'll drive Steel Pack sales for the fashion enthusiasts.

To re-iterate a point I made months ago; There's an ever increasing number of options for us to spend Steel on, but for over a year now there's been zero boosts to Steel income. These two concepts need to follow each other to some degree in order for players to be able to keep up with the increasing number of choices presented to them.

Just to nitpick i'm pretty sure either this patch or with season 5 they made it so champion status gives more steel. But yeah. the steel gain in general needs buffing imo.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 03:43 AM
Well that's kindness at least. This kind of insane pricing for switching looks with lower tier and unique gear is not on though. There's no reason to start nickle and diming us on everything even remotely tied to steel in this game. More players will fall to grind fatigue and burn out than will purchase microtransaction steel packs for a full triple A priced game.

Sad thing is I was actually looking to drop about 40$ on steel packs next check because I am greedy and want me some more executions/emotes since the number of heros I reg play has increased over the past 2 months. But I don't think I can justify doing that at this time because it would be justifying the current pricing of transmog in specific situations. I guess i'll just hold onto that 40$ for the next season pass if/when it's announced at E3 in the coming months.

EvoX.
05-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Lmao, this is simply unreal. Can anyone explain to me how EA are viewed as the most greedy gaming company, yet Ubisoft gets to do crap like this and it somehow slides under the radar? Is it because it's indirect? It's so fuсking obvious they put the price sky high so that everyone is even more pressured to buy steel.

A 1000 steel to change the appearance of ONE fuсking item? That is completely ridiculous, it's more than both the steel orders per day. I don't even know of a game that charges you in-game currency that is this difficult and slow to acquire for a single fuсking equipment transmog, a feature that has existed since WoW days and has always been a negligible or a completely nil sum, something you just click and be done with it.

But oh, I forgot - it's 2018, everyone wants to stuff their gullets with as much money as possible, so Ubisoft decide to ''coincidentally'' put the price at a point you get after 20 won Dominion matches. Why don't you just add fuсking loot boxes already? I know you're itching to do it, but are afraid of the backlash.

I'm not giving you anything, and am completely repulsed by this idiocy. Lackluster ''reworks'' and game imbalance is one thing, blatantly caring more about how to mooch people out of their money than anything else is another.

Thanks for the feature, by the way, it's something almost everyone wanted for a long time, so I guess you carefully calculated how much this is worth to us and decided that it was too good to hand out for free.

Seriously, screw you.

Capoupacap
05-18-2018, 09:21 AM
well basically 99% of the yesterday dev stream was about money raise :(

SpaceJim12
05-18-2018, 10:02 AM
Well, this really stupid. While I sure that this option is something that FH needed, now I got very uncomfortable feedback for this.

1. Why, just tell me why rarity determines the cost? Something that this system should solve, is that looks and gear rarity should be separated. So, again, WHY should I pay 200+ steel to change my teal piece look with gold tier cosmetics. It's not stupid, it's rediculous. So now we just in same place that we were. You need to looted EVERY piece you want on max gear level to comfortably use it. Thank you, Ubisoft, for nothing in here.
2. I really didn't think much of this, but when I read numbers here, I were shocked. 6-7k steel to change one hero look with event cosmetics. Really? Same as executions? While I closed as many orders as I can, I still don't understand how you could have enough steel in case if you play not only on two chars at all.
3. This system finnaly show how poor some options for armor in game. I really thought, that I'm not lucky and always looted 1-2 helmets for my Centurion. But now I see there are just 4 of them and other is stupid variations.

Hammelsneid
05-18-2018, 12:46 PM
I was shocked yesterday, too. And to top this new system my rep 38 zerker doesnt even have plenty basic stuff unlocked and since I don't get those weapons anymore,my zerker seems to be doomed to miss them forever. In reality no big deal, but as a matter of principle an absolute fail. Can't tell me, that with Rep 38 I didn't get those xD

To talk a little bit about my steel situation. Even if I dont play many matches every day I manage to get my daily orders, events and things done. Im now at 145k again, and I never cashed. I was able to buy 4 celebrity costumes back art the event and before that I bough 1 year champion status. my zerker has 1(!) mythic costume, all executions, and 2 or 3 emotes (bc you can't use more anyway. Other things for other heroes are neglectible compared to my zerker, it's 1 exe on cent, I think, and some Lucky strikes, 4 I think. I consider myself as a player, who is actively playing the game to earn as much steel as possible without playing 5 hours a day.

Back to one of my favourite topics - the limited time things - the system of this game turns more and more into "if you play much, earn much steel you still would have to cash into the game to even get a little bit more of vanity stuff". The new visual system is just another money/steel-sink, which forces collector types of the player base to cash insanley, if they want to have the "only for 1 week available" things on more than 2 heroes, even if they already earn their steel on a daily basis every day, every week, month and year. These things are not "time-savers" anymore (what they were called in assassins creed back then), they are now expected to be bought, if you support the game just by playing it on a regular basis, keeping it alive that way. But that isn't enough anymore.

How about a monthly fee, but access to everything 4 free? Sounds not right, is not right, I don't want it but would be way cheaper and much more satisfying, because you wouldn't have all that pressure during events. I simply cannot afford 19.99 EUR for being able to buy not even one 30k event package for one hero. Other games charge that for the whole season pass, but even those are extra in For Honor. Why we cannot enjoy games without that microtransaction pressure anymore? There surely are many players, who don't bother, but I do and I bet the weaker one of my nuts, that I'm not alone. All better games nowadays are designed for the wallet-warriors and I', so sick of it to not be one of those elite earners in real life to be able to fully enjoy a game, because I'm not willing to spend hundrets of Euros. (I know ppl in other games, who already spent a five figure amount of money, thats insane!) Base game for full price, every season pass for full price should be enough.. and even the microtransactions would be ok for me, IF you were able to sustain yourself by playing the game more than regularly (which isn't the case anymore and it will get worse.)

Gaming is turning atm into an real luxury ment for the top earners in society, who don't care about a few hundret bucks a month for a single game. The moment I read about the algorythm patented by Activision about your personal microtransaction behaviour having an impact on the matchmaking just to motivate you to spent money in the cash shop, was the moment I nearly lost the faith in game developement as an art. The top art nowadays in this business is, how to get all the players into spending more an more money..

As always, much more than I intended to write at the beginning, but it always gets me off.. lol. Sorry for that,
Greetings, have fun,
Hammelsneid

Frostynuggman84
05-18-2018, 01:03 PM
THIS. I agree 100 percent, seems like almost every dev stream nowadays is just an AD for their cosmetics. SMH

Alustar.
05-18-2018, 01:53 PM

Ok, wait... Where does that logic have basis? This is in game currencies and in game assets. It's coding. It's not like we the players are asking the devs to change our gear manually themselves. If that was the case, then yes that would totally justify some cost to service, but this is purely a feature that was preprogrammed into the game. Any cost is arbitrary at best.

SenBotsu893
05-18-2018, 02:21 PM
lol am i the only one who has more steel than he can spent? usually i play 2 matches after work and that is enough to complete the daly orders wich will net you 1k steel already. if you then do 2-3 matches to complete the other orders you cash in at least another 500 steel. even now i have over 100k steel sitting around and have nothing that would entice me to even spend it.

why would anyone even buy steel with real money???? that seems to be the most idiotic thing anyone could do since the game cashes out steel like it goes out of style.

SpaceJim12
05-18-2018, 02:47 PM
lol am i the only one who has more steel than he can spent? usually i play 2 matches after work and that is enough to complete the daly orders wich will net you 1k steel already. if you then do 2-3 matches to complete the other orders you cash in at least another 500 steel. even now i have over 100k steel sitting around and have nothing that would entice me to even spend it.

Well, maybe you play only one char from the roster. Maybe you don't see any reasons to buy in-game things, but this not mean everybody should act the same. Every season I personaly pick up new char to try. So that were two of them from DLCs, so I spend 15k steel for them. Than, if I lake char playstyle, I deffenetly want one mythic armor, one with plasma rays around chars (orange for knights, blue for samurais and red for vikings), so it's another 15k steel per char. And after all this, I want executions, cuase it's a huge and cool work from animators and MC actors, so I want one for each char I prefer to play. And champ status for leveling all this guys. So if you have 100k steel, I believe you buy one item per season, or you play much more, than couple matches after work.

wolfman25br
05-18-2018, 02:57 PM
This change was quite offensive, and the worst is that it was announced in a very different way, "the equipment you already have can be chosen etc."
1000, its offensive ... and a low blow in the already beaten community.

SenBotsu893
05-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Well, maybe you play only one char from the roster. Maybe you don't see any reasons to buy in-game things, but this not mean everybody should act the same. Every season I personaly pick up new char to try. So that were two of them from DLCs, so I spend 15k steel for them. Than, if I lake char playstyle, I deffenetly want one mythic armor, one with plasma rays around chars (orange for knights, blue for samurais and red for vikings), so it's another 15k steel per char. And after all this, I want executions, cuase it's a huge and cool work from animators and MC actors, so I want one for each char I prefer to play. And champ status for leveling all this guys. So if you have 100k steel, I believe you buy one item per season, or you play much more, than couple matches after work.

truth be told i have unlocked every execution and emote for the entire samurai roster and then some more executions and emotes for some random knights and highlander. plus effects and ornaments for each one of them. trust me if you just focus on the orders you will rack in cash over time. its not like you get the 100k overnight. but since i play the game since the alpha days you can imagine how much steel has accumulated over the past 6 seasons.

if you only play 2 matches a day to get the 1k for the daily order that alone makes 360k steel over the course of the year. not the most accurate math example i know but it jsut shows how much steel you are at least able to make without much effort.

SpaceJim12
05-18-2018, 03:42 PM
if you only play 2 matches a day to get the 1k for the daily order that alone makes 360k steel over the course of the year. not the most accurate math example i know but it jsut shows how much steel you are at least able to make without much effort.

Ok. But still you not be able to play every day whole six seasons. So let's say it's 360k steel from day one of the game.

For every char in the game you have one execution for 5k steel and now four executions for 7k steel. That makes us 33k steel per char ONLY for executions. According to your words, you have all execution for samurais. Ok than, 33k steel * 6 heroes and we got 198k steel only for executions. Now emotes. Well, let's make it simple 5k per emote, 4 emotes per hero. So we have 20k steel for one hero. 120k steel for six of them. 318k steel for executions and emotes for entire samurai roster. And if you have only all of them, you already can't have 100k+ steel on your account.Cause only 48 left.
Well, let's say you play EVERY day couple matches for 5 season, which give us another 90k steel. But we didn't count your more "executions and emotes for some random knights and highlander"
And don't forget about effects, and let's say you have couple mythic outfits for samurais and we deffenetly have something about 10k steel for you.
So we have two possible scenario. First, you play way more than couple matches after work. Second, you lied about 100k steel you have.

FredEx919
05-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Hey everyone,

We'll be doing a maintenance in about 20 minutes on all platforms. Check the details here

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1882273-Server-Maintenance-May-18-2018-(All-Platforms)

HazelrahFirefly
05-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone,

We'll be doing a maintenance in about 20 minutes on all platforms. Check the details here

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1882273-Server-Maintenance-May-18-2018-(All-Platforms)

Well there we go, that's a great start. I still feel the way I do, but at least it's not horrendous pricing in most cases now.

*cough*900 really?*cough*

*cough*just add more inventory space, I dont believe it's a technical issue*cough*

SpaceJim12
05-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Hey everyone,

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...All-Platforms)

Wow, that is...reaction speed. Nice to know you listen to us, guys.=)

SenBotsu893
05-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Ok. But still you not be able to play every day whole six seasons. So let's say it's 360k steel from day one of the game.

For every char in the game you have one execution for 5k steel and now four executions for 7k steel. That makes us 33k steel per char ONLY for executions. According to your words, you have all execution for samurais. Ok than, 33k steel * 6 heroes and we got 198k steel only for executions. Now emotes. Well, let's make it simple 5k per emote, 4 emotes per hero. So we have 20k steel for one hero. 120k steel for six of them. 318k steel for executions and emotes for entire samurai roster. And if you have only all of them, you already can't have 100k+ steel on your account.Cause only 48 left.
Well, let's say you play EVERY day couple matches for 5 season, which give us another 90k steel. But we didn't count your more "executions and emotes for some random knights and highlander"
And don't forget about effects, and let's say you have couple mythic outfits for samurais and we deffenetly have something about 10k steel for you.
So we have two possible scenario. First, you play way more than couple matches after work. Second, you lied about 100k steel you have.

never said i only play 2 matches a day. back when the game was new i played waaaaaaay more. but nowadays i cant get myself to play so much because other games and work.
and yes i lied about the 100k steel... it was 150k steel before the new executions came out XD

SpaceJim12
05-18-2018, 05:29 PM
never said i only play 2 matches a day. back when the game was new i played waaaaaaay more. but nowadays i cant get myself to play so much because other games and work.
and yes i lied about the 100k steel... it was 150k steel before the new executions came out XD

Well, I believe you and me at the same situation. I played a lot on launch, but now just do daily orders. And still, I didn't have 100k steel and have less items than you. So...

Vakris_One
05-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Hey everyone,

I am pleasantly surprised at the quick reaction time on this. Nicely done and thank you very much for listening to us and acting on it.

Well there we go, that's a great start. I still feel the way I do, but at least it's not horrendous pricing in most cases now.

*cough*900 really?*cough*

*cough*just add more inventory space, I dont believe it's a technical issue*cough*
900 is still very steep but that's only for applying a Common weapon's visuals to a Legendary weapon. We can always do it the old way and farm loot until we get that specific weapon skin to drop at Legendary tier and then switch looks for someyhing like 150 steel I believe?

The key change is that we can now switch to any event skin for 300 steel a pop, which is much more reasonable than that ridiculous 1k steel.

Tech-wise; adding inventory space costs memory processes because the stuff in our inventory is persistent - meaning it is always there and must always be called up by the system when a player logs into the game. Depending on how the game coding is set up this either costs our machines RAM or it costs the game server to buffer memory processes - probably both if I recal my limited knowledge correctly. In both cases the more memory processes being buffered the more strain is put on the act of running the application and thus it becomes slower and slower to load up the more memory you have to process through.

They need to keep things lean in order to keep the game running at a smooth pace and that's the real reason why they cannot endlessly add more inventory space. Even giving us so much as 5 more spaces can be a huge strain on the system because let's say this game has 2 million unique players for example, each of them gets 5 more bits or whatnot of memory allocated to them. That's 5 times 2 million. Quite a lot.

Their solution of the cosmetic vault is a rather smart and elegant one. Because the stuff in the cosmetic vault is not persistent, it is just a simple checklist of all the items registered in the game. By virtue of not being persistent it means it is not constantly there filling up physical memory. The data only comes into existence (i.e. becomes "physical" bits) once the user selects a piece to switch to. And when they switch to it they are replacing a piece of data that already existed therefore no new bits of memory are created or used at all. You're just recalling and overwriting one piece of data for another of exactly equal size. It's quite a perfect solution really from a technical standpoint. It's only when steel prices got involved that things went wonky.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone,

I honestly didn't expect this quick of a turn around. dang. thanks for listening ubi. Now if you can quickly fix the other issues in my other thread *cough* https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1882290-Season-6-bug-changes-report *cough*
<3

Kelson27
05-24-2018, 12:53 AM
truth be told i have unlocked every execution and emote for the entire samurai roster and then some more executions and emotes for some random knights and highlander. plus effects and ornaments for each one of them. trust me if you just focus on the orders you will rack in cash over time. its not like you get the 100k overnight. but since i play the game since the alpha days you can imagine how much steel has accumulated over the past 6 seasons.

This is not exactly reasonable... Considering progress is time gated essentially, not everyone can afford to play everyday. I can sometimes blow an entire Saturday playing but it's diminishing rewards under the current system. I do not get the same rewards for time spent as someone who plays every day - even if i do end up putting the same time in.

Most people can't put in time to play games every day.