PDA

View Full Version : A Message to the Fans of Skull & Bones

UbiBorghal
05-17-2018, 05:00 PM
Today we announced that Skull and Bones will release later than we initially anticipated. It’s never an easy decision to make and we wanted to give you more context behind it.

One year ago we proudly announced Skull and Bones at E3 2017. Since then, we’ve been hard at work developing Ubisoft Singapore’s vision of the pirate fantasy while looking very closely at the feedback we’ve received on our forums and social channels. That continued feedback is vital – we want to build a community that shares the same excitement we have for Skull and Bones.

Here in Singapore, this is our biggest game yet, and it is a project filled with immense passion. Many of us have been working on it for the last few years, and want to make this game right in order to achieve our ambition to deliver the ultimate pirate game set to thrill players at launch and for years to come.

Our goal remains as clear as ever: build a shared systemic open ocean that captures the essence of the pirate fantasy and is full of activities. We aspire to create a game where the act of attacking and robbing ships at sea -- and where every single decision you make -- requires you to carefully assess the risk versus reward.

We also are building a world rich in lore and stories, where you’ll come across memorable characters and have the canvas to create your own stories. Letting you set your own objectives and to take down your rivals on your own terms is key to the experience we want to create.

I’m excited and so proud of showing all of you at E3 2018 some of what the team has been hard at work on during the last twelve months. The opportunity to showcase more of our game and put it into your hands is one that both excites and humbles us. We can’t wait to hear what you think! Going forward we will continue sharing updates on our progress and taking your feedback into account. Meanwhile we encourage you to join the Keepers of the Code program or check out our Discord community (http://ubi.li/d9bfx) where our devs are actively talking to players. We are looking forward to sailing with you all.

Thank you fellow Pirate Captains,
Justin A. Farren
Creative Director – Skull and Bones

Armament_Jay
05-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Take the time you need to deliver a game that you're proud to share with pirates worldwide. I'll be looking forward to Ubisoft at E3 this year!

Cheers everyone!

~ Captain Jay
The Crow's Nest

Kuromajo
05-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Honestly the game looks amazing.

The only thing that me and a lot of people want is the ability to explore islands on foot etc the same way you were able to do in ac4. Naval combat is great and all but I feel that if thats the only gameplay available then it might get boring quickly

Veledrome
05-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Rather have a delayed launch than a bad one :) Keep up the good work guys!:D

Stainless001
05-17-2018, 05:20 PM
Hey folks, I don't think any of us loyal Pirates are going anywhere :)

We're all excited to see what you guys have to show off at E3 and can't wait to see how the rest of the voyage of development unfolds!

rubynxt
05-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Thank you for sharing the message. Looking forward to E3!

Acidreign2
05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
I would rather wait and enjoy the game later than be disappointed now. Take your time and make it great!

Jedi_Pirate
05-17-2018, 06:01 PM
Looking forward to what you are going to show at E3. Rushing to get out a product is never a good thing. Quality over quantity...

Horus.36
05-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Waiting for E3 news and excited as I never been!!
I'm happy about this announcement, better take your time and create a wonderful game than release it too soon and fail.
I'm also a bit sad, I have to admit, cause I wanted really hard to play this game, but I'm sure that you will do a great game!
Go ahead and have a good job!

Davi Felipe
05-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Just two things:
1. Please, don't make an always online game like For Honor. That is why I didn't buy that game despite loving its premise.
2. Make the world explorable by foot. I want to be a pirate, not a ship.

Captain Hamhog
05-17-2018, 11:22 PM
As a pirate captain, I appreciate that you guys are working hard to keep the ship running so to speak. I'm looking forward to the game and I hope you'll have no micro -transactions. Or at least they are cosmetic stuff, but I'm looking forward to the game. I know for a fact that you'll crush Sea of Theives.

Stealthblue85
05-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Well crap. Hopefully we get some new features that wouldn't have been ready for the previous release date.

DeeK_KayE
05-18-2018, 12:57 AM
good but can you then please tell us if we are able to walk? do we control a character in that "open ocean/world" or can we only control a ship? thanks in advance

FireOfDreams666
05-18-2018, 02:36 AM
Love this game, at least what I seen of it, I cant wait to have a fleet of ships with my friends, but Its fine, better late than never, right?

RVSage
05-18-2018, 04:10 AM
Thank you for taking even more time, looking forward to the E3 2018 presentation

Luinel42
05-19-2018, 03:03 PM
Thank you for taking your time with this (hopefully) masterpiece. From my point of view it is a good sign, when developers take their time with a project and want more time to make great things with this game. And as Stainless already said, i dont think that anyone of us is going away :)

BlackMaster_FG
05-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Aye Aye, like everyone here i prefer a delay than a bad game launch on time ! :)

VeryFluffy
05-22-2018, 03:21 PM
I personally don't mind delays (as long as they don't turn into a cancellation). I'm excited to see what will be shown of the game at E3. I'm hoping it's singleplayer / coop stuff as we haven't seen any of that yet.

TheWaveFighter
05-26-2018, 08:46 PM
sometimes a delay is good for the game development. but something would be exciting - the date for beta skull and bones.
wish luck to all subscribers

Diaz_thegreat
06-01-2018, 04:49 AM
Guys, I love that you are taking the time to polish this up. I love the aspect of a great game launch over a shoddy one. Keep up the great work! I can't wait to jump aboard my Sloop of War and explore the world you have built. See you then!

ElizabeElliot
06-09-2018, 08:02 AM
We have to give greater scrutiny toward the essentials in the matter of Livali Cream (https://www.healthdietalert.com/livali-cream/). The ingredients that Livali Cream has are all natural as well as organic in nature. So there are no chances of any harmful effects. Indeed, it is! Yet take advice before making use of this cream on your face. Hence, it is strong evidence or good indication the authenticity and effectuality of the solution and here are some perfect and proven reasons to trust: • NO INVASIVE LASERS • It contains high Quality solution which is based on active ingredients • NO PAINFUL INJECTIONS • Clinically proven • NO RISKY SURGERY Is there any Side Effects involved with it? It reduces all signs of ageing and makes you skin soft and smooth. This incredible serum tightens the structure of your skin so making it flexible and taut; it improves the elasticity of the skin. How can affiliates gobble up luxurious Livali Cream cautions? Plus, it does not contain harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients that can degrade the quality of this product.

Visit this website to readrevive>>https://www.healthdietalert.com/livali-cream/

M0PE_4EPH0E
06-16-2018, 10:09 AM
These pirates are not only intolerant, but also fans of large profits. So it is better more and better than faster and little and not very much.
Looking forward to! Good luck and all the best!

Bountyza
06-18-2018, 07:01 PM
So far GREAT.....:)
Thanks Guys

Se33any
07-07-2018, 01:45 AM
You had me hooked when you announced at E3 2017. I am a patient man. Please take all the time you need to make an experience you are all proud of. And, remember, your passion will become our passion on release day. 👍

Ubi-Lucipus
07-10-2018, 03:48 PM
I just want to say that it's amazing to see the positive responses to the delay announcement :)

As a little reminder please check out the Everything You Need to Know About Skull & Bones After E3 2018 (https://skullandbones.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?news=327054) :o

PortalGrimriper
07-23-2018, 10:27 AM
I would like to see ghost ships or legendary hunted ship to battle on the stormy sea. I would like to see tsunami wave and big world pool on a stormy day like Black flag. The ability to dive the ocean floor for treasures in ship recks along with fishing. It will be cool if this game take some sea and adventure ideas from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean but, I can't wait to get this game to, so excited.

Squi_Doo
08-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Honestly the game looks amazing.

The only thing that me and a lot of people want is the ability to explore islands on foot etc the same way you were able to do in ac4. Naval combat is great and all but I feel that if thats the only gameplay available then it might get boring quickly

I understand that you want a Black Flag 2, but it will not be the case, and may be so good, anyway the game is not present as such so I do not see why we will be missing the absence live on the ground when we were not told

RaiderThePirate
12-06-2018, 03:59 PM
To whom it may concern at Ubisoft in charge of SKULL & BONES ...

I have some implemented ideas that would make the game even more fun, challenging, addictive & unique which includes a reward system that is involved with designing are own flags!
Making the flags with 3 flat objects or symbols that allows also a controlled designing platform that keeps out the profanities of uploads.
in the reward system color swatches for colors of symbols, background flag colors, symbol patches, & spaces (maximum of 3 spaces minimum of 1 that can be acquired) to incorporate a final flag of recognition of a player to fear. (a flag combination of 3 objects of all different colors)
The rewards could be earned in various treasure chests randomly, from captured ships & ship wrecks. Perhaps hidden treasures that change in different areas on the map to sail over .... Perhaps treasure quests found in chests? Perhaps there could be an auction system too, using earned in game gold? (in case a player has the same color of symbol more then once. Players could also sell their card of color or symbol back to the game for a basic amount but could get more at auction where a style of ship could be sold as well? Minus the game's (Crown's) commission of 25 %!!!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cd/ec/a7/cdeca732c52c47dbd465e9288ce078e2.jpg

I wonder if there is also an online store that might allow premium content (another idea) ... Perhaps the opportunity to buy gold & silver bars, coins or gems to afford certain custom premium items Ships, symbols, rare colors like purple etc ... as well.

Another option that should be allowed in the game is the opportunity to choose & play good or evil roles in the game to make favors with other countries as privateers & pirate hunters!
Pirate hunters could earn distinguishing medals of the country(s) they represent. They should be able to collect rewards on a combination of The medals with better karma & notoriety on the capture of pirates. However Privateers often become pirates & then lose favor of a country that could cause a bad reputation over an amount of time ... & a loss of medals that need to be required over a gain to earn a good status.
Not everyone want to be the bad guy ... Historically Privateers were feared by pirates while some privateers bit off more then they could chew with the brotherhood of pirates.
The better a privateer does in the aid of a country the better the ship they can earn & modify to capture pirates. However 15% goes to the crown although they can earn guaranteed wages & free port privileges of the country(s) they work for. Where as pirates have only one safe haven their own secret port.

Auctions can only be done at country's ports but pirates must have a copy of the flag to enter the country's port.
Pirates can also have their own but limited basic black market auction.

Just ideas but good ones I think ...
I suspect there will be in game ship service & repair as well ...

sirjohn3645
02-05-2019, 05:06 AM
Looks like there has been no response from anyone from Ubisoft since 11/18 it is now 2/19 will you ever update us all on when beta is going to happen? when do you plan on releasing the game? Anything will be helpful you need to keep communications going with your players not just ignore us.