PDA

View Full Version : New Update - X Games Norway Season!

CaptainWeelie
05-15-2018, 03:47 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_Norway_KeyArt.png

X GAMES NORWAY SEASON!

Ride into the Bunker, y’all! The ‘X Games Norway Season’ is here!

Fanboy brings you an all-new Season with ‘X Games Norway’ – the biggest action sports event in Norway!

Get ready to flip your way through the frostiest Season so far, with Stunts in all Showdowns!

EDIT: Over the past few days we’ve received your feedback regarding the new ‘X Games Norway Season’. We’ve taken all of it into consideration and we are making a few changes to the ongoing Season to give you an improved event experience. These changes will take place with immediate effect starting 6:30AM UTC/GMT tomorrow (19 May 2018), so please plan your Showdowns accordingly.

In all cases, you need more Fan Points on a Track than your opponent to own that Track in a Showdown. This remains unchanged. Fan Points are based 3 scores per Track - Stunts performed, Time Bonus and Fault Bonus.

Here are the changes –

- We’ve removed scores for any Stunt performed more than once in the same spot on a Track. This means that players won’t be able to exploit any one spot on a Track by repeatedly doing Backflips (or any other Stunt) over there.

- We’ll be reducing the number of Fan Points earned for each Stunt performed on a Track. The new values will be –
o Inverted Airtime (Per Second) - 3 Fan Points
o Wheelie (Per Meter) - 2 Fan Points
o Backflip (Completed) - 4 Fan Points
o Frontflip (Completed) - 5 Fan Points
You could check these values in-game by tapping the “?” icon on the Season Banner.

- Fault Bonus - 40 Fan Points will be deducted for the first two Faults each, instead of 10 Fan Points deducted for the first ten Faults.

- Time Bonus - The amount of time taken (in seconds) will be deducted from the Time Bonus of 180 Fan Points. There will be no change in this value

Fan Points!

This Season, defeat your opponents by earning a high number of Fan Points, and getting a better time!
To win, you must perform Stunts in all your Showdowns.
Your final score in a Showdown will be a combination of your Fan Points, and your best time(s) on Tracks!

Season Details!

- 5-hour Showdown duration
- 3 free Showdowns
- 3 free Golden Tickets
- 5 tickets for an extra showdown
- 45 minutes - free ticket regeneration time

Get in the Bunker tomorrow (16th May 2018 at 9:00 GMT) for some ice-cold rewards –

- Rank 1 - A brand new ‘X Games Norway’ Track ‘Dark Ice Valley’
- Rank 5 - A brand new ‘X Games Norway’ Track ‘Snowman Peaks’
- Rank 10 - The all-new ‘Icy X’ Paintjob for the Mantis
- The Neon Freeze, Neon Blaze, Wurst Racer and Red Bull outfits
- Bike Blueprints for Donkey, Agent, Stallion, BMW F800GS, KTM 450, KTM 500 and Bandito!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_Paintjob.png

What Else is New?!

- You can get two new tracks in the Chip Shop – ‘Adagio Flow’, and ‘Wacky Rifts’!
- The Sno-rider outfit with the ‘X Games Norway’ logo!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_outfit.png

Get Stuntin’, make new records, and Level up your Leaderboard Ranks!

For any questions or suggestions, do let us know as a response to this thread.

3, 2, 1, Go!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
05-15-2018, 04:31 PM
holy ............. !

finally some skill+stunts event!

and SWEET prizes too!

thanks guys!

ps: hope it's well balanced, and it doesn't turn the bunker into an acrobatic circus xD

Sardius77-TFG
05-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Based on the rewards and format it sounds like they're listening to us!

Combining bunker with an event is new territory for me, this could be very good. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into boring repetitive mess!

aghate22
05-15-2018, 05:44 PM
The rewards look tempting...

Not sure about the score calculation for winning. It says "Your final score in a Showdown will be a combination of your Fan Points, and your best time(s) on Tracks!"
So if I get a Platinum Medal and have scored 40 points based on my gymnastic riding skills but my opponent has 60 points but a Gold Medal, who will be winning the showdown?

People will look forward to having the Donkey bike in the showdown as its flips like crazy.

CagBall
05-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Looks good guys and gals. Well done for coming up with a new take on the bunker. Can't wait!

CagBall
05-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Also, it would be good the know how the time penalty works - it would be better if this was done by seconds rather than just medals.

link42586
05-15-2018, 06:42 PM
As if the bunker wasn't easy enough. People don't try hard enough for this to even be A challenge.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
05-16-2018, 10:27 AM
PARTS OF - The Neon Freeze, Neon Blaze, Wurst Racer and Red Bull outfits

LightningRurik
05-16-2018, 01:29 PM
I'm still struggling to understand the mechanics, especially after getting a notice that I "won" a race, spun the wheel, then it showed that I had lost it.

If faults were part of it, you'd think they'd still have the fault counter to the left. So, I'm assuming faults are no longer relevant?

In the game it has the "Fan" count, in which you can pass the shown score, and get a faster time, but still lose ...

clarx1
05-16-2018, 01:36 PM
I'm still struggling to understand the mechanics, especially after getting a notice that I "won" a race, spun the wheel, then it showed that I had lost it.

If faults were part of it, you'd think they'd still have the fault counter to the left. So, I'm assuming faults are no longer relevant?

You get a time bonus and fault bonus on top of the trick points. Highest points wins. So faults are still relevant. No idea what the actually mechanics are though.

clarx1
05-16-2018, 01:51 PM
PARTS OF - The Neon Freeze, Neon Blaze, Wurst Racer and Red Bull outfits

Yeah this annoyed me. Guess we'll get the rest in later seasons. Misleading though.

aghate22
05-16-2018, 01:59 PM
the faults and time is not relevant as much as I would have liked. My opponent had more faults and consequently more time on the track than me but he was still winning as he had more points.

I guess I have worked out a scoring system.
Silver Medal with 0 Faults = 150 + 99 points respective to medal and faults.
Silver Medal with 1 Faults = 150 + 89 points.

This will be more for Gold and Platinum Medal of course, but I need to find it out.

But you can fool around the track for long and beat you opponents score. So timing and faults are relevant but not significant. You can sit on the track flipping around and beat the score.

YARDFACE
05-16-2018, 02:08 PM
You can also beat your opponents time, have fewer faults, do more flips and still lose. This is because you receive insane amount of points for doing a "wheelie" where you are inverted and just dragging the bike along. The judges go crazy for this. :P

I think they need to make some tweaks to scoring. Maybe remove wheelies from the equation entirely.

woody7483
05-16-2018, 02:36 PM
This is really dumb so far. You have no idea if you are winning or losing until the race ends and scores add up.

But of course there are 2 maps so no choice but to play.

Mark0_01
05-16-2018, 03:17 PM
I can't understand this update... I'm faster than the opponent, zero errors and I failed... you can win only if you stay 15 minutes stuck in the same part of the track doing loops?? :confused:

CheekiBreekiTFG
05-16-2018, 03:27 PM
You can beat anyone in the bunker by hanging around and doing infinitely many backflips and frontflips. This is not fun, not challenging. I won't spend 30 min in 1 showdown, even for winning it. It looks like I'm going to give up. Showdowns in this form are annoying, they last too long and the are really boring. Please modify this season, replace it with something else or delete it completely. Btw sorry for my grammar

kamilus26
05-16-2018, 04:05 PM
I agree, this season should be stopped as soon as possible and modified. In current form it looks totally broken.

Theandrin-TFG
05-16-2018, 04:15 PM
This is definitely broken and not fun! Modify it or do something. On paper, it looks good but in reality, it's complete garbage.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
05-16-2018, 04:28 PM
i was happy when i read the announcement, but from i've been reading i guess that despite the concept being possibly cool the execution was poor once again

given the style/theme of the game it would always have to be more about the time ANDDDDDDDDDDD if while at it you could add a couple of flips you'd get some bonus

it can never be about doing flips ad eternum ANDDDDDDDDDD eventually finishing before the 10 minutes time limit

kamilus26
05-16-2018, 04:50 PM
It clearly hasn't been tested at all, because even typical tester would have found those ways to broke the score. However there's a simple solution how to fix it - just multiply points getting from time by i.e. 10, so time would be priority, not the points itself.

fastback232015
05-16-2018, 05:03 PM
I've got a game where we tied for faults, I beat their time by nearly 20 seconds, but he is ahead by 30 points.
I've got another game where I have 3 less faults, beat their time by 12 seconds, and am only ahead 30 points.

Oh btw, could you at least show the time and fault bonus as you race? Have them tick down as you lose time/wipe out.

fastback232015
05-16-2018, 05:05 PM
I've got a game where we tied for faults, I beat their time by nearly 20 seconds, but he is ahead by 30 points.
I've got another game where I have 3 less faults, beat their time by 12 seconds, and am only ahead 30 points.

The scoring system makes no sense. Why not show the time and fault bonus as you race? Have them tick down as you lose time/wipe out. At least then we can get an idea of the scoring.

YARDFACE
05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Proposed scoring change:

1. player with best medal wins regardless of flips (no more bronze medal wins)
2. if both players have the same medal, player with most flips wins
3. if both players have same medal and same number flips, player with best time wins

Eliminate wheelies/slides from equation entirely. Eliminate calculated score entirely. Only show medal needed and number of flips in the corner so players know what they must do to win.

YARDFACE
05-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Forgot one thing...

0. player with fewest faults wins regardless of everything else

JayNast
05-16-2018, 05:56 PM
This season is not gonna be fun. At all.

With current point system it makes more sense to inch your way through the track totally ignoring the medal times or faults. The player who has the time and will to spend 10 minutes per track wins the showdown.
The "rules" for diminishing returns just plain don't work. If you have a hill long enough you can get backflips and frontflips multiple times (if you detach from the wall at different hights). Change it so that you can get x amount of each between each checkpoint, not y amount per arbitrary length of track.

The amount of fan points you can get from stunts overwhelm the amount you get from a clean run. A proper run should count more, the tricks can be an edge case decider.
I recon the points from medals and faultless runs should be tenfold.

Alternatively if you really want the players to do wheelies wherever they can, add a tighter time limit. Something like a 1 or 2 minute time limit would force the players to move. With a tighter time limit you should remove some of the harder tracks from the rotation.

-J

Stefan2499
05-17-2018, 08:16 AM
The system is totally unbalanced at the moment and neot fun.
Simply check this picture out, so you can understand what i mean. I have clearly the better time. I even tried to do as many flips as possible, i too inched myself through there, yet he still got more points cauz he spent like 7 mins doing flips on a steep slope.
https://imgur.com/gallery/IrRgo3G
https://imgur.com/gallery/IrRgo3G

aghate22
05-17-2018, 11:45 AM
I would suggest that we should wait and see how this tournament pans out. Not all tracks are designed to stay in pone place and keep flipping or do endless wheelies. I got Fort Ruins today with the Phantom bike. It is not easy to flip the bike in first place but on this track you cannot stop at one place and try flips or wheelies.

IMO selection of Track vs Bike combination is key here. If you get the Donkey bike you might as well scrape the bikes butt till the finish line, that is what I did as a trial and it worked. Maybe we should think of more ways to win than speed running which has been the case so far or just skip this season.

CagBall
05-17-2018, 11:53 AM
I thought I might like this event and it was a good idea to try something different, but alas, this has not worked out well. Time and skill still needs to be the primary role in deciding showdowns. Time penalties should be heavy to discourage spending 10 minutes on a track flipping around - which gets very boring and means you have to dedicate far too much time to showdowns.

The bunker should always be about skill.

CagBall
05-17-2018, 11:56 AM
Proposed scoring change:

1. player with best medal wins regardless of flips (no more bronze medal wins)
2. if both players have the same medal, player with most flips wins
3. if both players have same medal and same number flips, player with best time wins

Eliminate wheelies/slides from equation entirely. Eliminate calculated score entirely. Only show medal needed and number of flips in the corner so players know what they must do to win.

Time should come before flips, as this would stop people stopping on tracks to do flips in the same place.

Event needs to be balanced a bit more.

Stefan2499
05-17-2018, 11:58 AM
I would suggest that we should wait and see how this tournament pans out. Not all tracks are designed to stay in pone place and keep flipping or do endless wheelies. I got Fort Ruins today with the Phantom bike. It is not easy to flip the bike in first place but on this track you cannot stop at one place and try flips or wheelies.

IMO selection of Track vs Bike combination is key here. If you get the Donkey bike you might as well scrape the bikes butt till the finish line, that is what I did as a trial and it worked. Maybe we should think of more ways to win than speed running which has been the case so far or just skip this season.
I agree, they need to work out a good selection of bikes and tracks. I had hilltop ghetto on one, really enjoyed that one, because it was donkey and my opponent was unable to beat that map. I think tricky maps where you cant stay in one area and do multiple flips are a good idea. Also instead of BONUS for time, how about add a PENALTY for bad times. Make it work with a multiplier. Platinum 3x the points. Gold 2x Silver 1x and Bronze 0.5x. ALSO: After around 3 minutes make a 0.25x, 6min 0.125x and so on.
This way your 200points in..
Platinum become 600points
Gold, 400 points
Silver 200 points
Bronze 100 points

negodyaeff
05-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Make it work with a multiplier. Platinum 3x the points. Gold 2x Silver 1x and Bronze 0.5x. ALSO: After around 3 minutes make a 0.25x, 6min 0.125x and so on.
Cool idea I think :)
But not discrete values like medals, let multiplier changes every millisecond. AND current points, multiplier and result should be always on screen, not only final score as now.

YARDFACE
05-17-2018, 02:38 PM
This scoring would greatly reduce players stopping in the same place because they would need to get the best medal to win. On most tracks, it means player will need platinum to win. They will have to be strategic about how to fit in as many flips while still posting a strong time.

It is very simple and solves many problems with current system.

LightningRurik
05-17-2018, 02:39 PM
The good news is that I won't lose as many tickets this season.

In all seasons it was easy (and designed) to quickly run through tickets on a single race, sometimes spending 20 in a few mins on a difficult track.

Now that runs are 4-5 minutes each, there's no more "ticket splurging in the last five minutes" -- I don't think the devs realized that people could (and would) spend 4-5 minutes on a run.

YARDFACE
05-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Was trying to reply to @CagBall

Time should come before flips, as this would stop people stopping on tracks to do flips in the same place.

clarx1
05-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Oh God. A month of this nonsense. Need the tracks and chips for other new tracks so gotta keep playing but don't feel good when I win. Skill should be key and with the current system it still requires some skill but it's more a matter of will. Will be glad when I'm in the legends so I can just do one track most of the time.

RupanSansei77
05-17-2018, 05:17 PM
How to take the fun away of the only place that kept the game alive all this years.. Well done!

NOBBYHOBSON
05-17-2018, 07:03 PM
How to take the fun away of the only place that kept the game alive all this years.. Well done!

My thoughts exactly.

Now it's a battle of who is willing to spend the most time on the track, I'm against someone who is determined to win and has spent 5 minutes on each of the three races. In fact it's turned into who can get the most bored at playing.

GreyishOrange
05-18-2018, 08:30 PM
I’m glad they’ve listened to feedback and updated so quickly. However, because finishing the tracks takes longer, the prizes are usually based on the bronze level, therefore winning provides you with very few coins - is there any way to fix that too?

Nasferatu-TFG
05-18-2018, 09:21 PM
I am really happy to see that you guys are attempting to improve this. I have to say though, I feel you have missed the point. Reducing what things are worth, does not change anything but the total value at the end of the run. Also, flipping in one spot, already dropped value significantly per flip, so that doesn't change much either. What needs to be done is a penalty on time, or raise the time bonus way up so that the longer the run, the less they can possibly get. Almost every complaint I have seen, is about people spending several minutes racking up points, and it is no longer a race, but who has the most free time. Make the ridiculous long runs hurt, and it would be a simple change. That will help the fastest, smoothest run with the tricks mixed in to it as the winner.

CaptainStealie
05-18-2018, 11:52 PM
😊👍🏼

Beavers4everTFG
05-19-2018, 09:00 AM
It’s still broken! You are still double counting reverse wheelies. Players are rolling wheelies backwards down an incline and receiving points for it more than once. Please fix that.

negodyaeff
05-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Much better now, but i think wheelies shouldn't count at all, because without changes in game code assslides still counts as wheelies. And it's not a real trick but awkward cheaty way to gain fanpoints. With asssliddes fanpoints gained too fast, instead of flip you can just assslide couple of meters and it's not cool. As we can see you can change cost of wheelies on server-side, so please do it. At least make them less valuable.

aghate22
05-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Got the better of my opponents score and with Better time and Faults still lost.

Even more hilarious is getting Phantom bike on 'Metal Mayhem'.

MicaRyanSulc
05-19-2018, 04:16 PM
This makes no sense at all. In normal pvp seasons i get rank 1 very easily, i almost dont even have to try. But this... I cant even break rank 14, im beating my opponent by 6 seconds 0 faults and doing way more flips and wheelies but still losing. At least 90% of your score should be based on time. What am i doing wrong? Please fix

hdrider2016
05-20-2018, 01:25 AM
When reracing a shadow in the bunker and winning it is not counted.... plz fix the issue

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_Norway_KeyArt.png

X GAMES NORWAY SEASON!

Ride into the Bunker, y’all! The ‘X Games Norway Season’ is here!

Fanboy brings you an all-new Season with ‘X Games Norway’ – the biggest action sports event in Norway!

Get ready to flip your way through the frostiest Season so far, with Stunts in all Showdowns!

EDIT: Over the past few days we’ve received your feedback regarding the new ‘X Games Norway Season’. We’ve taken all of it into consideration and we are making a few changes to the ongoing Season to give you an improved event experience. These changes will take place with immediate effect starting 6:30AM UTC/GMT tomorrow (19 May 2018), so please plan your Showdowns accordingly.

In all cases, you need more Fan Points on a Track than your opponent to own that Track in a Showdown. This remains unchanged. Fan Points are based 3 scores per Track - Stunts performed, Time Bonus and Fault Bonus.

Here are the changes –

- We’ve removed scores for any Stunt performed more than once in the same spot on a Track. This means that players won’t be able to exploit any one spot on a Track by repeatedly doing Backflips (or any other Stunt) over there.

- We’ll be reducing the number of Fan Points earned for each Stunt performed on a Track. The new values will be –
o Inverted Airtime (Per Second) - 3 Fan Points
o Wheelie (Per Meter) - 2 Fan Points
o Backflip (Completed) - 4 Fan Points
o Frontflip (Completed) - 5 Fan Points
You could check these values in-game by tapping the “?” icon on the Season Banner.

- Fault Bonus - 40 Fan Points will be deducted for the first two Faults each, instead of 10 Fan Points deducted for the first ten Faults.

- Time Bonus - The amount of time taken (in seconds) will be deducted from the Time Bonus of 180 Fan Points. There will be no change in this value

Fan Points!

This Season, defeat your opponents by earning a high number of Fan Points, and getting a better time!
To win, you must perform Stunts in all your Showdowns.
Your final score in a Showdown will be a combination of your Fan Points, and your best time(s) on Tracks!

Season Details!

- 5-hour Showdown duration
- 3 free Showdowns
- 3 free Golden Tickets
- 5 tickets for an extra showdown
- 45 minutes - free ticket regeneration time

Get in the Bunker tomorrow (16th May 2018 at 9:00 GMT) for some ice-cold rewards –

- Rank 1 - A brand new ‘X Games Norway’ Track ‘Dark Ice Valley’
- Rank 5 - A brand new ‘X Games Norway’ Track ‘Snowman Peaks’
- Rank 10 - The all-new ‘Icy X’ Paintjob for the Mantis
- The Neon Freeze, Neon Blaze, Wurst Racer and Red Bull outfits
- Bike Blueprints for Donkey, Agent, Stallion, BMW F800GS, KTM 450, KTM 500 and Bandito!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_Paintjob.png

What Else is New?!

- You can get two new tracks in the Chip Shop – ‘Adagio Flow’, and ‘Wacky Rifts’!
- The Sno-rider outfit with the ‘X Games Norway’ logo!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/X_Games_outfit.png

Get Stuntin’, make new records, and Level up your Leaderboard Ranks!

For any questions or suggestions, do let us know as a response to this thread.

3, 2, 1, Go!

YARDFACE
05-20-2018, 05:04 AM
Agree with negodyaeff. Eliminate wheelie from equation completely. If you must keep, reduce to 0.75 fan points per meter.

Stefan2499
05-20-2018, 09:02 AM
You know whats crazy?
I beat my own score, by like 50 points, but it doesnt update.
Old score stays. And then its very easy for my opponent to beat these bad runs

Berkin2018
05-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Like others I was excited about this concept, but disappointed with the terrible execution. Even with the update I’ll come in 10+ seconds ahead (doing flips on every jump), and have no faults (while the other does at least once) yet still be defeated. Time should always be the deciding factor (some people here have made great detailed suggestions).
I personally imagined it to be like the missions against one of Butch’s minions where you have to do the required tricks AND cross the finish line ahead of your opponent. But keeping with the spirit of this concept I think it should either be a multiplier method or a significantly increased (or deducted) bonus point per 50 millisecond. That way coming in just a little bit behind significantly reduces your fanpoints.
The fanpoint countdown/up should be live during the race, we currently have no way of knowing if we’re ahead or not until we cross the finish line. I’d say during the race it should only show the trick points, and the fault count seperately. Not the grand total. That way you know if you have less faults, are ahead of your opponent, and have at least matched the points shown during the race, you will win the race.
There are also two major bugs - sometimes it doesn’t even count your progress, whether you win or lose, when you go back to the bunker from the race your results are not shown (irritating if you win). Second bug is that if you do win sometimes you don’t get the wheel spin option so can’t add to the rewards.
And finally, remove the wheelie points, scraping across your back is not a wheelie but the game still counts it, while it does a terrible job counting the proper wheelies...

I hope if the devs decide to do this concept again they will implement it better than this, otherwise I’d rather go back to the original format.

Beavers4everTFG
05-20-2018, 11:22 AM
I have won the last 8 matches yet my rank is still 9. This is a piss poor season. Never do it again.

thanospgr
05-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Points system sucks!
A lot of bugs as well!

YARDFACE
05-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Agree. Never mess with bunker again. Save the gimmicks for an event.

thanospgr
05-20-2018, 04:43 PM
I should be at least at level 9 and I’m at 13.
Is there any reason to continue playing this season?

LightningRurik
05-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Won a race, the Victory result appears ... then half a second later the screen immediately goes back to the bunker screen and shows as a loss.

RL, please. I actually like this event now. Once you removed the ability to spam, it became a pretty fun and unique event. Now, it's just held back by countless bugs.

ambsan47
05-21-2018, 01:04 AM
Rank system is definitely not working. I keep losing streak bonus after wining or suddenly going back an entire rank.

fastback232015
05-21-2018, 06:53 AM
I think the devs broke something when they rushed out the scoring changes. I'd say I am up to 10 games where I won a track my opponent had, and nothing happened. Came out of the victory screen where it adds your total score, and nothing. The track stays in their control like the run never happened. So I'd like some bunker tickets please.

aghate22
05-21-2018, 07:11 AM
I think the devs broke something when they rushed out the scoring changes. I'd say I am up to 10 games where I won a track my opponent had, and nothing happened. Came out of the victory screen where it adds your total score, and nothing. The track stays in their control like the run never happened. So I'd like some bunker tickets please.

That is exactly what has happened. Have wasted 40 tickets just to get the win back. Used to win and the track is still owned by the opponent.

Yrorcyn
05-21-2018, 03:40 PM
That is exactly what has happened. Have wasted 40 tickets just to get the win back. Used to win and the track is still owned by the opponent.

same here!

kwizee64
05-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Same here, got win streak bonus, moved up to rank 17 with 2 stars. Won next showdown and am back to rank 18 with 2 stars. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG

NOBBYHOBSON
05-21-2018, 07:34 PM
These are some of the various bugs that crop up at the moment (This is a ramble):

When you're clearly winning runs by completing all three of the criteria never mind just the Fan points. We could win on Time, Faults and Fan points in the same run and somehow it doesn't register and also no spin on the wheel. Or you could have the opposite where you lose on Time,Faults and Fan points but do get to spin the wheel and not hold the track. And there are also a myriad of different bugs that could and do occur in different combinations of winning on just Fan points or Fan and Faults or Fan and Time. All while either giving or not giving a spin of the wheel on what should be a winning run.

Now onto another pressing issue that is still apparent in the game, even though you tried to address it by adding bigger penalties, is the fact that these penalties aren't adequate enough and the problem still persists even with the adjusted Fan score. Look at what this marvelous chap is intent on doing during a currently running PVP battle (allowed for by Redlynx might I add):

In Faults - 23,25 & 25.
In Time - all three over 9 minutes & under 10 minutes.
In Fan points - all three between 500 & 550.

490 Fan points lost due to a Time penalty and Faults penalty with 25 faults in 9 to 9½ minutes is way too low.
It's got absolutely nothing to do with skill and is clearly still a war on boredom.

The system is totally flawed, yet another reason to give the prizes out for every participant and return things back to how they should be in PvP. Leave The Bunker alone with events and always use the World Map.

Stefan2499
05-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Yeah this season is a mess, cauzed a lot of struggle. We all wasted tickets and never got the win for the map or loot cauz of bugs. Please give everyone a compensation for what happened, like 50 tickets server wide. Seems fair for everyone.

Im sorry, but yall messed up, serious testing on the event should have been done beforehand, before the update was released!

Rereraser
05-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Still not working in spite of any of your changes. Currently losing a match I'm winning. As usual. No way for me to actually turn it around and win, have to wait until the match is over and it detracts my star.

wcupmartin6
05-22-2018, 03:39 AM
This was a great idea, with terrible execution. I’ve burned up so many tickets to win only to not get the win. This season is a total mess. I agree there should be some tickets returned.

Stefan2499
05-22-2018, 08:42 AM
Wtf, now im actually am pissed
You have done it, and i will not back away from cursing. Yes im pissed
Not ONLY does that bug exist, where randomly your not getting your progress counted (you beat opponents score, but doesnt count the win)
Now it ALSO just randomly, dropped me down an RANK. WTF DID U IDIOTS THINK, WHEN U IMPLEMENTED THISN********.
Idgaf if i hirt your feelings, ur a milliondollar company, THIS SOULDNT HAPPEN.
I might as well demand a refund for all the tickets i spend, but do you know what, it would be a fking waste of my time.
Why you ask?
Cauz ur community service has bs mods too, they are JUST as bad! They will tell you, the refund needs prove and that bs, they really would ask for that. Now how would i give prove of bigs that occured already, im no wiizard, i dont videotape everything. Yeah when you then tell them, its only a small problem, dont make it a big one, they got pissed for me saying that, cauz they knew it was a small problem, they just didnt WANT to refund me. All i asked for then was a refund for ONE day of the riders club, where the app bugged and didnt give me rewards. If id demand all these TICKETS now, that where wasted, i bet theyd be even worse.
Yeah and im definitely not gonna repurchase my riders club, for as incompetent you are. Fix your mess first, you better hurry, and if you dont attempt to give us a compensation...
Then i bet the comunity will be ...very pissed!
Someone HAS to say it

Fredskye
05-24-2018, 12:37 PM
HELLO!!!!!????

UBI/Redlynx peeps ARE YOU THERE???

I could reiterate the problems others have already notified because I have experienced the same, but no I prefer to call out your guilty silence.

We are overdue an official response of some kind.

Gather your tiny nuts and muster a belated reply.

Stefan2499
05-24-2018, 05:02 PM
HELLO!!!!!????

UBI/Redlynx peeps ARE YOU THERE???

I could reiterate the problems others have already notified because I have experienced the same, but no I prefer to call out your guilty silence.

We are overdue an official response of some kind.

Gather your tiny nuts and muster a belated reply.

And refund our tickets. Again i spent a ticket, tried to improve my score, but it never updates the improved score. REALLY, its just annoying

Bobbyboil
05-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Winning races, not getting credited the win, if I do I don't get to spin the wheel.

In a showdown where I'm winning all three races my chips are being reset and the losing opponents chips are increasing even though he isn't winning any races.

I got to number ten rank but losing showdowns I'm winning and chip count not going up I've lost over 5000 chips. Plus spending chips on new tickets to win races which then it says I've lost its getting ridiculous to how many chips I've lost

Also I'm now back to team thirteen, I went down to thirteen and two stars, started three more showdowns and with no time elapsing I was down to thirteen and zero stars.

Are we going to get any sort of compensation?

Also stupidly I've now spent two money buying tickets to try to win only to lose races I've won!

Bobbyboil
05-24-2018, 09:12 PM
That's it no more but till this bollox finises!

I was thirteen with 3 stars after winning another 2 showdowns the bunker refreshes now I'm fourteen with one star! Losing 5 stars without even don't any more showdowns!

Bollox, please fix and reinstate my rank,

NOBBYHOBSON
05-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Where's the reply to this thread? An explanation is needed in this thread! This is the event thread and this is where people would come for an answer as to what is going on. There are plenty of justifiably disgruntled people that would be here to find out what kind of compensation would be given for the wasted Golden Tickets due to tracks not being accredited or even full matches also not being accredited the win.

Provided a set of races are correctly awarded there is still this inherent problem plaguing the Frontier.

Now onto another pressing issue that is still apparent in the game, even though you tried to address it by adding bigger penalties, is the fact that these penalties aren't adequate enough and the problem still persists even with the adjusted Fan score. Look at what this marvelous chap is intent on doing during a currently running PVP battle (allowed for by Redlynx might I add):

In Faults - 23,25 & 25.
In Time - all three over 9 minutes & under 10 minutes.
In Fan points - all three between 500 & 550.

490 Fan points lost due to a Time penalty and Faults penalty with 25 faults in 9 to 9½ minutes is way too low.
It's got absolutely nothing to do with skill and is clearly still a war on boredom.

It was clear from the start of the event that whoever was willing to waste the most time would win the races. How is this fair?

•The Faults penalty should be 50 fan points lost per Fault, not 40/40/10/10/10....etc.
•The Time penalty is way too low at only a maximum of 180 Fan points when 10 minutes could accrue over 1000 Fan points.

These two points alone show a fatal flaw in the competition and the tweak in Fan points gained from Tricks does nothing to affect these unchanged penalties.

It is still a war on boredom.

DylanDeMorte
05-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Im sorry, but yall messed up, serious testing on the event should have been done beforehand, before the update was released!

+1000

gowlover700
05-26-2018, 03:14 AM
Anybody else beat your opponent with speed, faults, and fan points but it never lets you spin for reward or start earning chips? Also the track stays red and shows your previous best run on the track like you never raced??

clarx1
05-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Nobbyhobson. Cant agree more. Could be bothered to reply to the official thread. You have fixed NOTHING. (see below)

https://image.ibb.co/idKT88/Screenshot_2018_05_25_01_34_13.png

Stefan2499
05-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Hello stef2499, Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support, my name is (...) and I will be helping you with your issue today. Let me first apologize for the delay. I am sorry you experienced problems in the bunker on Trials Frontier. Our development team is indeed aware of the situation and fixing it. At the moment we do not have any plan of compensation but if compensation is granted it will be for everyone via an in game update. Therefore I invite you to keep your game updated. I apologize for the inconvenience and remain at your disposal if you have any questions. Have a great day.

From customer support
They are trying to fix the bugs they say
They also say "we do not have any plan of compensation"

poppinfresh99
06-01-2018, 03:36 AM
I was getting quite upset because I often couldn't seem to beat my opponent (or my old score) even when I would earn more points and the game would say "victory". But it seems to me that the game is actually recording the victory when determining if the entire showdown was a victory or defeat, you just aren't getting the chips for it, and your opponent may not be seeing that they are in jeopardy of losing the entire showdown!

So.. I'm not so upset anymore. I'm certainly not as upset as some people on this forum. Anger management anyone???

Also, props to those of you who can still gain an advantage by spending several minutes on a track. Do you mind sharing with us what the rules for "trick already completed" are? If I do a back flip at a location then do another one, I get no points for the second one, but I have luck if I do a back flip (4 points) then another double back flip to get 8 more points at the same location. However, doing a back flip then doing a wheely at the same location gives no points for the wheely unless the wheely is being done before my front tire ever touches the ground (points for the flip are given after both tires have touched the ground). Is the flip location where you start or where you land?

Also, props to those of you who are good at the butt slide. Why are people complaining? There are just broadcasting to the world that they suck at the butt slide while being a whiny b**ch. I'm not good at the butt slide, but I'd like to get better.

aghate22
06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Also, props to those of you who can still gain an advantage by spending several minutes on a track. Do you mind sharing with us what the rules for "trick already completed" are? If I do a back flip at a location then do another one, I get no points for the second one, but I have luck if I do a back flip (4 points) then another double back flip to get 8 more points at the same location. However, doing a back flip then doing a wheely at the same location gives no points for the wheely unless the wheely is being done before my front tire ever touches the ground (points for the flip are given after both tires have touched the ground). Is the flip location where you start or where you land?

Also, props to those of you who are good at the butt slide. Why are people complaining? There are just broadcasting to the world that they suck at the butt slide while being a whiny b**ch. I'm not good at the butt slide, but I'd like to get better.

Exactly what I wanted to say. If you do a back flip say on a uphill ramp it will count it, but if you do it again on the same spot it won't count, doesn't count any other trick done on the same place. If you do a back flip on the ramp and land on the bottom of the ramp and do a front flip again to land on the top, it may count (I have seen the system fail at this, hence I said it may count). I do not spend much time on the track like few guys do. Just a normal run to the Silver or Gold Medal to get those extra bonus points. Avoid any Faults, since a single fault sets you back by 40 points.

Tracks like 'Steeple Run' where the margin of error is very less just avoid faulting. I did a single flip on that track but kept a zero fault run and won it. Pretty easy to win of you do that, unless you get an opponent with Legendary skills. :D

Those who play the boring 10 flip and 20 metres wheelie Slot Machine challenges regularly have fared well in this season in my opinion. I am one of those who plays it for passing time almost everyday. Butt slides are good on some tracks only, even better on the Donkey bike.

poppinfresh99
06-01-2018, 04:18 PM
In addition to the donkey bike being good for butt slides, I just had some luck doing butt slides using KTM-500. I'd imagine that the Berserker and Mantis work too??? Maybe even the tango??? As you said, it probably depends on the track.

I can do butt slides down steep hills if going slow enough, but I could always get normal wheelies on those. It seems that the real advantage might be using the butt slide both down AND UP when there is a dip??? I honestly don't know. I'm showing my ignorance so someone can correct me!

Bulldog100000
06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Has anyone else’s chip count been “off”?
I’ve been having situations where I’m winning tracks but my chip count doesn’t go up. On one race I was winning 2 tracks with a 74 count in chips and when I came back a few hours later I was still at 74 chips and my opponent received almost 400 chips for 1 track won. Very frustrating.

aghate22
06-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Has anyone else’s chip count been “off”?
I’ve been having situations where I’m winning tracks but my chip count doesn’t go up. On one race I was winning 2 tracks with a 74 count in chips and when I came back a few hours later I was still at 74 chips and my opponent received almost 400 chips for 1 track won. Very frustrating.

Yes, most of us have experienced it. It is happening right now as I type this. :p

Yrorcyn
06-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Just wasted a lot of tickets to win 3 straight showdowns only to lose my stars and my level. Way to go! I'm done with this event. it's just a waste of time.

Firebud852
06-05-2018, 06:14 PM
I'm having the same issues as many others. My bunker wins aren't counting and I'm losing dozens of tickets and a few ranks in the process. I have screen shots for proof, I've submitted a complaint ticket etc. The issue doesn't seem to be important enough to be addressed.

LightningRurik
06-06-2018, 03:54 AM
Some good things about this competition:

I've learned how to wheelie / slide better. It forces you to practice this, to get good wheelies when a butt slide won't work.

hdrider2016
06-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Losing gold tickets,losing chips, and winning are not counted...not only that but also losing stars and level even after winning... what the hell? Fix it or finish this lousy bunker

sup3rfm
06-14-2018, 04:23 PM
RL is always asking for users to follow them on social networks, to get engaged with them, to play the game. When these users have issues with the game, report what's going on, ask them to fix them, what's their answer? NONE.

I've seen the official Twitter account posting a "There are only 3 days left for the season end" which is pretty pathetic considering the poor experience they're providing to users and customers.

Stefan2499
06-14-2018, 11:31 PM
RL is always asking for users to follow them on social networks, to get engaged with them, to play the game. When these users have issues with the game, report what's going on, ask them to fix them, what's their answer? NONE.

I've seen the official Twitter account posting a "There are only 3 days left for the season end" which is pretty pathetic considering the poor experience they're providing to users and customers.
Dang
Why do u even check the twitter then
Thats ****ing disgusting by them
One thinks they have backups and could just revert changes
It seems to me like some lazy worker set on his keyboard amd boom, before RL could know that feature got implemented, sure you cant abuse poijts as hard anymore, but therefore you canwin while losing....YAY