PDA

View Full Version : Official question to finally do something about cheaters

Generalnio
12-17-2011, 11:38 AM
I am really getting bored of the cheaters in this game.
Don't tell me all these guys are all sooo "experienced" they make dozens of kills, can at times never be locked, smoke and block/break has no effect whatsoever, sometimes even guys who kill you are invisable.
Oh, yes: and the zero level guys who appear everywhere...
Anyone else the same problem? Or am I imagining here...?

Rutoks
12-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I have zero-level-guys too. But I haven't seen a lot of cheating so far.

MisterMillhouse
12-17-2011, 01:23 PM
idk if they're cheating, game bugs a lot and i'm sure they're going to be fixing it

I play with my cousin in the same room and sometimes I can't lock on to him, I can't stun him, or he'll run across the map in artifact assault without having a pursuer

I'm sure there's cheaters, but for the most part i'm convinced that its the game that's tripping

Collinwood01
12-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I dont think its cheating as much as it is flaws in the game. I dont know if I should say that as someone might take it as an attack on their person but there you go. I played with some friends last night and things were ok for a while then I just had a game where nothing worked, so I quit. What else can you do. If I get into a session where nothing works then I quit until I get into one where I have a chance. It sucks to be that way but Im not just going to sit in a session and get stunned and killed and not be able to do anything about it. Try to have as much fun as you can. After all, you bought the game, so play it the way you want.

Generalnio
12-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Collinwood01:
I dont think its cheating as much as it is flaws in the game. I dont know if I should say that as someone might take it as an attack on their person but there you go. I played with some friends last night and things were ok for a while then I just had a game where nothing worked, so I quit. What else can you do. If I get into a session where nothing works then I quit until I get into one where I have a chance. It sucks to be that way but Im not just going to sit in a session and get stunned and killed and not be able to do anything about it. Try to have as much fun as you can. After all, you bought the game, so play it the way you want.
Ok, all this may be true.
But I wanna play fair play; and not getting frustrated because of a game that doesn't work properly.

AntiChrist7
12-17-2011, 02:01 PM
yeah i encounter the 0-level guys very often.

Personally i havent seen real cheating, just sometimes a stupid engine that spawns you next to a persuer when you get dropped in a match. or doing the kill move but having your kill stolen

deadly_thought
12-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Generalnio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Collinwood01:
Ok, all this may be true.
But I wanna play fair play; and not getting frustrated because of a game that doesn't work properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we all are trust me

marq08
12-17-2011, 08:55 PM
In my thousands of games of ACB and ACR combined I have ever encountered 4 players I thought were actually attempting to cheat. One guy was purposefully opening lobbies that lasted 30 minutes with some glitch he had found. The other three were attempting to standby.

Everything else I've been able to attribute to being bad lag or something else

Mc Dudes
12-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Its probably lag and not cheating!

Tracido
12-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Herp derp, console players, cheating, very funny.

PC players, tons of cheating, while legit players blocked or banned by punkbuster, sense is made of it all, carry on...

Generalnio
12-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by McDudes:
Its probably lag and not cheating!
That's the easy route, isn't it?
If I get killed by an invisable guy, strange lag.
If I meet guys to whom my smoke bomb doesn't seem to work, strange lag.
If there are no cheaters, there certainly are dozens of guys exploiting the bugs in he game.

Tracido
12-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Generalnio, I confirmed it with multiple parties (while I was actually allowed to play)for PC, they are laughing hard at punkbuster, as did my bud who stuck by me while we confirmed what they were doing for documentation. Wrote about it here... http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...891043079#2891043079 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/9171043079?r=2891043079#2891043079)

As for consoles, I can almost guarantee it is damn near pure exploiting only, if that.

persiateddy95
12-18-2011, 06:49 AM
There are no cheats in this game, only boosters.

marq08
12-18-2011, 07:26 AM
I've seen the invisible player bug. It's been around since ACB. It has to do with a server side connection. As far as I know it's not intentionally reproducible or I would expect to see it much more often than I do.

I said this to someone else on the forums not too long ago and he's no longer around now. Provide me with video evidence of one of these games with a so called cheater. Unedited video. Let me decide for myself if he cheated and explain why I think he did or more than likely did not.

On the PC it is more likely that it can be done but to cheat on the console in most cases requires the editing of the actual xmb files and then either hot swapping the disks or taking a jtag online. I'm fairly up to date on the modding scene and have yet to see a single person who has edited the xmb in assassins creed for single player or multiplayer purposes. As far as I know no one has cracked the encryption for it.

The single player can be "modded" by hex editing the save files that are encrypted only by switching the digits to little endian style but the multiplayer data is stored online on the servers.

As for teleporting and invisible players. Is it possible for someone through standbying to cause this type of behavior? Yes. Is it likely in a game with no single console movement host for it to be of much use to them? No not really. There has been limited success with secondary standbying in this game but it's nearly impossible and more unreliable than mute (assuming you use mute...).

TLDR: The people telling you they are better than you or you are lagging are right.