PDA

View Full Version : Dominion needs to be Reworked...

VoIume Control
05-07-2018, 03:02 PM
How is Dominion suppose to be enjoyable when every fight is a 1v3? seriously rework it so being on multiple points is worth it so Assassins can be to the ones to rotate between objectives and the slower classes are the Anchors. Should be 2 Center 1 Left 1 Right and 1 Ganker. this Unchanged annoying Meta needs to change if this is supposed to be the serious competitive mode....

Crosstails20
05-07-2018, 03:24 PM
I don't think this is the overall competitive mode that you claim it to be, I think it is a more of a for fun game mode. If you want a competitive game mode play duel.

Also, a message to everyone, stop being the pot calling the kettle black, you hate ganking, but most of you do it anyways so shut up about it.

Charmzzz
05-07-2018, 09:46 PM
If "every" fight is a 1v3 then you are doing something wrong. Like dont watch your minimap, dont follow your mates, dont react to pings etc... You can avoid almost every gank if you are aware of your minimap.

UbiInsulin
05-07-2018, 11:00 PM
How is Dominion suppose to be enjoyable when every fight is a 1v3? seriously rework it so being on multiple points is worth it so Assassins can be to the ones to rotate between objectives and the slower classes are the Anchors. Should be 2 Center 1 Left 1 Right and 1 Ganker. this Unchanged annoying Meta needs to change if this is supposed to be the serious competitive mode....

Hi Volume Control! We've let the team know about community feedback on the deathball/ganking meta. They touched on it a bit during the last Warrior's Den too: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257267929?t=35m09s .

Blindjackel03
05-08-2018, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=Crosstails20;13479190

Also, a message to everyone, stop being the pot calling the kettle black, you hate ganking, but most of you do it anyways so shut up about it.[/QUOTE]

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Completely agree. Big problem with for honor is the whinyness of average players. I am not a great player, but I donít yell for changes. The game isnít broken just because YOU canít win. Also sense Iím on this rant... the game is unbalanced but what fighting game isnít. This game is pretty close. I have met people on line that are master killers with the so call ď low tierĒ characters. Weak characters should really be referred to as hard to learn characters.
Ahhh I feel better... 🤪

CandleInTheDark
05-08-2018, 12:31 AM
One thing I think the devs don't quite get is that while it isn't a problem in high tier, most of us are not high tier.

Groups going 1v3 can be beaten if two things happen, if one person can hold three up for half a minute or so and if the rest of the team are smart enough to use that half minute well (the latter is the bigger problem, relying on four in a pug game to work well as a team as your deathball meta fix requires four individuals playing smart...um...good luck?). One of the worst maps for deathsquads is sanctuary bridge, but because I was boosting home zone when three of them came for me, I managed to block, parry and revenge long enough that while they took my team's home zone, they lost b and the other zone. When players can't manage to hold their own, you get situations like I also had today where at the gauntlet we were getting killed in our spawn zone.

Another poster in a few of these threads made a very good comparison, in League of Legends, you're not going to survive a gank and you shouldn't if it is pulled off well, it is basic math but they are hard to pull off and not lose insane amounts of ground, part of that is because every part of the map is important and it is a large map, that is where I think dominion, or another team based mode, could do with going, large maps where you need people at the main hotspots. Again with the Legends example, in a 5v5 you have three lanes, a support and the jungler that would be the soldier zone, 4v4 just take away the middle laner and you have home base, soldiers, enemy base, floater who goes where needed, the issue is nothing in dominion incentivises filling these roles (which is a shame because if they do want to go esport in a team format then that is how best to do it I think, have a definite strategy element people can grasp, LoL is successful and very watchable because people can follow there is a scout and power build phase, set piece battles which bring the teams together and a definite endgame). The problem at the moment is that while three or four should have an advantage in a single fight, there is little to no low to mid tier path to punishing that play in other ways the way the top x% can, especially if they are not grouped up.

Outside of that, the best I can advise is watch how streamers play especially when they are in tournaments (which I think ubisoft needs to do more to promote if that means setting some regular or semi regular tournaments up themselves), when outnumbered they prioritise defence, if their ally has just died or is near dead they don't go alone against three others and they make sure to have people moving to threaten any zone or soldier lane that is unattended.

SpaceJim12
05-08-2018, 09:46 AM
If "every" fight is a 1v3 then you are doing something wrong. Like dont watch your minimap, dont follow your mates, dont react to pings etc... You can avoid almost every gank if you are aware of your minimap.

But sometimes strange things happend. I played Shinobi yesterday and everytime I did kneeled combo to someone, Raider came from nowhere and drive me away with his shoulder. Really, it's happend every single time I tried to kneeled someone. And there where nothing on minimap at all.
And I don't think it's easy to avoid gunk when you Highlander or any other slow class. You see three people running to you, start retreat, but every PK or Shinobi just won't let you go.
And as Shinobi I could now really avoid every gunk situations.

Outside of that, the best I can advise is watch how streamers play especially when they are in tournaments (which I think ubisoft needs to do more to promote if that means setting some regular or semi regular tournaments up themselves), when outnumbered they prioritise defence, if their ally has just died or is near dead they don't go alone against three others and they make sure to have people moving to threaten any zone or soldier lane that is unattended.

But still Dominion have some issues with points gain at all. Cause every single session with For Honor I see (1 from 10, I believe) the situation, when opponents win by no reason. I opened up statistic board and see that my team have more objectives, more kills, less deathes and overall points to our team higher. But in any reason we end up match with 1200 vs. 800. And they broke us with score 1000 but whole game they just recapture their near spawn zone. Why this happend? I still can't find answer for it.