PDA

View Full Version : For honor 2

Jthadman
05-07-2018, 05:49 AM
So I think for honor was kind of a fail. It's a great game just it could have been better. I think if ubisoft made for honor 2 it could be really successful if done right. First take out the knights and samurai. Knights are over represented in fantasy and samurai seem kinda outta place with Vikings. This game should take place somewhere BC or before christ. The factions included would be the Greeks who would have troops such as the mighty spartan. Then you could have the Roman army which would include the centurion and the gladiator. Next there would be the Egyptians there champions could include a medjay (which would be a cool reference to assassins creed an a real historical fighter). Last but not least u would have the Vikings obviously this game concentrate on a more primitive era these 4 factions are so different with the exception of Greeks and Roman's but in my opinion they need to be separate to avoid dlc including warriors that never fought for that faction I'm talking about the knights. This games story would be longer and highlight ever class in that faction. The story would concentrate on the more mythical side of things. Maybe ares and his counter part Mars are trying to get the Greeks and Roman's to fight while the Vikings are attacking Egypt in fear that the Egyptians will cause ragnarok (which is really stretching your boundaries but could make a cool story of how the Vikings arnt use to the heat) the Egyptian gods then would be angry at the Vikings and demand to there people to go to the nordic homelands and kill those who defiled there land. At the same time the Roman's will also be in the Egyptians land as well. Now here's where it gets cool u guys remove revenge entirely though the berserkers will go into a berserk state which will be similar to the revenge mode. The Spartans could also have something similar that happens randomly when a fellow champion dies but I think that we need god classes. After a while either the top player or the worst player will get blessed by a random deity of their faction this will give u some of the abilities of ur god like if ur playing as thor or Zeus ur attacks will do lightning damage or if ur posed by Loki u can create mirages that can be used to distract foes. In this time that player will be marked and if the enemy does not kill him in time they will be possessed. When possessed u take on the form of ur god u will have intirly new combos and have many different abilities like if ur chosen by hades, heal, pluto, or anubis u will gain the abilities to instantly revive allies which will be an area effect spell and have a MASSIVE cool down , then u could have another ability where u can raise fallen enemy champions as powerful undead zombies. U get the gist. Now here the most important part u have to have to include splitscreen. For honor is the perfect game for this. Games that dont have splitscreen just arnt as fun we enjoy being able to sit next to our older siblings and kick there asses after they've beaten us a thousand time in the past we enjoy seeing whose the best when where hanging out as friends this recent trend of not including splitscreen is just terrible.

Tyrjo
05-07-2018, 06:34 AM
They have just built the foundation with For Honor. There is more to come by expanding the IP without going for a new iteration of the game.

Hammelsneid
05-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Lol, I stopped reading after "So I think for honor was kind of a fail. It's a great game ..." sorry, not this time xD

TatoRezo
05-07-2018, 02:06 PM
I think you are describing a different game than for honor.

First of all the combat system is designed for 1v1 so 4v4 combat sucks ***.

All the abilities you describe would ruin the game even more, consider the combat system it currently has.

Secondly story and narrative isn't the main focus of the game, combat is. Changing story wouldnt change much if the combat is still unbalanced.

Knights and Samurai are way more popular than greeks an egyptians so it would be a bad marketing move. What the hell are vikings doing in ancient bc times even? You could say Celts or barbs but not vikings lol.

And by changing all the things, no it wouldn't be a for honor game, nothing like it.

EDG_Avocado
05-07-2018, 04:34 PM
stopped reading at " take out knights and samurai"

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
05-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Im so mad I spent my time reading this.

HazelrahFirefly
05-08-2018, 07:42 PM
stopped reading at " take out knights and samurai"

Ditto. I came in expecting a discussion of Ubisoft possibly (and fearfully for me) announcing FH2 at E3.

Instead we got, um... that paragraph.

CandleInTheDark
05-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Ditto. I came in expecting a discussion of Ubisoft possibly (and fearfully for me) announcing FH2 at E3.

Instead we got, um... that paragraph.

Eric has flat out said E3 is not a For Honor 2 announcement

UbiJurassic
05-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Can confirm, it is not For Honor 2.

PDXGorechild
05-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Im so mad I spent my time reading this.

Hahahahaha me too!

“Ubisoft - Great idea, we’ll get right on it!”

PDXGorechild
05-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Just kidding by the way. The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians idea is actually cool but wouldn’t Persians make more sense hystorically than Egyptians?

I doubt For Honor 2 is even being thought about atm. I also feel like it’s headed in the right direction and is now in the condition it admittedly should have been on release.

mrmistark
05-08-2018, 11:27 PM
In the name of attempting to be constructive I’ll firstly drop my thread of a For Honor 2, and ideas about creating your own hero, instead of unnecessarily rewriting it all:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1809268-Concept-ideas-for-For-Honor-2-make-your-own-hero

For those who don’t feel like reading the whole thing, in summary and super quick version, you pick your faction to lock in possible weapons and armor looks, then choose weapon size and type to determine mobility vs damage and stamina ect. And added possible moves based on type. Your stats are based off of your picks. Pretty much all other cosmetics are personal choice as far as different looks to armors, colors, ornaments, gender, skin color, hair color, ect. imagine having the customization of say the sims or ESO for characters but in for honor. I haven’t read it in a while, it probably needs refinement, but it’s a rough sketch.

I actually don’t hate the mythical side of your ideas, it’d be cool to have a few gods from each faction with certain powers, the problem is it heavily cheapens the For Honor original ideas, though this concept of gods and different magical powers/buffs is really cool and could make for an interesting different game. It also has the problem of the knights prodominately being from a time period which the idea of one god is accepted, so you would have to specify Greek or Roman over the generalize “knights” faction. Much like the knights the samurai were more influenced by Shinto and Zen Buddhism. I would picture it more like an Injustice or Mortal combat type game though personally if you somehow were able to make it work. I feel that the powers would also cheapen the beauty of For Honor battle mechanics, though certain feats you could say the same I guess.

Perhaps religion could maybe influence certain longer orders to the game, such as praying at an alter to “insert god of faction” and they grant you a divine quest or something extra for you to work on.

HazelrahFirefly
05-08-2018, 11:43 PM

Can confirm, it is not For Honor 2.

Was it during the WD? I watched the whole thing and dont remember that.

CandleInTheDark
05-09-2018, 01:12 AM
Was it during the WD? I watched the whole thing and dont remember that.

I follow Eric's reddit activity, he said it when someone started a thread on E3 https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8hhlrh/can_we_take_a_moment_to_realize_that_for_honor_is/dylex9z/?context=3

HazelrahFirefly
05-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Yeeeeeaahhh... forgive me, but, I dont count sources like facebook, twitter, and especially reddit as legitimate sources. Reddit is a cesspool of ******** that is only rivaled by places like 4chan.

If it's not on the WD, Ubisoft's official site, or their god damn own FORUM, then it doesn't count. Pope could post on reddit once a minute that FH2 isn't happening and it still could be what the E3 announcement is.

KNKitsune
05-10-2018, 03:54 AM
First take out the knights and samurai. Knights are over represented in fantasy and samurai seem kinda outta place with Vikings.

Samurai, Knights, and Vikings were all around during the 11th century so you can't say the Samurai are out of place.

Maybe ares and his counter part Mars are trying to get the Greeks and Roman's to fight while the Vikings are attacking Egypt in fear that the Egyptians will cause ragnarok (which is really stretching your boundaries but could make a cool story of how the Vikings arnt use to the heat) the Egyptian gods then would be angry at the Vikings and demand to there people to go to the nordic homelands and kill those who defiled there land.

You need to redo your research.... Ares and Mars are the EXACT same god. Also the Egyptians can't cause Ragnarok.

DrinkinMyStella
05-10-2018, 11:38 AM
if they ever did a FH2 then I do like your idea of BC era and factions based around 1000bc-1BC at least it would be consistent.

PlsDontKillMeTY
03-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Vikings were BC you idiot