PDA

View Full Version : Why donít people play death match?

Jedioutcast88
05-06-2018, 08:34 PM
With all the ganking going on in tribute and dominion why do people just not play death match? Skirmish is practically a gankers paradise and elimination can turn into a gank fest. So why donít people play it? If your just after the kills and donít care about objective in dominion or tribute players like you would fit perfectly in death match and find more enjoyment out of it.

mrmistark
05-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Well, personally, I hate deathballing and always play objective and only run to a friendly if theyíre in trouble, otherwise my efforts are better spent pushing the objective because in those game modes objective=points.

That being said though, I do enjoy deathmatch, but only elimination. I think the core idea of skirmish is terribly flawed. I like elimination because it starts like a civilized duel and then as you said it has the ability to turn into a gank, but itís usually on a dumbed down scale I.e. we were able to take out 2 enemy and you need to hold off until help of your other teammate comes. I like these scenario because itís challenging. I can almost always hold off the enemy long enough for help and occasionally I am able to kill both on my own. Itís a good feeling and it enhances gameplay to me personally. Occasionally you get 3v1 which sucks, but in my experience this is rare, and itís never guaranteed like playing an objective based mode is. You can always count on continuously being 3v2/4v2 or worse your teammate dies and itís just you, assuming you actually try to go objectively.

Anyways, I would totally play more elimination for sure if there wasnít other people voting on skirmish maps. Skirmish is a wasted effort unless youíre running in a group. It might as well be ranked in my opinion.

Illyrian_King
05-06-2018, 11:54 PM
With all the ganking going on in tribute and dominion why do people just not play death match? Skirmish is practically a gankers paradise and elimination can turn into a gank fest. So why don’t people play it? If your just after the kills and don’t care about objective in dominion or tribute players like you would fit perfectly in death match and find more enjoyment out of it.

Well that's an easy one ^^

It's boring as all f*ck

Elimination is basically breaking status in Dominion.
Skirmish is pretty much Dominion with no objectives and less minions. Dominion doesn't entertain me since a long while now, because it's too tiny and Skirmish even less does.

Jedioutcast88
05-07-2018, 01:20 AM
Well that's an easy one ^^

It's boring as all f*ck

Elimination is basically breaking status in Dominion.
Skirmish is pretty much Dominion with no objectives and less minions. Dominion doesn't entertain me since a long while now, because it's too tiny and Skirmish even less does.

Yeah but what I donít get if you are someone that just goes after kills in a game mode where playing the objective is more important then kill counts, why hurt the team by playing skirmish in dominion or tribute? Donít take it as me accusing you that you are one of those player that ruin dominion or tribute by playing like itís skirmish or elimination I donít mean it to come across like that.

I have seen many times teammates jumping into a fight causing who ever I was fighting to get revenge and because my teammates was more focused on the kill instead of working together to take them out ends up getting us both killed and a zone lost. I have also seen enemy teams chase after me full circle around the map causing their team to loose the points all because they wanted to get that kill. Players like that can determine either a win or a lose for a team. Skirmish and elimination team work is important but isnít even close to being at the level of teamwork that dominion or tribute is at. Even tribute I see players running off to get kills instead of gaurding the shrines or stealing the enemies. So if your after kills why not play Death match? You pretty much play the same maps that are in both used in tribute and dominion. Donít get me wrong I enjoy getting kills in dominion but if I see 2-3 of my teammates ganging up on one guy while all three points are under enemy control Iím gonna try for the objective. By staying on the Zones you gain points and defending it also grants a lot of points as well. If you are going around just killing you are not doing your teammates any good and basically are trying to turn dominion into skirmish because obtaining kills in dominion lets face it can be easier because you know that thereís a good chance you are going to run into one player trying to hold a point and you might not run into the entire team. Itís also the same thing will tribute where one guy is defending the teams shrines while the rest of the team is off ganging up on one player, the player thatís trying to protect the shrines could be facing 2-3 people. If you donít want to work as a team for the objective then why play objective heavy game modes? Save some players some grief and go play deathmatch thatís what itís there for right?

ArmoredChocobo
05-07-2018, 05:06 AM
Because I'm not in it for kills, I'm in it for completing the objective.

Of course in Dominion deathballing is just as good, if not better than doing objectives.

Jedioutcast88
05-07-2018, 07:31 AM
So what if they changed were you spawned in in dominion? Either by giving random spawn points after the start of the match or have players spawn in in captured zones. Would you still play dominion?

This is my thought on why players donít play death match, there is no objectives. Players from the start just fight each other and there is nothing to distract players so players that that do the deathballing crap canít get easy kills. Skirmish you are pretty much in 4v4 almost the whole time. Even if you out number a player, their teammates will shortly be there helping them out. Elimination well you have to fight someone one on one and if your team doesnít get the elimination you might be left with fighting the other team by yourself with no back up.

Playing dominion you know exactly where the opposing teaming is coming from. You have pretty much a good idea where they are going to go to when they respawn in. The chances of out numbering a single play is higher in dominion then in any other game mode. Itís a great way to get easy kills.

Convince me that this is not how players think, because chances are if one person thought of it Iím sure there are many more that had the same idea.