PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Appearance Change = Scam

HazelrahFirefly
05-05-2018, 10:49 PM
It's a new way to get people to spend Steel.

Currently, in the worst case scenario:
I spend steel to change one piece of gear to look like another I enjoy aesthetically. After that it takes up an inventory slot but it is free to change to, forever.

Appearance Change System:
You delete all the pieces you have except for the one you are using because you have them backed up visually. However, EVERY time you want to change the appearance tou have to pay the same steel cost, 455 (legendary tier). Change it once and its equal to the cost of the current system; change it twice and you've paid twice as much.

Admittedly I plan on deleting some pieces to have them only visually stored, like some of the uglier event pieces.

Vakris_One
05-05-2018, 11:46 PM
That is pretty much how I assume it will work as well from what I saw in the live stream. You will always pay steel to change into the look from something in your cosmetic vault. However this can be circumnavigated by doing what we do now, which is to keep some of best cool looking gear in your inventory ready to switch to for free anytime you want.

The good part about the cosmetic vault is that it will allow us to finally change appearances across the rarity tiers which is a great quality of life upgrade. The bad part is that will most probably cost double the usual amount of steel since Ubi can't miss the opportunity to have us burn more steel.

HazelrahFirefly
05-06-2018, 12:02 AM
That's true. I do plan on rating up all event great and then deleting a bunch of it lol