PDA

View Full Version : S6 Rebalance Wishlists

Kryltic
05-05-2018, 11:56 AM
So, now we know the two reworks (or main reworks), what rebalancing would people like to see for S6?

Just to clarify, reworks involve new animations and major changes. Rebalancing is more like what happened to the Nobushi and Highlander for S5. So basically it's mostly number changes or perhaps (like the Centurion) a new (bust simple) chain.

My opinions come from a 4vs4 perspective.

Valkyrie:
Damage boost to all attacks, she has to work far too hard to do any amount of decent damage.
Minor attack speed boost, her attacks all feel very slow and easy to punish. Second light attacks in a chain should be faster as well. Unless you play vs a new player or in a group fight it's rarely worth bothering with trying to land a second hit.
Allow CGB if your opponent tries to GB after dodging a spearsweep that or a faster recovery on a failed spearsweep.

Nobushi:
Hidden Stance, the cost and recovery times looking at.
Her attacks feel like they should either be a little quicker or do more damage. Im not entirely sure which.
Swift Recoil needs some kind of buff although what that should be I've no idea.

Shugoki:
Remove the increased damage from losing Uninterruptable Stance.

HazelrahFirefly
05-05-2018, 12:23 PM
You want to nerf the Shug? Good luck with that one.

As far as Valk is concerned she needs a guarantee after a shield bash (not running forward to fling out a heavy). She needs to be able to continue her chain with almost so exceptions; she shouldn't have to restart after the third hit.

I disagree about the cgb after the sweep. If the opponent dodges to the side or forward and hits gb immediately then she should pay the price.

TatoRezo
05-05-2018, 01:32 PM
This seems really biased tbh. You want to buff nobushis speed and nerf shug

BTTrinity
05-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Valk just needs a rework, shes not slow her lights are 500ms... its that she has no mixups and the outcome of everything she does is very predictable.

Agree with Nobu Hidden Stance changes (Not sure about recovery, I feel like I never had much of an issue with it, but i've hardly been playing lately)

Though I dont agree about Vipers Retreat needing a buff, its very good as it is imo... (Its my go to CGB... every time I see a gb come out I hit them with it 9x out of 10)

If anything from Nobu's kit needs a buff right now outside of hidden stance stamina changes (And possibly recovery, I havent played in a while) it would be swift recoil should stop all moves from tracking Nobu for a VERY SHORT duration so people cant just keep spamming to keep up with her after she uses it; I also wouldnt mind seeing the ability to use cobra strike and sidewinder LATER into her dodge if they are reluctant to buff swift recoil.

I also think Shugoki needs a rework, but removing the increased dmg he takes from losing uninterruptable stance would be a welcomed change imo.

PS: IM LIKE 100% CERTAIN THE SHUGO PART IS A TYPO AND OP MEANT WHAT I SAID ABOVE.

SaschoS
05-05-2018, 01:45 PM
game is just crap RN. Devs do not know **** about balance. We are seeing this BS for a year now and game is just getting worse in terms of balance. They are just adding some stupid **** they think it is cool without even properly testing it. GG devs you really know how things work.

TatoRezo
05-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Rework Raider. And Shugoki.

Buff Warlord

This is my wishlist

Kryltic
05-05-2018, 03:05 PM
I think you may have misread what I put. I didn't say he needs to lose Uninterruptable Stance, but the part of it's effect where he takes 25% more damage after its broken needs to go. Sorry for the confusion!

And of course my list is bias... Its a wishlist after all! Haha there has to be some fun involved!

I do like the idea of Swift Recoil negating tracking for a short period. That would definitely make it more useful.

With the Valk it must just be the second light in a chain thats slow. In hindsight I have been playing other characters with consistently quick attacks.

I want to add the Aramusha to the list but I'm not entirely sure what tweaks I'd like to see happen.

Edit: I also want to add Feats but that could easily be a whole new thread haha

Edit 2: I put Vipers Retreat instead of Swift Recoil like a fool in my original post (corrected now).

Card1acArrest
05-05-2018, 07:30 PM
They could allow the Valkyrie sweep as a mix up in the chains. Same as gladiator can do his skewer in chains. it would make mix ups more fun?

Kryltic
05-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Had some more time to think of other changes ontop of the others since I'm not rushing off to work now XD

Shugoki:
Remove the extra damage he takes after losing his Uninterruptable Stance. If he CGB a GB it shouldn't consume his Uninterruptable Stance. Finally if he fails to CGB, he should just lose his stance and not be guard broken.
Give him a Light-Light and Heavy-Light combo.
Fix the crazy bug on his zone where he zooms off when attacking soldiers. Also the second swing on his zone is unblockable and has a damage increase.
Reduce the stamina recovery penalty after using Charge of the Oni.
Allow Charge of the Oni to knock over OOS opponents.
Allow his headbutt to ledge people.
Remove the health penalty for missing a Demons Embrace. Give him stamina recovery similar to health.

A cool idea would be that you can GB an opponent and headbutt them as you throw them.

Aramusha:
Give him the ability to end a chain with a kick (like when he uses Blade Blockade).

ArmoredChocobo
05-05-2018, 11:30 PM
I feel like Nobushi should be able to do her dodge-light and sweep heavies later in her dodge animation, maybe at expense to damage or stamina cost.

Her dodge is pretty slow to begin with, so it doesnít help when youíre either too late and canít punish on a dodge, or too soon and you stop short of actually avoiding the incoming attack.