PDA

View Full Version : No secret

bannex19
05-05-2018, 12:39 AM
Shaman. I mean come on, this isn't a l2p thing. The side heavy feign to top poison move is impossible to react to on console. There is nothing stopping her from spamming it. She almost did on your most recent Warriors Den but the guy clearly stopped for viewing purposes.

It's no mystery the shaman is the baby of 'that' dev but come on she is so clearly ridiculous it's impossible to recommend this game to friends without an asterix.

Pinning somebody to the ground while the rest of the team gets free heavies. May as well have SAP, cheap shot and fear in the game.

There is no risk reward, there is no downside to her moves and they're all way to easy to pull off.

Come on ubi.

CandleInTheDark
05-05-2018, 12:45 AM
Pinning somebody to the ground while the rest of the team gets free heavies. May as well have SAP, cheap shot and fear in the game.

Not to say she doesn't need touching at all but this comment is ridiculous.

Firstly if anyone hits while she is in the bite phase, she is knocked off, takes the (minor, admittedly) friendly fire damage, unless the team is very well co-ordinated there are no free heavies off that (some have said it is possible but I have never seen it) and the rest of bleed is removed so she misses her shot at a heal.

Secondly, this is only a problem now with the character that has to nail bleed in order to get her chance at that? Because, um

Raider, stampede charge
Conqueror shield charge
Lawbringer the polearm pancake toss move (can't recall the name)
Centurion, eagle talon and the charged heavy before that
Shinobi slide tackle
Shugoki demon's embrace and charge of the oni
Valkyrie spear sweep

This kind of move has existed long before shaman and most of them are more reliable and easier to pull off the heavies.

bannex19
05-05-2018, 12:47 AM
I literally just had it happen to me 3 times in dominion about 10 min ago. Not only that she got the bite off every time. Furthermore all those other moves are actually avoidable. The shaman leap is insane, fast, tracking and range

CandleInTheDark
05-05-2018, 12:51 AM
I literally just had it happen to me 3 times in dominion about 10 min ago. Not only that she got the bite off every time. Furthermore all those other moves are actually avoidable. The shaman leap is insane, fast, tracking and range

Shaman leap is also avoidable and in both duel and 4v4 are generally easy dodges and guardbreaks if the shaman goes for it the moment bleed is hit. The only time she has it guaeranteed is after a guardbreak. Most of the moves I listed someone could get you from behind without any kind of warning without meeting any other prerequsiite as Shaman has to with bleed.

bannex19
05-05-2018, 12:55 AM
The shaman bleed as listed above is so spammably easy it requires no effort or risk. You either eat a side heavy because you guessed wrong or you get bled. There is no defense other than guessing.

None of those moves listed hold you to the ground for an extended time like the shaman. None of them heal the shaman and like I said, if it's supposed to break on hit then it's clearly bugged.

bannex19
05-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Shaman leap is also avoidable and in both duel and 4v4 are generally easy dodges and guardbreaks if the shaman goes for it the moment bleed is hit. The only time she has it guaeranteed is after a guardbreak. Most of the moves I listed someone could get you from behind without any kind of warning without meeting any other prerequsiite as Shaman has to with bleed.

What you said "the shaman leap is avoidable if she's laughably predictable with it." Great thanks. That move should be as slow as the shugo. Its like the WL head butt speed only the range is outrageous.

CandleInTheDark
05-05-2018, 01:07 AM
The shaman bleed as listed above is so spammably easy it requires no effort or risk. You either eat a side heavy because you guessed wrong or you get bled. There is no defense other than guessing.

None of those moves listed hold you to the ground for an extended time like the shaman. None of them heal the shaman and like I said, if it's supposed to break on hit then it's clearly bugged.

At lower tiers, maybe, have a look at the duelists who post regularly on youtube and you see them blocking the poison cancel on reaction or on reading the opponent through past play or they shut down her offence with a sword to the face. And as for none of them holding you down, really? Eagle Talon which not only puts you down and leaves you vulnerable while the centurion is on top of you but you stay down long enough after he gets up for another centurion to land it on you.

What you said "the shaman leap is avoidable if she's laughably predictable with it." Great thanks. That move should be as slow as the shugo. Its like the WL head butt speed only the range is outrageous.

Shugoki has access to his demon's embrace at all times, which is why the damage on miss is there and the speed or lack of it has. Shaman has to work, against good players, to get her bite available in the first place and again the bite is dodgeable, if they play mindgames with the cancels it is harder but a bite from neutral doesn't hit if you're paying attention and dodge at the moment her unblockable orange fires, or if you're good with the timing you can hit her out of it..

bannex19
05-05-2018, 03:06 AM
At lower tiers it's flat out ridiculous. At higher tiers there are specific characters that have the ability to beat it and others where dodging is more useful/punishing against her.

The fact is, you don't see the other moves you listed at higher tiers but you see the shaman bull s**t all over all game modes and it really sucks.

Dry.Fish
05-05-2018, 03:44 AM
Can't remember or not because I haven't played a scummy Shaman in awhile. Does she get a free GB on wake up after a successful predator's mercy?