PDA

View Full Version : BG&E 2 for Nintendo Switch?

iApplepet
05-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Will it ever have a chance of coming to the Switch? I got excited when I heard rumours, but there doesn't seem to be any official confirmation.
If not, are you able to port it to the Switch?

Thanks

Legion-495
05-04-2018, 10:46 PM
We never got a real official no.
There were even the rumours that it is a Switch exclusive which have been denied.

Now to make things clear. Michel worked on the tech. Obviously PS3 and Xbox360 are not supposed to run that.
I have to say the Switch is closely placed in that performance range.
Since the game is supposed to be on as many platforms as possible we cannot confirm nor deny it. However it is looking very unlikely.

PS4 and Xbox One are the target consoles as of date, also a PC version is in the works.
Now we have yet to hear if the Voyager engine is even ported to the Switch.
PS4 and Xbox one use nearly the same hardware so there is no big magic involved and knowing that consoles are listed for the game it is very likely running on those two. The Switch is a outlandish thing with Nvidia on the console department.

I think it is not will they port it to Switch as much as can the Switch run this game in a acceptable manner. And I doubt this.

I will update my summary thread accordingly if we hear something else.
Just don't have the high hopes.
The Switch is more or less its own thing. Expect exclusive Ubisoft games for it.

ElPrimordial
05-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Perhaps for the next Switch, but who knows? BGE2 team could surprise us.