PDA

View Full Version : Orochi Rework= buff not rework

SuspectTexas630
05-04-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm very unsure of Orochi's 'rework' it felt to me more like a buff and addition of the way moves look. Orochi still has no openers and no unblockables. What about the character is appealing other than the fact that he looks cool? Playing high tier players as people like I do the new storm rush will not be effective and still get parried after a week of being released. The only option is going to be riptide, but how predictable will that be. I've played orochi since the release of the game but at this point it feels like it's time to use a character who is actually good such as berserker, or shaman. They both have unblockables, and crazy good feint options, one has bleed, one has hyper armor, but what does orochi bring to the table at this point in comparison to those characters? No opener, none of the mentioned above features and still no great mixups, you can't Guard Break straight out of storm rush anymore either so there's another nerf to orochi next to the damage decrease. I want see orochi battle some high skilled players especially those mentioned above who are high tier characters, as well as those who are essentially turtles.

I hope that Ubisoft has more changes upcoming for this character specifically or else Orochi's future is not going to be very long lasting.

EvoX.
05-04-2018, 04:41 PM
The thing about Storm Rush is the removal of GB soft feint. On stream, the regular cancel + GB input looked incredibly slow, so slow that you can do a heavy on reaction and the GB won't get you during the startup, vulnerability frames, meaning you'll eat it raw (lenny face).

Looks like they fully want it to be a hit rather than any sort of opener or mixup potential move.

Knight_Raime
05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Not every hero needs unblockables. And giving everyone an easy access opener from neutral basically circumvents defensive play entirely. Which is bad and should never happen. Orochi has always been a pure counter attacker that capitalizes on whiff punishes. This rework enhances that and gives him some viability with chains. For instance conq is a popular hero right now due to his forward bash mix up timing. Riptide looks fast enough to punish that on reaction. That alone would make the match up between the 2 rather even.

EDIT: talking with some competitive pros over the past day has assured me Orochi with these changes is going to at least be A tier in duels.

SuspectTexas630
05-04-2018, 04:57 PM
I am very happy with the riptide other than the fact you do less damage now and doesn't give execution, but storm rush feels useless. How long will it take for people to get used to the change, they needed to add more range to the GB not take it away in my eyes. I just didn't really feel like this rework was really a rework other than storm rush looking cool, and the only thing I think they really did other than add new chains which is riptide. My question is how do you counter attack someone who turtles and does not. attack first? Kinda takes the counter out of Counter-Attacker..

Knight_Raime
05-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I am very happy with the riptide other than the fact you do less damage now and doesn't give execution, but storm rush feels useless. How long will it take for people to get used to the change, they needed to add more range to the GB not take it away in my eyes. I just didn't really feel like this rework was really a rework other than storm rush looking cool, and the only thing I think they really did other than add new chains which is riptide. My question is how do you counter attack someone who turtles and does not. attack first? Kinda takes the counter out of Counter-Attacker..

Storm rush has variable speed, direction can be changed in stance, cancelable all the way through the attack till the attack is about to land like in the beta, and is protected by riptide. It's VERY good now. S tier heros are S tier because of safe offense/tools. Not because they're great turtles (exception being pk and she's not going to stay S tier now) so turtling isn't really a major concern. The meta since season 5 dropped has been aggression and not turtling.