PDA

View Full Version : E3 ... maybe a new Game Mode

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 11:42 AM
I am really hyped for that E3 presentation and just wanted to share my thoughts and speculations.

E3 is like the pinacle of the year, when it comes to video games ... so Ubi won't go there just to announce like 1-2 new Heroes.

It must be something bigger and then that, to dare presenting it while having the whole gaming world's eyes on them, because the reason is still to attract new players.

So what can be big enough to accomplish that? Only 2 things came to my mind:

1) They announce a new roadmap for like the next 4 Seasons

AND/OR (because the first doesn't kick out the second and vice versa)

2) They announce a new big Game Mode

If it's a new Game Mode (what would make a lot of sense regarding all the requests from the Community and the lack of bigger battle stuff) Ubi most likely wouldn't go there to anounce something like Tribute ... it has to be bigger and HOPEFULLY FINALLY A TASTY SIEGE MODE :cool:

Even the Dominion Maps would offer so much possibities to continue the fight after cracking that sweet gate. One can easily say they are made for it :rolleyes:

A Siege experience or bigger battles in general with the For Honor combat system would be really something impressive to show at the E3!

PDXGorechild
05-04-2018, 11:52 AM
If it isn't siege mode, they're fools.

A big "secret" release. They're trying to attract new players to the game, made evident by the buddying system, arena training etc. They have dedicated servers with data showing the drastic improvements in connectivity. There's a new citadel map. Everyone has been screaming for siege mode since day dot.

What better way to showcase and satisfy all of the above by revealing there will soon be an 8v8, mass battle where players and minions will lay siege to or defend a dirty great big castle?

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 11:56 AM
If it isn't siege mode, they're fools.

A big "secret" release. They're trying to attract new players to the game, made evident by the buddying system, arena training etc. They have dedicated servers with data showing the drastic improvements in connectivity. There's a new citadel map. Everyone has been screaming for siege mode since day dot.

What better way to showcase and satisfy all of the above by revealing there will soon be an 8v8, mass battle where players and minions will lay siege to or defend a dirty great big castle?

Would be the perfect occassion to attract new players and veterans as well!

This game has a great fundament now, but should not stop now.

But mate please tell me about that new Citadell Map ... i must have overheard something.

PDXGorechild
05-04-2018, 12:02 PM
"New map

Beachhead

Samurai map

Playable on dominion, skirmish, elimination, brawl and duel.

Looks like a japanese fortress, there is a desert courtyard.

This is very similar to the Viking raid in the campaign reveal at E3, it is not the exact map but it was the basis for it.

It is a very symmetrical map, something akin to citadel gate. It is however a smaller sized map. Not certain how this will play in dominion, it isn't linear with areas you have to pass through but I think they really do need to up the size of the maps.

Apparently in the myre it will look a lot like the campaign level."

Pulled from Candles Warrior den thread.

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Ah lol I know about this one ... I thought you were talking about a new area in the Citadell Gate Mape we have since release ^^

But for not going further, just look at the new Beachhead Map. Again we fight at the beach before the gate at the very beginning of the whole action inside the fortress.

And if we actually go further, I don't know a single Dominion map that takes us actually INSIDE a Fortress.

Come on that must be intended to release it later when the fundament is fine like it is now !!

PDXGorechild
05-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Yeah seems a bit pointless that you can see the entrance to all the castles but can't actually play in them..

I might be done with this game if they don't bring siege or an equally entertaining mode to the game soon.

New classes, gear or reworks won't keep me here. I'm bored and I want a new game mode. This game NEEDS it.

Vakris_One
05-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Big E3 anouncemement:

"We're finally banning that Flora dude's account. Thank you, thank you. We'll see you next year!" :p

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Honestly the hope for that sweet Announcment is 99% of what kept me here ;b

The game can offer me 50 new Heroes ... all fine but doesn't enrich the core in terms of what you can do in this game.

Big E3 anouncemement:

"We're finally banning that Flora dude's account. Thank you, thank you. We'll see you next year!" :p

Well this is better ;) *clapping audience

DrinkinMyStella
05-04-2018, 01:21 PM
this game has been the longest beta test ever it seems, now the game feels like its actually ready for launch and in a much better state, encouraging new played to join as if its a new game, hopefully the player count does rise based of this weekend.

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 01:32 PM
If the devs released the game in this state without the 6 DLC Heroes and maybe 2-3 Maps less it would have been all fine :p

But it's important now NOT TO STOP and really build on this solid fundament they have now.

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if there is a clue in the campaign. Ubisoft have form for foreshadowing things in the campaign through observables (like Centurion). All through the campaign there are statues which Apollyon goes to great lengths to tell us...no one knows who built them. She flat out says it in the first samurai mission, the samurai didn't build an observable, the knights held that area before them and neither did they. Another thing she says a few times is they layer civilisation on top of civilisation on top of civilisation.

Might be nothing, but it was a running theme.

EvoX.
05-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Hopefully that's not it, I will personally be very disappointed if all the hype is building up to an 8v8 or something like that.

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 06:38 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if there is a clue in the campaign. Ubisoft have form for foreshadowing things in the campaign through observables (like Centurion). All through the campaign there are statues which Apollyon goes to great lengths to tell us...no one knows who built them. She flat out says it in the first samurai mission, the samurai didn't build an observable, the knights held that area before them and neither did they. Another thing she says a few times is they layer civilisation on top of civilisation on top of civilisation.

Might be nothing, but it was a running theme.

Also don't forget the Highlander's face worked in a rock in the Canyon Map (;

Might be there is a link somewhere, as far as they always talk about a "long year plan" or "long term plan" ... so there can be a hint somewhere.

Hopefully that's not it, I will personally be very disappointed if all the hype is building up to an 8v8 or something like that.

It's not about the 8vs8, it's about finally getting a thrilling Game Mode in FH and some dynamicy. Dominion is the biggest action FH can offer and boring for a long time now. But still there is nothing better ...

What did you hopoe for? Some new Heroes and Executions?

EvoX.
05-04-2018, 07:18 PM
It's not about the 8vs8, it's about finally getting a thrilling Game Mode in FH and some dynamicy. Dominion is the biggest action FH can offer and boring for a long time now. But still there is nothing better ...

What did you hopoe for? Some new Heroes and Executions?

An 8v8 is just going to be everything I dislike about Dominion, only doubled. I don't enjoy chaotic modes, I don't enjoy playing in teams (except 2's), I certainly don't enjoy ganking and getting ganked.

All I'm hoping for is for me to get surprised pleasantly. In what form - I don't know, but if it's not a large team deathmatch mode, chances are I'll be content.

Devils-_-legacy
05-04-2018, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping at a new permanent game mode all though there's a lot of theories of it being 6 new heros with a new season pass (similar to the first season pass) I'm really hoping it isnt tho

Illyrian_King
05-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Could very well be a new game mode that allows a larger pool of players simultaneously, say, 8v8, 10v10... though seeing as servers still need some touchups and the lag comp still isn't finalized and a lot of people still lagging and ice-skating and animation-skipping all around, I don't think they'd be ready to deal with the 8v8+ problems that will inevitably emerge. On top of the already problematic deathballing / ganksquad situation and more than half of the 4v4 maps being too small for an actual Dominion, so that would mean new, and larger, maps to accommodate bigger teams; which is starting to sound highly unlikely.

It'll more likely be hyping more people about the dedicated servers and then announcing a new season pass with (maybe) extra story chapters. Displaying the new hero trailers on the big screen, in an all-out epic montage.

E3 starts June 12th, that's roughly a month left. If they're dropping any news on a new season pass / new heroes in the Dens until then, then we're likely to see something aside from the season pass during E3. And I can't think of anything other than a new game mode. If not... then most likely season pass hype. And if it is indeed a new game mode... I'm honestly hoping it won't be an 8v8 or 10v10 or Siege Mode because as it is, they still haven't even properly refined how Dominion plays out, even Tribute; they won't be able to properly handle a larger team mode.

Better to wait for our dear beloved Siege Mode after we become more or less confident that they can handle designing, maintaining, bug-fixing, and stabilizing such a huge mode. Until then, don't get your hopes too high. If they do announce a bigger team mode, prepare to be disappointed with a truckload of balance problems, connectivity problems, and a lot more other problems which they'll take another half a year to solve, after they have successfully attracted a new, younger crowd to the game to increase the playerbase and increase revenue.

To be honest, I very rarely till never face these problems, but I should consider this as lucky case maybe ^^

I hardly believe they will just announce some Heroes or even a more Story Chapters ... more Story in an Multiplayer Game doesn't sound very likely to me and new Heroes simply don't suffice to present it at the E3.

We got new Heroes in the past and also Ubi didn't advertise the new Heroes (Cent and Shino) at the last E3 in 2017.

A new Season Pass together with some kind of Roadmap sounds very likely to me, but you have to listen to the words the devs used yesterday in the Special Stream. Stuff like "we have something big enough to show it the E3" or "we have have tons of information to share with you guys at the E3"

This sounds to me like a new "big" mode and many informations in form of a Roadmap with Season Pass.

Of course it can also be stuff like a 4th Faction, but I don't hope for this one :p

An 8v8 is just going to be everything I dislike about Dominion, only doubled. I don't enjoy chaotic modes, I don't enjoy playing in teams (except 2's), I certainly don't enjoy ganking and getting ganked.

All I'm hoping for is for me to get surprised pleasantly. In what form - I don't know, but if it's not a large team deathmatch mode, chances are I'll be content.

This is why the devs made Brawl and the Deathmatch playlist, but both are very rarely used.

Most people hook on Duell and Dominion. Not even Tribute. Dominion.

Most people want huge battles .... which can also be 4vs4 or 6vs6 but it has to contain some action and Siege would offer a lot of it.

The devs would just be wise to attract this majority of the community and fullfill this wish they have since pre-launch.

If you are just for fighting with 1 or 2 people, there is not much that can be still done, despite of making Dance of Death a permanent Game Mode.

In all the terms of respect ...

PDXGorechild
05-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Siege could be a new opportunity to do something right from the start through.

They know of the issues with current game modes and could use that knowledge to create a game mode that works how it ought to, encouraging the right play.

Make it so teams must split up in order to secure objectives. For example, an 8v8 siege where it’s most effective to split up into 4 teams of 2 to take various parts of the castle. If the invaders succeed they unlock another part, pulling chains simultaneously from 4 different points, opening the way to a keep where a mass brawl takes place. This would counter act deathballing mostly, if done correctly with big enough maps. Fixing feats and getting rid of insta-kill abilities is a must.

If they create something that works in perfect conditions the only worry is if the servers can handle it. With the way they’ve been improving it doesn’t seem that unlikely.

HazelrahFirefly
05-05-2018, 04:27 PM
I really want a 4 man ffa, 8 man ffa, and an 8v8 mode.

The problem with adding any mode is that the game's population can't sustain it... so I worry this isn't it at all.

I think it's going to be For Honor 2 and that makes me very sad.

Illyrian_King
05-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Yes there is a lot that can be done, but there is also another point that would be important to me:

I want the army actually having a serious impact.

I want complexer mechanics like having to open gates, crack castle walls, deploy ladders and stuff to help soldiers get in the castle. Also stuff like archer towers which only minions can climb up or put on fire. Also putting archers in captured Zones and such stuff.

I don't want to feel like I am taking the fort with a hand full of players and a big company of 5-year-olds.

I also wouldn't mind to increase the average minion's damage from 1DMG to 5DMG. Maneuvering my enemy into a clutch of my minions should actually reward me. Their influence should be felt on the field.

It shoudn't just be like a bigger Dominion, but also bring all new mechanics to the surface.

PDXGorechild
05-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Yes there is a lot that can be done, but there is also another point that would be important to me:

I want the army actually having a serious impact.

I want complexer mechanics like having to open gates, crack castle walls, deploy ladders and stuff to help soldiers get in the castle. Also stuff like archer towers which only minions can climb up or put on fire. Also putting archers in captured Zones and such stuff.

I don't want to feel like I am taking the fort with a hand full of players and a big company of 5-year-olds.

I also wouldn't mind to increase the average minion's damage from 1DMG to 5DMG. Maneuvering my enemy into a clutch of my minions should actually reward me. Their influence should be felt on the field.

It shoudn't just be like a bigger Dominion, but also bring all new mechanics to the surface.

Like if you bust through a door and capture a tower your minions and captains fill it up and defend it. Make it so players capping zones allows your army to advance until you’re at the keep. The attacking army could start by wheeling a couple of towers up to the wall to stage the assault, having a larger amount of minions attacking against less defenders. The more points the attackers take the further in they spawn. There could be a finite number of reinforcements, 1000 minions or so for the attackers, that when depleted causes the attackers to break. Defenders break by losing the final cap point in the hold.

Boiling hot oil traps. Archers. Giant crossbows. Giant bloody brawls. So much potential >.<

UbiJurassic
05-05-2018, 07:40 PM
It's really fun reading everyone's theories! We definitely have some really great stuff in store for E3 and every day we're getting a little closer to the event. ;)

EDG_Avocado
05-05-2018, 08:10 PM
64 vs 64

I can smell it in the air

Illyrian_King
05-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Like if you bust through a door and capture a tower your minions and captains fill it up and defend it. Make it so players capping zones allows your army to advance until you’re at the keep. The attacking army could start by wheeling a couple of towers up to the wall to stage the assault, having a larger amount of minions attacking against less defenders. The more points the attackers take the further in they spawn. There could be a finite number of reinforcements, 1000 minions or so for the attackers, that when depleted causes the attackers to break. Defenders break by losing the final cap point in the hold.

Boiling hot oil traps. Archers. Giant crossbows. Giant bloody brawls. So much potential >.<

Man you are speaking my language :cool:

Exactly this stuff is what would make FH a complete game!

It's really fun reading everyone's theories! We definitely have some really great stuff in store for E3 and every day we're getting a little closer to the event. ;)

Lol I bet you wrote this with a wide smile, knowing what's coming in a month ^^

64 vs 64

I can smell it in the air

Sounds like the players are your minions :rolleyes:

Kryltic
05-05-2018, 11:37 PM
I would imagine a new campaign following on from Apollyon's defeat would be the basis of the big reveal. Perhaps she had plans in place in case of for her defeat, perhaps the meeting between the 3 characters at the end of For Honor was set years in the future rather than months (or failed completely). The new campaign explains where the new DLC characters came from and how they joined the fight later on. Perhaps it will even show us new characters (just a tease of them) while we play through the new levels.

This would lead into new heroes, new maps (for all game modes), a new game mode and perhaps a revise of existing ones?

Siege mode? Nah, we need something a little more different. What about a 4vs4vs4 mode? That's ultimately what the game has always shown, three way fights, well that could certainly do it. The teams would be Vikings, Samurai and Knights. It spices things up as the two losing teams can gang up on the winning team only to turn on one another at the last minute. The new larger maps would create new maps for older game modes.

Effects on older game modes after introducing, new, larger maps:
The new larger maps could lead to 4-5 offerings for Tribute (perhaps a new speed boost shrine) with the win timer going up by 15-30 seconds. 5/6 objectives for Dominion maps (1-2 with soldiers and 4 standard) but the score becomes 2000 (or 1500 on current large maps). Skirmish could be used on the largest current maps plus the new maps with a heavy increase in soldiers and captains but no additional boosts. Perhaps the score cap increases to 1500pts on the largest new maps (and a slight reduction on the score for killing players). Overall this would mean the game mode can change from map to map and mean you have to be more thoughtful about who you select for a game. It would freshen up older game modes by introducing more objectives and making maps feel different from one another.

The 4vs4vs4 mode would have new maps exclusively for this game mode but also some it can share some of its 'small' maps with Dominion, Tribute and Skirmish (see above). Now, personally I think this would work great following an objective style theme. That way there's a little less emphasis on hanging back and hoping the other two teams kill one another.

What if this game mode, was more like King of the Hill except the objective only stayed in one place for a given time before moving on and you only earned points by either holding it with fewer enemies in the area than friendlies (which would earn a lot of points given the nature of the game), or your team earned points for how much damage they do to an opponent while you are both in the objective (damaging or killing team mates loses points). Theres 3-5 points the objective can be in and say they only stay in one place for 2min before randomly moving to another location. Feat kills only give half points from enemy kills/damage but double point losses from friendly kills/damage. Perhaps a respawn penalty based on how far ahead your team is (and no repawns are possible while your team controls the objective ie no enemies in the objectives and only friendlies).

This mean it naturally balances out feats as a general rule while making it both objective and killing based. It also means a team cannot get too far ahead with no penalties and simply trying to death ball will lose you more than you earn. Now obviously the objective sizes would be larger than current Dominion sizes as these maps (ideally) would be at least twice the size of the largest current large maps. The smallest would be 1.5x the size.

Sorry for the long as fook post but this is what I would totally love to see (or similar) as it would give us new maps, a new campaign, new game mode and give older game modes a breath of life and ultimately inject some new life into the game. Obviously I'm not including the necessary bug fixes, character and feat reworks and rebalances XD

Devils-_-legacy
05-05-2018, 11:40 PM
(perhaps the meeting between the 3 characters at the end of For Honor was set years in the future ) I though it was at the end of the 7 year war after appolions death

Kryltic
05-05-2018, 11:59 PM
(perhaps the meeting between the 3 characters at the end of For Honor was set years in the future ) I though it was at the end of the 7 year war after appolions death

It's been a while since I did the campaign if I'm honest. I don't remember it mentioning a time/date, if so I apologise but overall I don't think that would make too big a difference XD

Draco067
05-06-2018, 01:28 AM
Some very interesting ideas in here.

I agree that new heroes and probably a new game mode with maps will be revealed at E3.

I believe on the Warriors Den following the removal of Test Your Metal, they said they were surprised at the positive response that came from the PvAI mode. What if they doubled down on this mode and made (in addition to a PvP mode) a TYM 2.0 with an objective rather than just elimination. If they are doing some sort of siege mode they could incorporate the campaign characters into it or make it a seperate mode.

However, if I'm being honest, as much as I want a new mode, I would prefer they fix the current 4v4 modes/meta (deathballing/OHK feats) before adding a new mode. The state of a new mode could (especially with new characters that can do who knows what) be much the same thing we already have.

Another thought about a siege mode. I want the character classes to mean something; tanks, assassins, vanguard, hybrid. If these classes become more defined it could make character selection in a siege mode more impactful.

Okay, I'm done rambling now.

Tyrjo
05-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Probably an expansion, like a new season pass. You don't go to E3 to announce a new game mode I think.

Illyrian_King
05-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Probably an expansion, like a new season pass. You don't go to E3 to announce a new game mode I think.

Well you don't go to E3 to announce a small game mode like Tribute.

But presenting something like a Siege Mode in multiple steps would move the whole game more in a direction of massive and chaotic battles (a thing many many people requested).

Actually you could show a lot with this stuff at E3 when you present castle walls, catapults, boiling oil, armies, matches that take more then 7minutes and all that stuff combined with the superb fighting system.

Exactly such images would get people wet pants from sparkling ^^
All that along with a new Raodmap and Season Pass maybe ...

Hammelsneid
05-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Beside the Siege mode, which I would be more than hyped about as well, I thought about some kind of ranked horde-mode.

One of the three new arenas, up to 4 playes coop, and endless growing waves of AI opponents entering one after one into the arena, at some points supported by one of the bosses like in TYM. Maybe next wave comes, when the recent one is defeated, or there is a timer, when the next wave steps into the battleground, regardless, if the recent wave is cleared ot not.

After that your constellation of heroes, your names and your score are placed on a scoreboard for others to beat that record. This would be hell of fun, too (for me).

BananaBlighter
05-06-2018, 03:26 PM
I would love either a 4v4 siege mode or 3v3v3 mode with teams composed of Vikings, Knight and Samurai. I don't want any gamemode with more that 10 people in one match though.

Illyrian_King
05-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Me personally I am not really restricted on the player numbers ... a 4vs4 Siege would be also great. For me just the stuff I can do in the mode itself counts.

Ianoneshot
05-06-2018, 11:58 PM
I'm hyped for E3 too!

Apparently they will also show another cinematic animation!

Also, SIEGE MODE PLEASE! (fun fact: some people in the Amino want a battle royale game. Obviously they don't know how much that will go against the current game).

Illyrian_King
05-07-2018, 12:29 PM
I'm hyped for E3 too!

Apparently they will also show another cinematic animation!

Also, SIEGE MODE PLEASE! (fun fact: some people in the Amino want a battle royale game. Obviously they don't know how much that will go against the current game).

Hahaha we already had some kind of Battle Royal during the Winter Event on that ice lake in Svengard.

WE NEED SIEGE!

Shallow-sorrow
05-07-2018, 04:43 PM
I hope to see a copy of a large collaborative PVE story in E3. I think this is needed!

Orisoll
05-07-2018, 06:33 PM
I have a couple theories for potential new modes.

One is the oft mentioned 8v8 PvP siege, mostly because players have been asking for it since before launch, but also because Ubi recently asked for feedback on how to solve the deathball meta. That could just be a coincidence, but to me it seems like they were looking for creative solutions to make larger battles work without just turning into massive gankfests. Such a mode would be a great place to use a lot of the lesser seen mechanics/units, like archers, captains, roaming minions, etc.

The other is a co-op horde survival mode that utilizes a separate progression/unlock system. Remember story feats? They have an entire sub menu dedicated to them, which seems like an odd choice if they aren't going to be used for anything other than story mode reruns. The survival mode could give extra loot depending on how long you hold out, and could certainly spawn some interesting metas around more tanky characters.

I'm also wondering if one of the new heroes might be a Knight with a sword and heavy shield, like the statues on Citadel Gate and The Shard.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's next for For Honor, especially since we know it's getting the Rainbow Six treatment now.

Illyrian_King
05-07-2018, 07:45 PM
I have a couple theories for potential new modes.

One is the oft mentioned 8v8 PvP siege, mostly because players have been asking for it since before launch, but also because Ubi recently asked for feedback on how to solve the deathball meta. That could just be a coincidence, but to me it seems like they were looking for creative solutions to make larger battles work without just turning into massive gankfests. Such a mode would be a great place to use a lot of the lesser seen mechanics/units, like archers, captains, roaming minions, etc.

This honestly never came to my mind, but it seems very logically as you mention!

Might easily be, because Ubi oftenly hinted upcoming stuff.

I hope soooo much it's going to be Siege Mode with a whole lot of objectives, new mechanics, minions and more possible outcomes then Dominion!

I'm also wondering if one of the new heroes might be a Knight with a sword and heavy shield, like the statues on Citadel Gate and The Shard.

Knight with Sowrd&SHield and also Viking with Axe&Shield have both been very anticipated Heroes so who knows ... I just hope they finished their trip with Heroes from Rome, Scottland or anything else that isn't knights/vikings/samurai

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's next for For Honor, especially since we know it's getting the Rainbow Six treatment now.

This one really made me singing and clapping in my room for several minutes :rolleyes:

HazelrahFirefly
05-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Not to be a bummer... but I think the Rainbow Six treatment might be a bluff. I worry still that the game is being strung along to see if it survives with minimal effort.

If it does after a while, and continue to gain players, then perhaps it will gain true momentum from Ubisoft.

PDXGorechild
05-08-2018, 09:58 AM
One is the oft mentioned 8v8 PvP siege, mostly because players have been asking for it since before launch, but also because Ubi recently asked for feedback on how to solve the deathball meta. That could just be a coincidence, but to me it seems like they were looking for creative solutions to make larger battles work without just turning into massive gankfests. Such a mode would be a great place to use a lot of the lesser seen mechanics/units, like archers, captains, roaming minions, etc..

This makes sense.

@Whoever said you don't release a new game mode at E3 - This could be a massive opportunity to lure in new players. Opening at E3 with a cinematic of the siege game mode everyone has been banging on about for the last year could be epic. It would appeal to a different target audience, whilst giving all the existing players something to get excited about.

Illyrian_King
05-08-2018, 11:45 AM
This makes sense.

@Whoever said you don't release a new game mode at E3 - This could be a massive opportunity to lure in new players. Opening at E3 with a cinematic of the siege game mode everyone has been banging on about for the last year could be epic. It would appeal to a different target audience, whilst giving all the existing players something to get excited about.

For Honor has everything it needs to attract players, who enjoy little combat, but drastically lacks in huge battles so many people are shouting for.

I don't know what would better fill the room with applause at the E3, then some cool cinematics about Sieges and introductions into some new mechanics with impressive background. You can't attract new players by showing them some Heroes they don't have any link to, but you lock their eyes on the screen if you show them impressive scenarios and gameplay.

Ubi should really take the opportunity!

Capoupacap
05-08-2018, 01:49 PM
I have two theories :

1) of course a siege mode ! the game fits so well with the ambiance....What would medieval time be without castle attack :p

2) the "Games of Apollyon"! I'm still dreaming of this big mix up of Duel, FFA mixup in a very big roman arena with trumpet and drums, the noise of the public. There's so much that can be done in a gladiators game spirit. Like the siege, couple of gameplay were introduce to campaign (specially the viking boss with his wolves). A team vs PVE could really be interesting if really challenging !

Rikuto01.tv
05-09-2018, 07:34 AM
I don't believe 8v8 will happen simply because console memory limitations. Until recently they couldn't even allow people to equip more than two executions because of that reason.

Slamming four extra players into a game doesn't seem likely.

And I doubt they would give PC version that kind of exclusive mode... FH already gets a bad reputation for some very silly reasons, and the gaming "journalists" have shown they are more than happy to spin any kind of news in a negative way as far as this game is concerned. Pulling such a move would be a fine way of shooting oneself in the foot.

GeneraISoIo
05-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Praying so freaking hard it is bigger modes!!!! 6v6 or 8v8. I agree with others, they can give me 50 more heroes and it wont be enough to bring me back into the fold enough to actually give them money again, aka keep the game going. I think we can all agree, bigger modes have been shouted out the top of our lungs since day one. I am really hoping it is bigger modes. I already have enough heroes that I can still perfect and improve on. Modes to get me back into the game however, are in dire need. BIGGER MODES!!!!!!

Illyrian_King
05-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Praying so freaking hard it is bigger modes!!!! 6v6 or 8v8. I agree with others, they can give me 50 more heroes and it wont be enough to bring me back into the fold enough to actually give them money again, aka keep the game going. I think we can all agree, bigger modes have been shouted out the top of our lungs since day one. I am really hoping it is bigger modes. I already have enough heroes that I can still perfect and improve on. Modes to get me back into the game however, are in dire need. BIGGER MODES!!!!!!

Of course, because Heroes bring new movesets, but it remains the very same match experience. As long as there are not new things and especially BIGGER things I can do in the game, it doesn't seriously improve my gaming experience. This game need more core mechanics and so the match can have more outcomes instead of a 100% linear Dominion match, which is a shame to be the biggest mode in a game with such a good fighting system like FH.