PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thought PK didn't need a rework?

Vrbas1
05-04-2018, 02:26 AM
Or at the very least, she was NOT priority when you look at some of the other under-cast heroes.

After watching the dev stream, it looks like they're just giving PK some of Shaman's kit - which DEAR GOD we don't need anymore of. I may be in the minority here, but I thought PK needed some legitimate damage and/or speed adjustments given her spammability with certain moves. Instead we got soft cancels into more bleed and a kit modifier that REINFORCES her already abused zone attack. I'm struggling to make sense of all this.

**EDIT**
Yes, I'm aware they nerfed several of her move's damage values. But they in-turn gave her a more aggressive, attack-frequency kit. So plainly put, while we won't be taking "as much" damage-per-hit as before (unless you count bleed stack), we'll be getting bullied/nickle-and-dime'd way more often... I'm not sure which is worse.

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2018, 02:38 AM
Honestly a bunch of your post is hyperbole, they have far from given the peacekeeper parts of the shaman's kit. If you mean the dagger cancel, that is more comparable to stunning tap without the stun, it certainly isn't an omnidirectional cancel, all it does is make it so that if they were going to block the original heavy they don't automatically block the dagger cancel which is how it was. Cancelling out of finishers she had before timesnap was removed so that's nothing that wasn't there before and she trades the ability to stack bleed better for a (needed, I'll give you) nerf on damage numbers pretty much all across the board, some of them quite heavy.

She needed nerfs on her attacks, personally I think speed should have been nerfed rather than damage outside of the bleed to allow for the extra stacking, the issue was they couldn't just nerf her without giving her something which the returned functionality of her dodges and the dagger cancel being potentially improved some helps with. They made their case for her getting a rework a few weeks ago in that she needed toning down but going as far as they needed to changing nothing else would have broken her.

While I agree others could perhaps have used a rework, what I am surprised with is how many people consider it a shock, the people who know this soon after evidently watch the stream, the devs said the last patch notes stream that peacekeeper was likely to have some changes and they flat out stated it in their state of balance blog. Personally I don't think she has been changed enough because while it might take longer to kill people, zone and light spam will still be a viable option. This was more of a balance pass than a rework and bear in mind they have said there is more balance stuff coming in patch notes next week which could mean some get changes on the level nobushi and highlander did last season.

RenegadeTX2000
05-04-2018, 02:41 AM
I like it, the nerf/buff thing. I still think she's a top 3.. actually i dunno, damage nerf, but the stack bleed buff. I have to... actually, that zone looks good event though 5 damage nerf, you can either just cancel straight up or go for top or follow through with zone. I want to know how early you can cancel and how quickly you can react to the mix up of those 2 options.

I still think PK is a top duelist still.

Orochi is tricky but I think PK still has it over him. The option select zone and the speed of zone is still intact. Still great. didn't really lose "options." just gave her more options. May actually need more testing to see who's king of 1v1.

Something in my head is telling me PK is still #1 but i'm not confident with the pick.

HazelrahFirefly
05-04-2018, 02:42 AM
It's funny, in a stream I was watching a minute ago the entire 100+ viewers seemed to be laughing at how big a nerf the PK got.

I tried to tell them that she got tweaked, some thing better and some worse, but they wouldn't hear it. Shrug.

I think that the PK did need changing, but not because she was bad. She was/is boring.

RenegadeTX2000
05-04-2018, 02:46 AM
lol... PK is still amazing. Still in the S tier. I just don't know if she can handle Conq or Berserker...

And I'm absolutely confident Conqueror will counter Orochi since his zone still can cover every option Orochi goes for and since his counter strikes can't be cancelled into Guard Break as quickly, Conqueror won't be exposed to being opened when he goes for his All Guard maneuver Vs Orochis new mix ups.

hmm, interesting though. I still think pk/zerker/conq are the top dogs though in dueling still. I just don't know who's #1.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-04-2018, 02:51 AM
I think it's about time they made the dagger cancel not complete garbage that made no sense to ever use.