PDA

View Full Version : Shaman

The_Wanderer_I
05-03-2018, 04:06 AM
She needs to be nerfed. She still op on console

Charmzzz
05-03-2018, 08:19 AM
What exactly is "OP" on her in your opinion?

CptMatsumaru
05-03-2018, 09:51 AM
She needs to be nerfed. She still op on console

Let me guess. You came across a player who in this case was a shaman who could play his hero well. You lost mercilessly and now he is OP. right?

Alustar.
05-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I love threads like this. As of the statement alone is fact and should be treated as such with nothing of merit in it at all. Go play shaman, then tell us how OP she is.

HazelrahFirefly
05-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Shaman used to be OP. She's just fine now, and frankly, not a single player I've ever seen can use her as well as a level 3 bot.

I have 13 reps in her and the majority certainly seem to know how to handle her now. I admit in the beginning (I started her late in S4, after the nerfs because of nerd standards) i could now through people, but by now i have to be as patient and clever as al other heroes.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Platform is irrelevant. There are plenty of good players on console who react to pretty much anything you do.
Explain what you think is wrong with Shaman at the moment.

HazelrahFirefly
05-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Platform is irrelevant. There are plenty of good players on console who react to pretty much anything you do.
Explain what you think is wrong with Shaman at the moment.

I have one... in the opposite direction:

Her damn headbutt still often doesn't guarantee a light attack afterward like it's supposed to. It actually needs fixing to improve her.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2018, 03:23 PM
I have one... in the opposite direction:

Her damn headbutt still often doesn't guarantee a light attack afterward like it's supposed to. It actually needs fixing to improve her.

It's probably a combination of terrain (literally if the ground isn't 100% flat it causes things to whiff) you inputting movement during the headbutt, the distance the headbutt knocks the person, and the fact that (unless they fixed this and I missed it) if the person you're headbutting starts moving foward when he's about to be hit or is already moving forward when you headbutt them it pushes them too far away.

I don't see them fixing terrain but they can probably fix the last thing I mentioned and nerf the distance headbutt knocks someone to make it much more consistent.

HazelrahFirefly
05-03-2018, 04:36 PM
They actually already nerfed the distance it pushes, but I think they flubbed it. Or rather, I think there's still a bug there in which they get pushed too far.

BTTrinity
05-03-2018, 04:43 PM
The only thing I think is OP about Shaman (This is coming from someone who hates her design more than anything in this game) is her throw distance combo'd with guaranteed bash after throw.... (Not sure if they fixed it yet) but also her bugged gap closer indicators...

The most recent change they did to her, really helps a lot.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2018, 04:45 PM
They actually already nerfed the distance it pushes, but I think they flubbed it. Or rather, I think there's still a bug there in which they get pushed too far.

they did? hmm. must be the issue of the person walking towards you is still present then. I have noticed far less whiffs after a headbutt. but it still happens for me.

Arekonator
05-03-2018, 05:22 PM
The only thing I think is OP about Shaman (This is coming from someone who hates her design more than anything in this game) is her throw distance combo'd with guaranteed bash after throw....
Pretty much, she can still throw you farther than warlord and that is just wrong. Because its two moves and not one, she also gets guaranteed second chance to ledge if you get say stuck on edge of railings. The overal throw+bash distance is still bit too high, she should not be able to move you around as well as clases that are based around it. I dont really have more issues with her though.