PDA

View Full Version : Shinobis recovery time is awful

ItBeJUSTICE1
05-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Shinobiís dodge recovery time needs a buff. I mean why the most dodge oriented hero can dodge and be followed by any hero and guard broken without being able to counter is not only dumb but unbalanced. Iím not saying give him the best recovery time Iím sayin he needs to be able to avoid free heavies that can happen constantly when his health is still as low as it is. Which I enjoy his heath where itís at now btw. He just needs tweaking done all around not all buffs but he still definitely needs some

Trenk2009
05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
So:

1) Shino side dashes got 600 ms recovery which is perfectly fine. It's not the best 500ms of PK and Shaman, but lot of others have 700ms ones. He is in the middle. Considering however that he got a double dodge property (double the I-frames) and the fact that it's linkable with a pretty safe kick, 600 is good enough.

2) Shino mobility is one of the greatest safety tool of the game and is not composed only by his dashes but also by his backflip, which is one of the strongest defensive tool ever, able to put shino to safety after any missed attack and in most of the cases.

3) His foward dash recovery may be long compared to others but his kick recovery is close to inexistant, so much so that an Orochi reacting to a kick with a slightly delayed dashing light can be blocked and even parried in some cases.

In conclusion: Asking for the shino to get even safer is quite a odd thing to ask considering how strong the Shinobi already is defensively. Great wake up timings, overall strong damages, long ranged attacks, very correct offense, best mobility in the game Without a doubt an A tier hero right now. I don't know how you manage to get heavied because of your dash recovery so I may suggest to get better.

We.the.North
05-02-2018, 11:29 PM
2) Shino mobility is one of the greatest safety tool of the game

True and False. Rep 50 shinobi here.

While it is true Shinobi's ability to dodge is great, it doesn't build up revenge. In fact, even in revenge gear, a Shinobi will barely even get to proc revenge. With 110 hp, you'll often find yourself just on the verge of procing revenge with your last 30 hp just to receive a single heavy for 40+ damage taking everything away.

Other characters seems to either build up revenge faster and / or have more hp and / or have better defensive feats. As a result, those character doing "normal block" and "external block" will proc revenge and thus, get the defensive shield and defense bonus.

Shinobi ability to dodge is nice, but it's extremely far from being a "good defense". Shinobi are still squishy flies.

It's not the best 500ms of PK and Shaman,

On paper, Shaman looks like Pk ... but after 50 rep of trying to ranged GB shaman in her recovery frames, it's near impossible. Shamans instantly recovers, end of story. There is no range guardbreaking her, ever.

It's as bad as trying to ranged guardbreak an Aramusha spamming.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Shinobi’s dodge recovery time needs a buff. I mean why the most dodge oriented hero can dodge and be followed by any hero and guard broken without being able to counter is not only dumb but unbalanced. I’m not saying give him the best recovery time I’m sayin he needs to be able to avoid free heavies that can happen constantly when his health is still as low as it is. Which I enjoy his heath where it’s at now btw. He just needs tweaking done all around not all buffs but he still definitely needs some

Everyone has the same back dash recovery now. Shinobi has a side dash recovery of 600ms. Which is on par with most heros and better than some others. There are only 4 other heros in the game that have a quicker side dodge recovery. Warden, Shaman, Aramusha and Peacekeeper. all at 500ms on side dodge. 600ms dodge recovery allows you to escape pretty much anything in the game sans a handful of things. So his dodge recovery is fine.

If you're double dashing in the same direction you can't be GBed. you can only be GBed in start up. Like everyone else. That's more than fair considering you can change direction of your dodges and because of said double dodge you have a farther distance you cover. Tehnically speaking quad dash still exists which is even safer. On top of this Shinobi has the ability to back flip after any landed or whiffed attack. Majority of the heros in the game can't punish his back flip. And if they whiff an attack in attempts to punish you that's a free ranged guard break in a majority of situations. Shinobi also is in favor if he's guard broken at range as well. Because unless the person you're fighting is really good and knows what attack to not do you'll get a free GB on them during wake up.

Shinobi's lights are also really good at halting people's offense. The only thing shinobi really lacks is his own offense. But he's incredibly safe and his damage profile is pretty strong. PK in my opinion is the only hero in the game who can be safer than him and has equal if not better damage profile wise in most instances. If you're being guard broken as shinobi quite often then you're playing too predictably.