PDA

View Full Version : How was FH one year ago and how it is now

Capoupacap
05-02-2018, 11:33 AM
One year ago, I totally had enough of FH and all the disappointment it has brought... This first opus will remain for me as the biggest fail in Ubisoft release!

I just reconnect my game yesterday and discover that all the main request from the community has been released (I still wait for my Roman arena :p), and for that, I think we have to recognize that Ubi Montreal has made a hell of a job :) ;)

A year too late :(

I really hope that a second opus will born one day and that all the disappointment that has bring this version won't hold Ubisoft management to support a second release.

I was wondering if Ubisoft could consider to put some title in the Xbox Game Pass, or the PS4 version, to support their oldest title :) (it's a joke)

IAmOddGirl
05-02-2018, 08:48 PM
To be fair not one video game I have ever played was free of issues, some of which were even gamebreaking. Dark Souls 1 and 2 really were jam packed with bugs, but I still played it. Since Alpha I've been head of heels for "For Honor". The P2P connection and the unlock tech were the only two main issues I had with the game back then.

YuBiShiGouShi
05-03-2018, 12:38 AM
All the core problems with this game 1 year ago still exist today.

1. 1v1 is nothing but a turtle competition
2. 1v1 doesn't have very many players because of #2
3. #1 and #2 cause everyone to play 4v4
4. 4v4 is nothing but a gank fest
5. 4v4 is a gank fest because of the games awful mechanics
6. Because of its awful mechanics people cheese the game. The number one problem with the mechanics in 4v4 is that all it takes is one person to guard break you and when they do, even if you do counter, you're now left open for free attacks because of the recovery time on animations.
7. Revenge - This mechanic was put in to help counter being ganked. Problem is now it causes a turtle meta because people don't want to give the revenge buff. So they chose the simple answer to this by Nerfing revenge to make it completely useless.
8. Hyper armor gets abused because it gives free attacks so players just use it to their advantage. Prime example of this is the Shugoki players just wait you to attack so they can get a free guard break on you. Berserkers feint their heavy into a quick light so they get that free hit on you. Warlord waits for you to attack so he gets a free hit on you. Hyper armor is nothing more than the developers/designers being non-creative and talented or even thinking outside the box.
9. Still a large amount of disconnects specially on Console even when you have a open(green) NAT. Although it's not as bad as it was.
10. Almost no balancing in this game when it comes to 4v4. That's why you see a lot of teams with 4 centurions or Gladiators so they can spam kicks and stuns on you because you're locked to problem # 4,5 and 6.

There's a reason this game doesn't get any promotion among streamers and youtubers because of these problems and because we live in a digital age, you can't deny that if a game doesn't have a great streamer/youtube following then the game will not be as successful. That's why all the big name players stopped playing this game andthat's why Fortnite is so successful because of streamers like KingRichard, Ninja, Doc and I'm sure there is a 100 more to go with them. With all of this said if the For Honor team doesn't address these core problems in the next game then Ubisoft is just better off spending that money on buying the rest of their company back(which I think they're already starting to do).

On a closing note: Why hasn't the developers implemented a system like Siege where you can only have 1 specific hero per team? That way you won't have lobbies full of Centurions, Warloads, Lawbringers and Raiders that just run around spamming you off ledges. For honor is clearly a game that they thought was good on paper but because of the politics of business, the game was rushed to be finished and these issues that I mentioned were not thought through enough.

PDXGorechild
05-03-2018, 01:19 PM
All the core problems with this game 1 year ago still exist today.

1. 1v1 is nothing but a turtle competition
2. 1v1 doesn't have very many players because of #2
3. #1 and #2 cause everyone to play 4v4
4. 4v4 is nothing but a gank fest
5. 4v4 is a gank fest because of the games awful mechanics
6. Because of its awful mechanics people cheese the game. The number one problem with the mechanics in 4v4 is that all it takes is one person to guard break you and when they do, even if you do counter, you're now left open for free attacks because of the recovery time on animations.
7. Revenge - This mechanic was put in to help counter being ganked. Problem is now it causes a turtle meta because people don't want to give the revenge buff. So they chose the simple answer to this by Nerfing revenge to make it completely useless.
8. Hyper armor gets abused because it gives free attacks so players just use it to their advantage. Prime example of this is the Shugoki players just wait you to attack so they can get a free guard break on you. Berserkers feint their heavy into a quick light so they get that free hit on you. Warlord waits for you to attack so he gets a free hit on you. Hyper armor is nothing more than the developers/designers being non-creative and talented or even thinking outside the box.
9. Still a large amount of disconnects specially on Console even when you have a open(green) NAT. Although it's not as bad as it was.
10. Almost no balancing in this game when it comes to 4v4. That's why you see a lot of teams with 4 centurions or Gladiators so they can spam kicks and stuns on you because you're locked to problem # 4,5 and 6.

There's a reason this game doesn't get any promotion among streamers and youtubers because of these problems and because we live in a digital age, you can't deny that if a game doesn't have a great streamer/youtube following then the game will not be as successful. That's why all the big name players stopped playing this game andthat's why Fortnite is so successful because of streamers like KingRichard, Ninja, Doc and I'm sure there is a 100 more to go with them. With all of this said if the For Honor team doesn't address these core problems in the next game then Ubisoft is just better off spending that money on buying the rest of their company back(which I think they're already starting to do).

On a closing note: Why hasn't the developers implemented a system like Siege where you can only have 1 specific hero per team? That way you won't have lobbies full of Centurions, Warloads, Lawbringers and Raiders that just run around spamming you off ledges. For honor is clearly a game that they thought was good on paper but because of the politics of business, the game was rushed to be finished and these issues that I mentioned were not thought through enough.

This is the biggest over-exaggeration I've read on these forums. You've literally just picked the worse case scenario of every situation and implied that it is commonplace.

1. I play 1v1 a fair bit and it's much less of a turtle competition than it used to be. Some players still play very defensively, but most classes have ways of punishing this behaviour and making it less viable. Personally I love cracking open turtles on my Berserker.
2. 1v1 has enough players on console to ensure you can play one game after the other all day long. I can't speak for PC, but I never, ever have trouble finding opponents or waiting ages for duels, or any game mode as a matter of fact.
3. Most people play 4v4 anyway, it's sold as a team based game. Pretty sure Dominion is the top pick for any game that includes it as a game mode.
4. Dominion has trouble with ganking, this is a problem they are just about getting around to fixing. Fingers crossed they come up with a good solution soon.
5. Some mechanics make ganking a lot easier, hopefully they'll address these as well.
6. People who cheese, or "Lamers" as I call them do exist. Personally I don't spam the same attacks, ledge people constantly or repeat the same combo/set of moves over and over, but you'll always find players who do. In any game. If it helps you win, some players are bound to abuse that.
7. Revenge works well most of the time. It's had an up and down journey since release but it pretty essential to help you survive ganks and works pretty well against 2 or sometimes 3 opponents. You've gotta know how to use it properly. It's not perfect but may change to provide better anti-gank properties.
8. Hyper armour is a valid part of the game. Some classes use this mechanic in order to trade blows, with Berserker being the most prominent. This is to fit in with his style of being a relentless attacker. Highlander gets it as he's super slow. etc. The classes who have it have other weaknesses. Mechanics like this give the game more flavour and diversity. You've gotta think "I'm happy to go toe-to-toe with that Nobushi, but i'd better avoid doing it against that Berserker or i'll come out worse off".
9. I took a break as dedicated servers were released and i've now been back about 2 weeks. Haven't had one disconnect in that whole time (PS4, playing several hours a night during peak time)
10. I very rarely see a team with 4 of any class on it. Less than 10 times total and i've been playing this game since release. I suppose it's fairly common to see 2 of the same class. Most players including myself don't see it as a huge problem. If you don't like it, play ranked mode, duels or brawls.

Most of your concerns are based around ganking in 4v4, which the team have stated the dev's are working toward fixing. If you follow a few simple rules yourself and work with your team, you can avoid ganking situations most of the time anyway.

Hammelsneid
05-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Every cherrypicker seems to be on the eternal quest for the "perfect game" like it was an perfect logical calculation, which has no weak points whatsoever nowadays. For Honor is awesome as it is, and for a first time project of it's kind of THIS size and ambition (I know there were others, too) it is even more awesome, what it has grown up to over one year and I'm looking forward the future. And believe me, I suck at For Honor, when it comes to play against the "good" players, so me being a "always winning player" isn't an argument to throw at me.

But this mentality applies to so many other things, which are common nowadays. Customers (players) aren't no more the happy folks, waiting for another awesome game, that looks great, feels great, plays great, and is maybe populated by players, who are better than themselves, but hey, it's ok. Nowadays it's more like: Even if they were served a golden goose with diamond eyes, ruby beak and sapphire feet for a more than acceptable price they still complain, because the goose isn't a duck, which they would like much more, because the diamonds arent on the feet and the rubys not in the eyes and man, the plate sucks, too, why is it silver and not platin, man I payed 50 bucks for that and it doesn't even nearly fit my personal, individual expectations. Shi**y game, downvote, the studio should die, I wasted my 800 hours playing that game.

We need to get back to times, where we weren't that spoiled and self entitled professional game critics and apprecietated a game like this like the holy grail being thankful to be able to play it for years for the same amount of money other games lasted a few days after release for.

OF COURSE here and there is room for plenty optimizations, but it's not the duty of the devs to deliver a product designed for the specific needs of every single player. They deliver a product, what they thought, would be great, and our turn is to appreciate it or not, play it or not. The communication nowadays (thanks to the holy internet) to recieve feedback and to push a game in a certain direction of the majority's opinion is just a bonus, not a service, the devs owe us.

I love For Honor since the launch, I hated For Honor many times (mostly bc I suck sometimes), I felt a bit ripped of too at the beginning (because of the lack of communication regarding the season pass, but looking back, it's completely fine and I was wrong), I laughed, I cried, I had fun, I made friends, I had, have and will have a so darn good time with this game for hopefully many years.. and all of this just for about 50 to 70 bucks recommended retail price.

Sorry.. this kind of threads always gets me xD

PDXGorechild
05-03-2018, 03:16 PM
@Hammelsneid hear hear!

HazelrahFirefly
05-03-2018, 04:51 PM
To be fair, the game definitely does still have problems.

It's true that Dominion is almost always a gank fest because its poorly designed. I also don't know where the idea that they are going to address it soon came from. If it changes at all in 2018 I will be surprised.

The lag was always an annoying issue and still is. Even with the recent change it is still meh.

Capoupacap
05-03-2018, 04:57 PM
well all least the forum hasn't change :D

YuBiShiGouShi
05-07-2018, 01:29 AM
The game is still garbage and will always be garbage. A year later and they still haven't fixed ganking. Instead of fixing ganking they go and make it worse. Now all 4v4 is full of people spamming unblockables and stuns. The game is awful when it comes to balancing 4v4. The only way they will fix 4v4 is to complete revamp the game and at the point that might as well make a new game. The reason they won't do that is because they know it won't sell. Unblockables, toe stab, feats, and stuns is what makes ganking the worst. It causes there to not be the option of clutching the match. It's why feats need to be disabled when a team is breaking. There also needs to be diminishing returns because as it is now players just spam unblockables and stun and the player on the receiving end just has to eat. If you don't agree than just make a private match with full Gladiator/Highlander and see how much you realize how poorly thought through this game truely is.

SHRiIVIP
05-07-2018, 04:23 AM
The game is still garbage and will always be garbage. A year later and they still haven't fixed ganking. Instead of fixing ganking they go and make it worse. Now all 4v4 is full of people spamming unblockables and stuns. The game is awful when it comes to balancing 4v4. The only way they will fix 4v4 is to complete revamp the game and at the point that might as well make a new game. The reason they won't do that is because they know it won't sell. Unblockables, toe stab, feats, and stuns is what makes ganking the worst. It causes there to not be the option of clutching the match. It's why feats need to be disabled when a team is breaking. There also needs to be diminishing returns because as it is now players just spam unblockables and stun and the player on the receiving end just has to eat. If you don't agree than just make a private match with full Gladiator/Highlander and see how much you realize how poorly thought through this game truely is.

The argument you keep making about ganking is honestly a really stupid one. If the option for unblockables were taken away any and every mode would a steaming turd of a turtle fest. How else could open someone up who doesn't decide to do anything but wait you out? No one in their right mind wants a game where the person who does the least gets rewarded the most, especially in game designed around close quarters fighting. If you really have that big of a problem with dodging and parrying unblockables then play against level 3 bots until you don't anymore. Otherwise you whining about being bad.

YuBiShiGouShi
05-07-2018, 04:55 AM
You don't have a problem with because you probably don't play this game unless you have 3 of you ****-holsters with you to help you gank. If that is the case then that only proves my point even more. This game doesn't support the lone-ranger player in 4v4 which is bad game design. I assure you there is nothing you can say that I can't find an example as to why this game is terrible when it comes to 4v4. If this game is so good then tell my why none of the streamers that helped promote it are no longer playing and have the exact same complaints. You're just a fanboy to ubisoft and you should start asking them to pay you because you know as well as I do this game is broken. About you statement about just dodge...well even spamming dodge is pointless because of the tracking on Highlander and shaman. The tracking in this game is another major problem but since this forum seems to be full of nothing but fanboys that ride the totem polls of the developers I just keep my mouth shut while the rest of the world is laugh at of you who are so willing to throw your money as such garbage products but I guess when you have your parents credit cards than you don't have to question what you're getting for you money.

SHRiIVIP
05-07-2018, 05:59 AM
You don't have a problem with because you probably don't play this game unless you have 3 of you ****-holsters with you to help you gank. If that is the case then that only proves my point even more. This game doesn't support the lone-ranger player in 4v4 which is bad game design. I assure you there is nothing you can say that I can't find an example as to why this game is terrible when it comes to 4v4. If this game is so good then tell my why none of the streamers that helped promote it are no longer playing and have the exact same complaints. You're just a fanboy to ubisoft and you should start asking them to pay you because you know as well as I do this game is broken. About you statement about just dodge...well even spamming dodge is pointless because of the tracking on Highlander and shaman. The tracking in this game is another major problem but since this forum seems to be full of nothing but fanboys that ride the totem polls of the developers I just keep my mouth shut while the rest of the world is laugh at of you who are so willing to throw your money as such garbage products but I guess when you have your parents credit cards than you don't have to question what you're getting for you money.

Any game that has the option to constantly update, will. No game will ever be perfect and you need pull your head out of your *** for more than two seconds to understand that. Now onto to tracking. The fact that you can't properly time dodges is once again your fault, not the games. I mean really you're keeping your mouth shut by whining on the forums? That's your definition of keeping quiet? It sounds like you need a dictionary as much as you need a tutorial on For Honor.

You're spouting some next level unoriginal drivel. Not everyone who isn't as massively butt hurt as you are is automatically a fanboy who agrees with any and all decisions by Ubi. You want to laugh at everyone playing For Honor, then be my guest and go laugh your way to another game. Literally no one will miss you or care that you're gone. Or you can continue to post on a forum of a "broken game" that by all intents and purposes from your reaction you should have nothing to do with anymore. But here you are crying all the same. Git gud kid.

SpaceJim12
05-07-2018, 09:51 AM
The fact that you can't properly time dodges is once again your fault, not the games.

Well, while timings in every single match could be different due to latency, this is game fault. I can dodge anything on the arena, but I see so many times how HL just turn 100 degrees to grab me AFTER my dodge.
And while I have no trouble to dodge this on the arena, I can't see why in game it's always 50/50 chance. It's microlags problem.
And from some time I thinks something broken on code level, cause game engine just can't properly handle inputs and outputs for 8 people that interact with each other.