PDA

View Full Version : Getting 1v1s against Brand New People???

IAmOddGirl
05-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Im rep 108 overall..I really don't like getting matched against these rep 10 kinda players..I feel so.....scummy for it..lol PLus the duels take longer because i try to give them as many chances as I can

DrinkinMyStella
05-01-2018, 11:24 AM
They will get better by playing better people or quit the game lol. I think the MM should be a bit more strict. Im constantly getting MM against rep 20 or less in 1v1 2v2 and 4v4.

IAmOddGirl
05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
when they are out of stamina and fall for the heavy feint every single time," Awwww look at the wittle guy awww so cuuuuute."

Arekonator
05-01-2018, 12:16 PM
I disagree,
When the skill gap is too wide, they wont learn anything, unless the more experienced player go out of his way and teach them.
Odds are, they will get destroyed so hard they wont even get a chance to realize what went wrong, so they wont improve.

IAmOddGirl
05-01-2018, 12:21 PM
I disagree,
When the skill gap is too wide, they wont learn anything, unless the more experienced player go out of his way and teach them.
Odds are, they will get destroyed so hard they wont even get a chance to realize what went wrong, so they wont improve.

In duel I don't go too hard if they are pretty noobish..Idc what character it is too. I'll feint my heavy for example when they are OOS then do my overhead and feint it before killing them just to show them what could've happened then Ill give them another change at full stamina. Or when they are OOS i just back off and let them recharge. Im also always sure to send them a message afterwards with encouragement.

DrinkinMyStella
05-01-2018, 12:29 PM
I put them out their misery quickly because its not my fault the MM failed them. Im not going to quit the match for the sake of their pride, beat them quick then move on :)

Alustar.
05-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I've got to side with the school of hard knocks. Regardless of how wide the skill gap is, you won't be driven to become better if you aren't challenged by your betters. And if you give up because of the other players beating you to a pulp and it upsets you, that's a combination of blind ego making you think you were better than you are, and reality showing you just how wrong that preconceived notion was. They are called skill caps for a reason. There is nothing wrong, morally speaking, with showing your opponent where the line in the sand is.
Bottom line, if they get upset and leave in a tiff, that's less players trying to force the game to revolve around their skill level. However, if they stick it out and become better, dare I say top ranked? That's another person able to give at least some form of constructive feedback based on having learned the skills needed to play.

Vakris_One
05-01-2018, 02:49 PM
You can only learn from fighting someone that's relatively close to your skill level. A noobie being destroyed by a veteran in 30 seconds teaches them nothing about what to do or what the veteran did to win so fast because the noobie doesn't know enough about the game yet.

When I've happened upon new players in 1v1 I've always tried to teach them what they shouldn't do and show them how it results in being punished, instead of annihilating them as fast as I can just because I can.

DrinkinMyStella
05-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I don't have time to teach new players how to play unless friends of mine. to teach some one how to play is youtubes job, to teach someone how to react to other players now thats something only time and dedication and training arena can teach. I mean yeah I can help tell others what to be careful about when playing against different heroes but it all comes down to reading your opponent and having quick reactions. it took me at least year to have quick enough reflexes to counter guard break efficiently, so new players will only learn by being put in the deep end. I had about 6months off and it was like learning a knew game again and I just had to accept that i'm going to get a whooping and then eventually my reactions will come back.

CandleInTheDark
05-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Some of it depends on player skill though. In my case I have 900 hours on xbox, I have just gotten the game on PC having gotten a laptop that can run triple a games and am using the story mode as a means of getting used to the controls (though I have a wireless adapter as a backup just in case), while I am not A tier by any means, I would expect to be at the level I am on xbox before rep 10.

Knight_Raime
05-01-2018, 06:56 PM
I think in that instance it's fine. it's when someone like me who's rep 21 gets matched with a rep 0 and only a few levels into said hero is a problem. especially when the screen says "skill is on par with your enemy." No. it isn't. you haven't had the data yet to determine that players skill.