PDA

View Full Version : When is Conq going to get nerf ?

Trenk2009
04-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Like seriously nerfed ?

Delyable shield bash with insane tracking and virtually unpunishable by 9/10th of the cast
Best game selects ever, neglecting 95% of any mixup
100% guessing game with 0 patter since everything wan be followed by everything
Most cancerous stamina draining ever
Delayable fast lights even hard to block sometimes

This is just ridiculous.

TatoRezo
04-30-2018, 01:26 PM
I strongly disagree. He gets heavilly punished by dodging attacks and you can always roll

Trenk2009
04-30-2018, 02:16 PM
I strongly disagree. He gets heavilly punished by dodging attacks and you can always roll

"Dodging attack" --' ... What's your global rep score man ?

Alos let's ge tthis out of the way: "rolling away" isn't a viable answer to anything. If a move can only be countered by rolling then the move is unbalanced. Period.

Trenk2009
04-30-2018, 02:18 PM

My bad I already have my answer. You are rep 9.

Not that I want to be rude or anything, but your opinion is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Not to mention you only play conq and raider, which is one the only char able to get a gb out of a shield bash dodge.

TatoRezo
04-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Yes, I have played for like 100 hours only. 5 reps as a raider when the game was launched and came back now. And started with Conq.

after 30 hours of playing conqueror, I can say that my shieldbashes and combos associated with it get countered and punished by MANY characters including Warden, Highlander, Gladiator, Shaman, Shinobi, Orochi, Kensei, Centurion, Berserker, Aramusha. One solution is dashing back and GB, the other is going for a light/heavy side after you get hit after a bash, and the other is sidedash attacks.
I don't know the terms as I'm locked to russian language unfortunately. And I do play other fighting games (and this is in its core a fighting game) so ya don't be such a bigot. Not to be rude :3

Vakris_One
04-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Like seriously nerfed ?

Delyable shield bash with insane tracking and virtually unpunishable by 9/10th of the cast

This is just ridiculous.
Other than shield bash I disagree with your list. The only things about Conq that need to be looked at are his 100% safe zone and normalising his shield bash recovery so that the whole roster can punish a whiffed conq SB and not just some of them. He also shouldn't be able to use his full block near minions to safely generate guarranteed heavy ripostes against his opponent, full block on a minion should not be allowed to trigger the heavy riposte.

His game selects are not OP, they are pretty standard and can be countered. PK still has a better game select via her zone. He is not a guessing game, everything he does is predictable once you learn what he can do. He cannot delay his lights, it's basically the Aramusha infinite chain without the need to reset to top light every second hit. If you can handle Ara's infinite light chain then you can handle Conq's light chain as well.

EvoX.
04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Conqueror is fine, he doesn't need any more nerfs, having pathetic 13 damage lights is bad enough.

Hormly
04-30-2018, 03:46 PM
As a warlord the sb is 100% safe and therefore broken. Either the recovery time needs to be increased or the wl dodge speed returned to what it was pre merf (preferred)

He will inevitably be nerfed again

Knight_Raime
04-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Bash is perfectly fine. Other heros should have their side dodge recovery buffed so they can punish with a GB. most can. But not all. Rather than nerfing one of the good things he got from the rework, Only thing imo that needs nerfing on him is how safe his zone is.

TatoRezo
04-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Honestly Warlord is trash tier so it should be buffed vs Conq getting nerfed. Same goes for 1/4 of the roster. Conq can get punished and doesn't have safe pressure vs 70% of the cast. I have recently started playing with him and with 30+ hours can definitely say that.

Vakris_One
04-30-2018, 04:28 PM
Bash is perfectly fine. Other heros should have their side dodge recovery buffed so they can punish with a GB. most can. But not all. Rather than nerfing one of the good things he got from the rework, Only thing imo that needs nerfing on him is how safe his zone is.
Normalising everyone's side dodge recovery would also work and I feel buffing things is better than nerfing things so I agree with your suggestion.

The zone definitely needs to be looked at but I also feel they should remove the ability for his all block to generate the guarranteed heavy riposte from minion hits. It's just unfair and feels like a bug honestly since the heavy riposte is guarranteed and can't even be parried. Generating it from minion hits feels like an exploit.

Fix those 3 things and Conq will be in a perfect place.

Trenk2009
04-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Other than shield bash I disagree with your list. The only things about Conq that need to be looked at are his 100% safe zone and normalising his shield bash recovery so that the whole roster can punish a whiffed conq SB and not just some of them. He also shouldn't be able to use his full block near minions to safely generate guarranteed heavy ripostes against his opponent, full block on a minion should not be allowed to trigger the heavy riposte.

His game selects are not OP, they are pretty standard and can be countered. PK still has a better game select via her zone. He is not a guessing game, everything he does is predictable once you learn what he can do. He cannot delay his lights, it's basically the Aramusha infinite chain without the need to reset to top light every second hit. If you can handle Ara's infinite light chain then you can handle Conq's light chain as well.

I'm refering to his zone when I talk about game select.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-30-2018, 05:45 PM
Leave my Conq alone, now that hes relevant you guys want to nerf him. Every single time someone gets out you guys want to pull them right back down. Smh.

HazelrahFirefly
04-30-2018, 05:46 PM
I don't know you guys... it might just be me, because I hate tracking in general, but I think the tracking on his SB is way too much. I think it would be a far better design just to have the SB be a counter move.

I'm an advocate for removing all tracking from all games though ;D

Vakris_One
04-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Leave my Conq alone, now that hes relevant you guys want to nerf him. Every single time someone gets out you guys want to pull them right back down. Smh.

That's two good memes right there:

https://i.imgflip.com/29dpfp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G03VZIo.jpg

I couldn't resist :D

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Hahaha, put a smile to my face on this otherwise uneventful Monday. Thank you good sir.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-01-2018, 03:01 AM
I agree on the zone being too safe. My thoughts are that it should at least count as a light parry. The only deterrent now is that it's somewhat stamina intensive.

Toran80
05-01-2018, 11:51 AM

You can not even do a dodge if Conq throws 2 lights. You dodge the first the 2nd will hit you 100% (no matter you GB or attack on dodge). This tracking is the OP thing to me.

Toran80
05-01-2018, 11:53 AM
I don't know you guys... it might just be me, because I hate tracking in general, but I think the tracking on his SB is way too much. I think it would be a far better design just to have the SB be a counter move.

I'm an advocate for removing all tracking from all games though ;D

Tracking is a general problem atm. If your latency is 20+ better than your enemies his tracking improves (just what I feel, playing on latency 9-15 on PC).

IAmOddGirl
05-01-2018, 12:09 PM
You can not even do a dodge if Conq throws 2 lights. You dodge the first the 2nd will hit you 100% (no matter you GB or attack on dodge). This tracking is the OP thing to me.

You are trying to dodge his lights? Why not just block one to recognize the timing and then parry the second one?

TatoRezo
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
This is big BS... Almost every character has answer to the shieldbash. Conq is fine, 3-4 characters are trash and they need to get reworked (like raider and warlord).

UbiJurassic
05-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Like seriously nerfed ?

This is just ridiculous.

At this time, we have not announced any new, future balance changes to heroes yet. We'll be looking to talk about Season 6 during this week's stream. Should we discuss any new blance changes coming at the start of the season, we'll be looking to get those notes up on our Official News and Announcements subforum or on our website (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/index.aspx#patchnotes).

ArchDukeInstinct
05-02-2018, 02:06 AM
You are trying to dodge his lights? Why not just block one to recognize the timing and then parry the second one?

Because the whiff on Conqueror lights are painfully slow, they can GB you if you don't chain into another attack.

Ianoneshot
05-02-2018, 02:12 AM
My bad I already have my answer. You are rep 9.

Not that I want to be rude or anything, but your opinion is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Not to mention you only play conq and raider, which is one the only char able to get a gb out of a shield bash dodge.

How do you know this? Are you just assuming?

ArchDukeInstinct
05-02-2018, 02:19 AM
How do you know this? Are you just assuming?

Probably looked on FHTracker. But who even cares about the guy's rep anyway, it means hardly anything.