PDA

View Full Version : Emotes

AvacynRedDeath
04-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Emotes should have a cooldown before use, it's realy anoying to see teabagging or other actions that were not ment to be in the game.

Vakris_One
04-29-2018, 10:07 PM
Considering the devs make emotes specifically with emote spam in mind nowadays I think they were definitely meant to be in the game. Why do you find it annoying?

AvacynRedDeath
04-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Not the emotes it self but the emote cancel (emote + move + emote) that creates a kind of offensive language, for example the "conq's dance"

ArchDukeInstinct
04-29-2018, 10:44 PM
Not the emotes it self but the emote cancel (emote + move + emote) that creates a kind of offensive language, for example the "conq's dance"

You're mistaken. That's the universal Conqueror way of saying "Good Fight".

Arekonator
04-30-2018, 01:00 AM
Imagine being so weak that you get offended by emote spam.

Mia.Nora
04-30-2018, 01:34 AM
It is completely understandable that just like some people love colourful rainbows and fireworks in For Honor, there are those who love a more immersive Medieval setting. That's why there is a effect on/off option in menu.

Same way just like there are people who like teabagging corpses or airhumping above enemies, there will be those who would prefer a more serious tone the game.

That's why in the interface menu there should be an option (just like for effects) for the device not to start displaying a new emote until the full runtime of cancelled emote has passed. So no matter how much airhumping or teabagging happens on other player's end who emote spams, their hero will look idle to the player who has that setting off after they cancel the first emote until its runtime is finished.

Nan0_115
04-30-2018, 08:08 AM
Donít be a baby, emote spams are great and fun. Donít bring that whiney over serious crap, itís a video game, learn to be bothered less by dumb stuff like a virtual character humping in a circle.

DrinkinMyStella
04-30-2018, 11:29 AM
The devs could have stopped emote spamming right at the beginning but everyone kind of likes being able to emote spam as it wasn't damaging the game apart from peoples pride but just take it as a joke, if that still bothers you then you shouldn't be playing videos games in this day and age. I tend to get payback if someone emotes on me for fun then ill find them kill them and do the same, its all fun and games as long as it's meant in jest, if you get salty form it then your just get trolled more and more. Nothing more satisfying than getting cheesed or ganked then they spam emotes around you only for me to get revenge kill all of them and do it right back and I love seeing the 'wow' in the chat feed after.

Alustar.
04-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Bunch of care bear snowflakes, it's a game. If this is what upsets you, is hate to see how you deal with real life.

Vakris_One
04-30-2018, 12:31 PM
It's down to interpretation really. If you choose to see it as annoying or provocational it will be but you can also choose to see it as funny. A lot of the emote spams are quite hilarious and I choose to see the funny side of them even if they spam them on my corpse. I find it helps me to have a laugh, which is a good thing especially since there are plenty of moments in this game that can be absolutely rage inducing if you take it too seriously.

You are in charge of seeing them as either funny or offensive regardless of what you think your opponent's intention is.