PDA

View Full Version : Can Samurai get a T4 feat that's actually usable?

PepsiBeastin
04-28-2018, 11:37 PM
Y'know, instead of the stormtrooper arrow storm we get now...

https://youtu.be/efnf_fFg1x8?t=2m50s

ArchDukeInstinct
04-29-2018, 06:59 AM
Or maybe just don't call it down on someone 3 feet in front of you and get shocked when you're caught in the area.

mrmistark
04-29-2018, 07:31 AM
I wouldn’t say they’re feats are trash. Nobushi and aramusha are the only ones lacking honestly.

Kensei- all attacks as unblockables

Shugoki- knockdowns on heavy making endless loop

Orochi- the assassin staple combo: fear+sharpened

Nobushi- only one that doesn’t have a better option really

Shinobi- healing

Aramusha- actually has poor options for tier 4 too

Not catapult instant inescapable death trap, but not bad feats. Honestly they’re more of what the game needs: defendable buffing feats.

To be fair, aramusha has rock stead which is huge and blissful rest is an incredibly strong tier 3 for Nobushi too. They just need to tone down the other instant kills and indirects honestly.

Rikuto01.tv
04-29-2018, 08:20 AM
Arrow storm isn't actually bad either.

You don't want to use it for killing players so much as you want to use it for emergency minion clears. It can very quickly reverse a neck-to-neck team break situation.

Of course, that's not "as fun" as a "murder everyone on the enemy team" type of option, but anything that can potentially reverse the outcome of battle has valid use.

Arekonator
04-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Nobu fire trap is pretty good actually.

BTTrinity
04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Nobu fire trap is pretty good actually.

Its a strictly inferior nail bomb tho.

Devils-_-legacy
04-29-2018, 03:34 PM
I always wondered why she has the fire trap when the Poison(story Mode I think) or nail trap suits her as they apply bleed. The T4 feat arrow storm is pretty terrible against any player maybe speed it up a bit or make the aoe a bit bigger

Arekonator
04-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Its a strictly inferior nail bomb tho.

Damage wise yes, but instead creates large zone of denial that can be used to separate enemy team, block revives, etc. It got lot more tactical utility.

Kryltic
04-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Staggering Blow isn't that great as the Shugoki has to get a heavy to connect for it to work. Really this would work better if it just applied stun to all attacks whether they hit or get blocked.

Arrow Storm is pretty good but its not as brainless as the Catapult which is why people think its not great. You can't compare the two, one is stupid and the other much more reasonable. It's also useful as a soldier clearer like people have said or when the enemy are close together and fighting allies ie not paying attention to you.

Fire Bomb is good if you don't try to use it simply as an offensive tool. Try placing it amongst enemy soldiers, especially if youre in a fight, you'll heal very quickly and shrug off a lot of damage. Its also useful to block off areas or downed enemies. Finally if theres a group fight going on you can jump in, plant the bomb and roll away then watch your opponents burn to death or they try to flee and get cut down by your allies.

Stalwart Banner isnt that great, but none of the banners are due to the small area they cover.

Overall I'd say that Samurai have some of the poorest low level feats rather than poor high level ones.

E1seNw0Lf
04-29-2018, 04:41 PM
btw the shape of Arrow Storm indicator is so trash - should be a rectangle, indicating starting point + arrow for direction.

At some point the devs have to remake the feat system:
(and I like to say: think again about gear attr./prop. too - see below)
So many feats are unbalanced/useless against each other and even more unbalanced across factions.
The system itself doesn't give much room for individual play style too / doesn't feel impactful enough or reasonable. There is just one good combination for mode X which isn't that much of a difference than mode Y.

One example: You can use Kensei's 1st feat 'Fast Recovery' and get negative gear stats on exhaustion recovery and stamina regeneration. He's still fine with that, once it's active.
-> So you can actually use a feat to change your choice in (un-)preferred gear stats!!! We need more of those.

Helnekromancer
04-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Nobushi's Blissful Rest was changed to a normal heal. She has no unique feats to call her own and the arrow Storm needs to be instant, not a slow moving line of arrows. I've had so many people roll out of its range, even walking out of it because it's a slow moving death wall.

ArmoredChocobo
04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
I wouldn’t say they’re feats are trash. Nobushi and aramusha are the only ones lacking honestly.

Kensei- all attacks as unblockables

Shugoki- knockdowns on heavy making endless loop

Orochi- the assassin staple combo: fear+sharpened

Nobushi- only one that doesn’t have a better option really

Shinobi- healing

Aramusha- actually has poor options for tier 4 too

Not catapult instant inescapable death trap, but not bad feats. Honestly they’re more of what the game needs: defendable buffing feats.

To be fair, aramusha has rock stead which is huge and blissful rest is an incredibly strong tier 3 for Nobushi too. They just need to tone down the other instant kills and indirects honestly.

I hate Nobushi's Fire Trap so much, unless you drop it right in the middle of a fight it's only a mere nuisance, AND it hurts your teammates.