PDA

View Full Version : Good Alternative to Lawbringer?

IAmOddGirl
04-28-2018, 10:59 PM
I'm about to reach rep 50 soon and I'm totally just at a loss for picking a new main to level. Warden seems to be a bit lackluster while still fun to use, Raider is...High DPS but kinda booboo, Shaman is pretty crap, Aramusha is fun but idk still, Highlander is situational,...thoughts?

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Any advice kind of depends on what you want and what you play. There is a reason I never made it to rep 50 on one character on xbox and won't on PC, I am a 4v4 player, for me I am looking at what my team are putting in there and filling gaps, my main is peacekeeper, an assassin, so I decided I need a soldier lane (nobushi) zone booster (conqueror) and characters that can fill different roles (warden can soldier zone and has decent survivability in feats, I went full heal build, valkyrie can be built in feats and gear to block a zone but can also disable an opponent mid chain when they are attacking an ally and move quicker than heavies), those are my five and will be again now I am on PC and starting fresh. If you are 4v4, I would suggest something completely different to lawbringer, duel and I would go with something you like the look of.

Another question is do you want to stay in the same faction or does the faction not matter? (Going by your post I am assuming the latter). If you want something similar, valkyrie is a good reactive character and a good disabler, I never got into lawbringer, near rep 2 and still can't really say I can play him well, but she felt the closest that I played, if you want something completely different I would suggest an assassin of some kind, they are pretty much as far from lawbringer as you can get.

My number one advice though, go to arena and play a bunch of characters, go through the movelist and see what gels with how you play.

IAmOddGirl
04-28-2018, 11:41 PM
Any advice kind of depends on what you want and what you play. There is a reason I never made it to rep 50 on one character on xbox and won't on PC, I am a 4v4 player, for me I am looking at what my team are putting in there and filling gaps, my main is peacekeeper, an assassin, so I decided I need a soldier lane (nobushi) zone booster (conqueror) and characters that can fill different roles (warden can soldier zone and has decent survivability in feats, I went full heal build, valkyrie can be built in feats and gear to block a zone but can also disable an opponent mid chain when they are attacking an ally and move quicker than heavies), those are my five and will be again now I am on PC and starting fresh. If you are 4v4, I would suggest something completely different to lawbringer, duel and I would go with something you like the look of.

Another question is do you want to stay in the same faction or does the faction not matter? (Going by your post I am assuming the latter). If you want something similar, valkyrie is a good reactive character and a good disabler, I never got into lawbringer, near rep 2 and still can't really say I can play him well, but she felt the closest that I played, if you want something completely different I would suggest an assassin of some kind, they are pretty much as far from lawbringer as you can get.

My number one advice though, go to arena and play a bunch of characters, go through the movelist and see what gels with how you play.

Would Gladiator be a good one??

CandleInTheDark
04-29-2018, 12:04 AM
Would Gladiator be a good one??

Personally I like gladiator and like with the Lawbringer's top unblockable, the skewer is something you feint a few times before actually using it so the gameplay may be similar, but I wouldn't pick a character based off does someone else like him I'd go against a few level three bots in arena.

EvoX.
04-29-2018, 03:11 AM
You could join us Centurion players, we kinda need the manpower.

Alternatively, if you want an actually viable hero, go with Gladiator. He's got it all.

ArchDukeInstinct
04-29-2018, 07:02 AM
Conqueror.

What does he have in common with Lawbringer? Absolutely nothing, but it's still the right choice for anyone.

IAmOddGirl
04-29-2018, 10:05 PM
I have actually found the Conq to be pretty fun to use. I might.

ChampionRuby50g
04-30-2018, 03:10 AM
Lawbringer can never be replaced by a lesser hero 😏

Roseguard_Cpt
04-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Nobushi is pretty fun. Currently rep 24 and still working on Hidden Stance for mixups, dodges, etc.