PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi's tackle can ledge!

PepsiBeastin
04-28-2018, 07:45 AM
the wrong person...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBTSYQbd03k

BTTrinity
04-28-2018, 01:14 PM
omfg lmao more moves need to do this.

yeah, tackle is garbage.

Lowhappyface123
05-02-2018, 02:53 PM
i want all sprint moves to do this, it would lead to some really funny scenarios

PDXGorechild
05-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Seems like it's working as intended to me, you tripped him up, slid under him and straight off the ledge.

More moves need to work this, like raiders and lawbringers spam charge, so if you don't gauge it correctly - it's actually you going off a ledge.

Hormly
05-02-2018, 05:37 PM
How amazing would it be if all sprint moves did this

BTTrinity
05-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Toward the beginning of the S5 I remember making a post about having sprinting moves throw you off the edge if you misuse them, and everyone disagreed :( This would be a great addition to the rest of the running moves though, really.

PepsiBeastin
05-03-2018, 01:55 AM
If you guys want more Shinobi ledging, just take a peek at this vid

https://youtu.be/7u9OvigcPJU

BTTrinity
05-03-2018, 04:33 AM
If you guys want more Shinobi ledging, just take a peek at this vid

https://youtu.be/7u9OvigcPJU

Lmao how unfortunate.

Plz Ubi, make this happen to Every1

CandleInTheDark
05-03-2018, 05:21 AM
I think there is a valid argument that if you are charging full speed at them with something that would usually knock them down like the conqueror charge and the others mentioned, a lot of those moves have a lot of forward momentum and it would be fair that you have the same risk as your opponent. I would also argue the warden's shoulder though possibly not the lawbringer's shove, headbutts (other than shaman's and her pounce come to that since no way she should be able to stop) and not the valkyrie spear sweep that is where it gets tricky, since people would ask why if theirs does another doesn't and making that call is pretty subjective.

PDXGorechild
05-03-2018, 10:23 AM
I think there is a valid argument that if you are charging full speed at them with something that would usually knock them down like the conqueror charge and the others mentioned, a lot of those moves have a lot of forward momentum and it would be fair that you have the same risk as your opponent. I would also argue the warden's shoulder though possibly not the lawbringer's shove, headbutts (other than shaman's and her pounce come to that since no way she should be able to stop) and not the valkyrie spear sweep that is where it gets tricky, since people would ask why if theirs does another doesn't and making that call is pretty subjective.

Any attack where the main feature is knocking players back with potential for staggering or ledging should have equal risk imo. Whether it's off a ledge or staggered into a wall, if you miss the charge, you suffer the same consequences. So not regular sprint attacks, but the list should include;

- Raider stampede
- Lawbringer impale
- Shinobi slide tackle
- Warden shoulder bash
- Conqueror tackle
- Shaman bite

This may even help to alleviate the ganking meta in team games somewhat.

Alustar.
05-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Any attack where the main feature is knocking players back with potential for staggering or ledging should have equal risk imo. Whether it's off a ledge or staggered into a wall, if you miss the charge, you suffer the same consequences. So not regular sprint attacks, but the list should include;

- Raider stampede
- Lawbringer impale
- Shinobi slide tackle
- Warden shoulder bash
- Conqueror tackle
- Shaman bite

This may even help to alleviate the ganking meta in team games somewhat.

I really like this idea. Hopefully Ubisoft implements it.

BTTrinity
05-03-2018, 04:44 PM

Same.

PepsiBeastin
05-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Also, how about having certain ledging moves ledge yourself if you dont deactivate them at the right time? So if a Raider/Warlord/Lawbringer is pushing you towards a cliff but they dont lets say press guardbreak just before they fall off, either only the carrier gets ledged, or both get ledged. It would also be interesting to have a struggle system using guardbreaks where if the carrier mis-times the counter, the one being pinned breaks free.

PDXGorechild
05-04-2018, 09:36 AM
Also, how about having certain ledging moves ledge yourself if you dont deactivate them at the right time? So if a Raider/Warlord/Lawbringer is pushing you towards a cliff but they dont lets say press guardbreak just before they fall off, either only the carrier gets ledged, or both get ledged. It would also be interesting to have a struggle system using guardbreaks where if the carrier mis-times the counter, the one being pinned breaks free.

Yeah that works too, like having to let go of sprint for raider charge at the right time otherwise you go tumbling off the edge too, opponent over your shoulder. This would mean you have to take more care and would also be f*cking hilarious in my opinion. I wanna see some kamikaze charges!