PDA

View Full Version : Deflect review + Nobushi.

Draco067
04-28-2018, 05:19 AM
The change that was made to feflect is good, but it wasn't nearly enough in my opinion.

My biggest issue with deflect was, and still is the fact that against some characters, specifically Zerker and Ara, I am getting punished for predicting my opponents attack.

Deflect needs to be able to interrupt chains, bypass HA, and work against unblockables.
If I can predict an attack and deflect it why should I have to be worried about my unblockable attack not interrupting their follow up attack and then I get punished for it.

The Nobushi, I'm slowly growing to love this character, however I have one plea and that is to make her Swift Recoil more applicable.

Example: warden does two top heavies, the first I block and follow with swift retreat, but the second heavy isn't dodged, if the Nobushi can get off the lunge (unsure of the timing) she will likely still take the second heavy after performing a dodge action, that I might add has a good bit of distance.
Example #2: Against Ara's fast lights, and maybe his heavies as well, swift recoil is useless, as any follow up attack by him will hit bushi after her swift recoil because of his tracking.

BTTrinity
04-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Swift Recoil can be tracked by most attacks in the game if they keep attacking after you use it to dodge the first, its not a good move at all :(

Zhantay
04-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Yea It gives assassins who have a lunge a free hit, it's such a niche move in her kit.