PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Walmarts new hat-light.

Chris0382
09-07-2007, 05:34 AM
I noticed Walmart has a new 3-led hat light that clips to the visor of a baseball hat. Anyone try it yet for tracking as it could be too bright but you could put something over the recessed leds to make it not as bright.

Chris0382
09-07-2007, 05:34 AM
I noticed Walmart has a new 3-led hat light that clips to the visor of a baseball hat. Anyone try it yet for tracking as it could be too bright but you could put something over the recessed leds to make it not as bright.

han freak solo
09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
You'd have to put something over the LEDs to diffuse the light. Not because of brightness, but because when you tilt an LED from straight forward the TrackIr loses it.

I tried the same thing with a 2 LED cap from Sears Hardware. Nice cap, just didn't work well with TrackIr.

I did mount a small single cell AAA flashlight to a standard ball cap which works well because of the non-LED lamp.

Beware that this might not work with the 6DOF TrackIrs. My TrackIr is only a TrackIr2.

Choctaw111
09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Will that work?

T_O_A_D
09-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I really doubt it will work.

The lights are not placed properly for Vector.

Realize with the reflector target of Veclor you have tow low at a certina spread, and one high set back a bit from the front two reflectors.

Also when you look at the new light source thing they are using, mounted to a headset. It also has a certian spread patern.

TIR is tweaked to recognise that patern, outside of the pattern or inside, will throw off the calibration, to apoint it most likely will not work properly. Just look at the hat I'm using with vector in my sig.

But then again I have not tested it, so let us know, once you do.

JG52Uther
09-07-2007, 04:13 PM
This is the thread you want:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7971090385

M_Gunz
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Maybe replacement IR Leds for the ones in the hat?

I'm kind of wanting to see Wii system and input devices, how they might adapt.
For one, you can have full stick throw just zero feedback. There is at least one Wii
joystick. But what I'd rockin love is to be able to use Wii gloves to interact with the
3D cockpit, including the stick. How many input devices can work at once on Wii, with
it's sensor bar there?

Copperhead311th
09-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't go to wall mart any more. there was aguy who just got killed nearby in Millbrook, Alabama. two punks just walked up and poped 3 in him from behind. took his wallet & his new truck. He was parked a mere 6 parking spots from the door. he stoped on his way home from a Montgomery Biscuits Baseball Game (AA) to pick up some Pampers for his kid. He was only 23. Je leaves behind a young wife AND 2 SMALL CHILDREEN one of wich is only a few months old.

Millbrook is a sleeply lil small town 10m miles north of Montgomery with a population of less than 5,000. this Wall-Mart hadn't even been open 3 months yet.

He never saw them. the 1st shot killed him.
So guys...i avaoid Wall-Mart these days.
TELL THEM EACH DAY YOU LOVE THEM. IT MAY BE YOUR LAST. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Lurch1962
09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
My guess is that if you want to use LED lights as replacements for the TrackIR reflectors, pay attention to the following:

1) Make sure that the light can be fairly evenly spread over the full angle that you swivel your head through. A narrow beam will not work. You could roughen up the LED's surface with sandpaper so as to diffuse the emitted light.

2) You should use just the LED by itself, without any surrounding reflectors or other lenses. A smaller near-point source is better than a broad, unevenly spread out one.

--Lurch--

RK_Achilles
09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
People die every day in car crashes. Do you use a car?

han freak solo
09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead311th:
He never saw them. the 1st shot killed him.
So guys...i avaoid Wall-Mart these days.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude. That can happen anywhere.

Alas, I was held up at gunpoint in Waco, Texas 20 years ago. Yet, I'm here tonight on business. I didn't vow to never go to Waco again, that's fer sure.