PDA

View Full Version : I don't have fun with For Honor anymore.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 03:23 PM
This really isn't new or just coming out of no where. I started feeling the wear and tear on me with this game back with season 4. I was really hoping the reworked characters and the changes to core mechanics would breath new life into the game for me and thus making things great again. It did, for a time, but last night was probably the worst night i've ever had on for honor.

I ran into 3 seperate centurions that went for the loop whenever they could (pls patch soon ubi) and anyone that wasn't a centurion was playing super passively and only doing something when I did something. I actually quit 3 seperate matches last night. Prior to that I'd probably left maybe 5 matches total in my whole career. I want to say my frustration is entirely bent on the fact that this game will never be great because at the end of it all if you can block/parry just fine you'll always be able to play passively and win. And as long as the game supports that kind of style i'm going to run into a wall.

It makes me feel skill capped. Because it feels like it almost doesn't matter what I learn or how great at a hero I become. Reactive/passive play is always just going to be the best way to play. I wanted to uninstall the game last night and just back out of everything related to the game and just wash my hands of it and move on. But I don't want to quit. I love the game. I enjoy the gameplay when it's not this passive nonsense. I just don't know how to have fun with the game anymore. Even learning new heros has lost it's lure for me.

I don't really know what I was expecting out of this post. I kind of just wanted to vent I guess. If anyone has any tips on how they make the game fun i'd love to hear them. Or venting is fine too as long as it's not just blatent bashing. Thanks for reading even if you don't respond. To those of you here whom I have active discussions with or have had with you guys are like my family away from my family. I appreciate you all.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 03:27 PM
I feel ya... and sadly Iím much the same in this regard. I really only get motivated to play when Iím drunk and dgaf.

However, I will say that the patch today did wonders for console. It actually feels good. And they fixed the centurion loop, as well.

CptMatsumaru
04-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Hey,

everything is OK.
We all know this feeling.
Also, I've spent days mastering just one hero as best I can. And then comes a passive Orochi and I think: what did you actually learn?

I can only say: either take a break or play comfortably with friends or Randomplayer against bots.
It's too easy, but gives the same EP and is usually more fun than against players.

Heads up. It's like a marriage. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it works. :)

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 03:34 PM
I feel ya... and sadly I’m much the same in this regard. I really only get motivated to play when I’m drunk and dgaf.

However, I will say that the patch today did wonders for console. It actually feels good. And they fixed the centurion loop, as well.

What else did they do with the patch besides fix the loop? I haven't been on yet.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Hey,

everything is OK.
We all know this feeling.
Also, I've spent days mastering just one hero as best I can. And then comes a passive Orochi and I think: what did you actually learn?

I can only say: either take a break or play comfortably with friends or Randomplayer against bots.
It's too easy, but gives the same EP and is usually more fun than against players.

Heads up. It's like a marriage. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it works. :)

I was considering a big break. Only reason why I haven't is because I did take a small one before season 5 dropped. I do have a bunch of other games I can play. I just would feel bad leaving here for awhile. I'm painfully aware how i'm one of the most active posters here keeping this place alive. And though not many people feel this way I feel like there are some people who look towards me for information/input on the constant flak the game takes.

CptMatsumaru
04-26-2018, 03:39 PM
I was already doing dailys today, but I did not catch a patch ?!
PC version.

Maybe the Xbox and PS4 already got an update. No idea.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 03:41 PM
What else did they do with the patch besides fix the loop? I haven't been on yet.

Are you on console? Whatever they did with the input is working wonderfully for me. Everything I respond on time to ACTUALLY responds correctly. CGB, parries, etc. all are working better than they have for me, ever. Idk what they did, but I like it.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 03:41 PM
I was already doing dailys today, but I did not catch a patch ?!
PC version.

Maybe the Xbox and PS4 already got an update. No idea.

yeah the consoles got the update which fixed centurion and added in the lag comp system. you pc folk got that last week. well. the lag comp anyway. unsure when you guys will get the centurion fix.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 03:42 PM
Are you on console? Whatever they did with the input is working wonderfully for me. Everything I respond on time to ACTUALLY responds correctly. CGB, parries, etc. all are working better than they have for me, ever. Idk what they did, but I like it.

Yeah I just read up on the lag comp system coming in for console today. I'll probably hop on later today to give it a spin and see how it feels.
I'm on xbox.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
Yeah I just read up on the lag comp system coming in for console today. I'll probably hop on later today to give it a spin and see how it feels.
I'm on xbox.

Well, like I said, itís working wonders for me. I feel like I have ample amounts of time to actually respond. No more raging when I KNOW I CGBíd or blocked, but the game didnít give it to me. Iím no longer punished for ppl having internet ran primarily by a 3 legged hamster in a hamster-wheel.

Now that this (the biggest issue in the game, imo) has been fixed, itís actually sparked a bit of hope for me.

Hopefully itíll do the same for you.

SpaceJim12
04-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Well, I have same feelings after return to this game.
And some nights it's fine to play, almost enjoy it. Next night game gives you new or just low skill guys, who play worse then bots, spam heavies from one side. Next night game gives you some too good players or (I still believe it's a huge issue on PC) even cheaters. I could face good player, someone who knows everything I'm going to do, someone who I can read only after 1-2 matches of looses. But I'll never believe there are players in For Honor who just don't make mistakes. It's impossible, especialy when you fight 1vX. But still every night one or two times I met this kind of players. The parry everything, what they can't parry they block, what they can't block or parry, the dodge. Like PK, that parry attack from my teammates and in the same time instantly dodge from my halberd toss, than parry another guy and get revenge.
So in all cases I have onle 30% of matches that I could enjoy. It's happend when opponents match my skill, everyone have 15-30 ping and every battle even 1vX are something you could handle. Games without gods with no mistake, without lags or too low skill players. In this 30% include matches where people same as me take For Honor as a game of medieval fights, not "another moba to win", when instead of have fun, people just pick most valueable chars and valueable stratedy, just to win. Don't take me wrong, I want win as well. But I want fun and enjoy the fights, and with meta and strat sometimes it's impossible.
So in 70% cases I give game two chances. Two matches with different opponents. If both of them become bad and rageful, I just quit the game and do something else.

I still can't see future of For Honor, but this game still need huge work. But if fixes will took all team time, and we will se no new content for the game in season 6, I think it's become really boring with this 30% of joy.
I really excited about Mordhau, if this game is what devs promise, that will get me out of For Honor, I quess.

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 03:58 PM
If passive playstyle is your biggest gripe with the game, then i recommend moving back into the team modes.
Granted, it got its own share of frustrating problems, but the passive play is due to their nature not really one of them.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Well, like I said, itís working wonders for me. I feel like I have ample amounts of time to actually respond. No more raging when I KNOW I CGBíd or blocked, but the game didnít give it to me. Iím no longer punished for ppl having internet ran primarily by a 3 legged hamster in a hamster-wheel.

Now that this (the biggest issue in the game, imo) has been fixed, itís actually sparked a bit of hope for me.

Hopefully itíll do the same for you.

I don't think it will address my main complaint. but i've no doubt it will probably make the game better as a whole. it's good to hear it being really helpful on console though.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Well, I have same feelings after return to this game.
And some nights it's fine to play, almost enjoy it. Next night game gives you new or just low skill guys, who play worse then bots, spam heavies from one side. Next night game gives you some too good players or (I still believe it's a huge issue on PC) even cheaters. I could face good player, someone who knows everything I'm going to do, someone who I can read only after 1-2 matches of looses. But I'll never believe there are players in For Honor who just don't make mistakes. It's impossible, especialy when you fight 1vX. But still every night one or two times I met this kind of players. The parry everything, what they can't parry they block, what they can't block or parry, the dodge. Like PK, that parry attack from my teammates and in the same time instantly dodge from my halberd toss, than parry another guy and get revenge.
So in all cases I have onle 30% of matches that I could enjoy. It's happend when opponents match my skill, everyone have 15-30 ping and every battle even 1vX are something you could handle. Games without gods with no mistake, without lags or too low skill players. In this 30% include matches where people same as me take For Honor as a game of medieval fights, not "another moba to win", when instead of have fun, people just pick most valueable chars and valueable stratedy, just to win. Don't take me wrong, I want win as well. But I want fun and enjoy the fights, and with meta and strat sometimes it's impossible.
So in 70% cases I give game two chances. Two matches with different opponents. If both of them become bad and rageful, I just quit the game and do something else.

I still can't see future of For Honor, but this game still need huge work. But if fixes will took all team time, and we will se no new content for the game in season 6, I think it's become really boring with this 30% of joy.
I really excited about Mordhau, if this game is what devs promise, that will get me out of For Honor, I quess.

I think the game will continue to cater to and support a small but dedicated playerbase. But I don't think my issue will ever be fixed. Which is more of a me problem and less of a game issue. They've already done wonders with addressing how beneficial passive play used to be. All that's left is the core mechanics. Which I doubt will be changed.

Knight_Raime
04-26-2018, 04:06 PM
If passive playstyle is your biggest gripe with the game, then i recommend moving back into the team modes.
Granted, it got its own share of frustrating problems, but the passive play is due to their nature not really one of them.

I really would like to. I just don't have gear. and i'm afraid i'll be rolled because I don't have competitive gear.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 04:45 PM
I really would like to. I just don't have gear. and i'm afraid i'll be rolled because I don't have competitive gear.

I think itíd fit a fight more along the lines of what youíre looking for tho. They donít have time to play passively in 4v4. And Iíve never really thought gear was what made or broke any of my matches... sure it helps, but I donít think itíll make a decent player an auto loss.

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 05:54 PM
I have been leveling quite a few characters from ground up lately, and i can confirm that the gear doesnt matter nearly as much as some might say. Plus, overal impact of gearscore was reduced (again) with last patch. I say at least give it a try.

mrmistark
04-27-2018, 12:49 AM
I literally have to mentally prepare before I play this game now because you have a lot of people that do a lot of toxic things.

I have to talk to myself when I play, especially when the game play is just so horrendous. I sit there after the round in which I cgb but it didnít register and say to myself ďno worries, good game good gameĒ so I donít start raging.

I played an aramusha as gladiator just before he patch drop and he used a lot of great soft fients and what not and I was impressed at the level of his skill. It was round 3 with me down by 2 rounds. The opponent had shown he wanted to play honorably and so I went with it, thatís how most console players role as is anyways. I started catching on to what side he favored for throwing out the initial light and with pure intuition started parrying his light attacks. We had a great round in which I beat him and it was a great experience with both of us throwing out good mix ups and I was able to jump in, do a bit of damage and parry the light when he went to counter attack a couple of times. This guy comes back spamming light attacks. I was able to deflect after taking a few hits while stun locked, and luckily applied enough pressure at the end to stop him and get the win. I was pretty annoyed that as soon as i amounted a good round and challenge he went for something rather cheap on console standards (hopefully lag comp fixed this). Next round we emote to signify the start of the match and he said ďsorryĒ so I said to myself, ďitís ok, weíre past it nowĒ. I had an opportunity twice to push him off the ledge on sentinel, but to try and reestablish an honorable game, I refrained. He had an opportunity previously in round 1 to do so and didnít, so I wanted to respect that. Whatíd he do? The first chance he got he pushed me off. After I swore I CGB. He starts humping the air.

Trying to not let it bother me I said ďalright, good fight good fight. Thatís what you get! Shoulda seen it coming! Well Gettem next time.Ē

I que up again finding a new opponent. I donít want to play against someone with that kind of attitude. Play me with honor or make it clear you want an all out. Anyways, I brushed it off, tried to be positive and boom, I moved on....just to que up against him again. ďOk, no worries, all out here we go.Ē He light spammed me all 5 rounds. Iím by no means a deflect master, so I was only able to deflect out of it a couple times. With diminishing guard itís impossible to block out of it on Xbox once they get going. Unfortunately I had to complete my order for Glad that Iím trying to rep up.

At this point Iím again trying hard to stay positive. He won but no big deal. I have to be better about deflecting in the future and practice it more. I que up again. Guess who? Are you serious? Again? Same guy again. Luckily I completed my order for glad and chose my main, Kensei. This time I spanked him bad.

Anyways though. This is the kind of childish nonsense that makes me super frustrated with this game. As soon as someone starts underperforming they refer back to the cheapest tactics it seems.

Archo-Vax
04-27-2018, 02:14 AM
I want to say my frustration is entirely bent on the fact that this game will never be great because at the end of it all if you can block/parry just fine you'll always be able to play passively and win. And as long as the game supports that kind of style i'm going to run into a wall.

... why do I feel the urge to say "serves you right"? For some reason, being reactive and capitalizing on the opponent overreaching or misstepping seems logical and simply "common sense" to me.

EvoX.
04-27-2018, 02:53 AM
I would normally say to take a break from the game, but looks like the solution conveniently presented itself - Season 6 is coming, and the devs seem to think it will be special. So I doubt you'll be bored, at least for the next month.

I literally have to mentally prepare before I play this game now because you have a lot of people that do a lot of toxic things.

I have to talk to myself when I play, especially when the game play is just so horrendous. I sit there after the round in which I cgb but it didn’t register and say to myself “no worries, good game good game” so I don’t start raging.

I played an aramusha as gladiator just before he patch drop and he used a lot of great soft fients and what not and I was impressed at the level of his skill. It was round 3 with me down by 2 rounds. The opponent had shown he wanted to play honorably and so I went with it, that’s how most console players role as is anyways. I started catching on to what side he favored for throwing out the initial light and with pure intuition started parrying his light attacks. We had a great round in which I beat him and it was a great experience with both of us throwing out good mix ups and I was able to jump in, do a bit of damage and parry the light when he went to counter attack a couple of times. This guy comes back spamming light attacks. I was able to deflect after taking a few hits while stun locked, and luckily applied enough pressure at the end to stop him and get the win. I was pretty annoyed that as soon as i amounted a good round and challenge he went for something rather cheap on console standards (hopefully lag comp fixed this). Next round we emote to signify the start of the match and he said “sorry” so I said to myself, “it’s ok, we’re past it now”. I had an opportunity twice to push him off the ledge on sentinel, but to try and reestablish an honorable game, I refrained. He had an opportunity previously in round 1 to do so and didn’t, so I wanted to respect that. What’d he do? The first chance he got he pushed me off. After I swore I CGB. He starts humping the air.

Trying to not let it bother me I said “alright, good fight good fight. That’s what you get! Shoulda seen it coming! Well Gettem next time.”

I que up again finding a new opponent. I don’t want to play against someone with that kind of attitude. Play me with honor or make it clear you want an all out. Anyways, I brushed it off, tried to be positive and boom, I moved on....just to que up against him again. “Ok, no worries, all out here we go.” He light spammed me all 5 rounds. I’m by no means a deflect master, so I was only able to deflect out of it a couple times. With diminishing guard it’s impossible to block out of it on Xbox once they get going. Unfortunately I had to complete my order for Glad that I’m trying to rep up.

At this point I’m again trying hard to stay positive. He won but no big deal. I have to be better about deflecting in the future and practice it more. I que up again. Guess who? Are you serious? Again? Same guy again. Luckily I completed my order for glad and chose my main, Kensei. This time I spanked him bad.

Anyways though. This is the kind of childish nonsense that makes me super frustrated with this game. As soon as someone starts underperforming they refer back to the cheapest tactics it seems.

This sort of story happens to me every 3rd match. The toxicity is a lot worse here on PC, especially since people have access to chat as well.

Tirik22x
04-27-2018, 04:24 AM
I would normally say to take a break from the game, but looks like the solution conveniently presented itself - Season 6 is coming, and the devs seem to think it will be special. So I doubt you'll be bored, at least for the next month.

This sort of story happens to me every 3rd match. The toxicity is a lot worse here on PC, especially since people have access to chat as well.

Right?

Fought a WL today. Great fights. Had several chances to ledge him, but didnít. 2-2. Round 5.

Iím spanking him. Catches me in a GB...

Then pushes me to the mother****ing ledge.

Welcome to the dark side, Tirik... I will win by all means necessary now.

God, how I wish I had access to chat.

The_B0G_
04-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Stay the course, Raime.

PDXGorechild
04-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Play Berserker? When i've had my morning coffee and a good nights sleep some of the mix-ups I can do with him are insane now. I love going full out aggression on turtles and watch them desperately try and keep up with the endless feints. Oh how the tables have turned.

Sorry to hear you're bored though. At the end of February I felt the same. Like i'd reached my peak and there wasn't really anywhere else to go or anything new to do, just the same old scenarios. Kinda like when you kill the last boss on Skyrim and go back to the open world feeling that gutting loss of purpose. I waited a year for my main to get buffs and when he did I found it mostly unsatisfying, like i'd gone from being an underdog (which i love), to the new toxic class that everyone hates. I carved a bloody path for two weeks after S5 dropped but victory didn't taste so sweet somehow.
So I took March and most of April off and played other games instead, and now I feel totally refreshed. Ubi have sorted a few issues, the Arena is up, and we have a few exciting things coming in the near future. I can't wait to get home and smash heads tonight.

Perhaps you need a break too?

Card1acArrest
04-27-2018, 09:57 AM

gear dont mean that much. situational awareness is the most important skill by far. You never get good enuff :) to me it is often more gratifying to master that than the actual swordplay :) to keep 2 ppl at bay by small movements and a few feints.. very gratifying. (fails most of the time, fair enuff)

Knight_Raime
04-27-2018, 02:38 PM
You're not the only one.

I agree with your sentiment, but from a slightly different perspective. For me, the whole concept of "unblockables" is bollocks. Combat in For Honor should have been something akin to real fencing. Wherein you deflect and parry almost all the time to repel your opponent's weapon, always exchanging strikes until someone is exhausted, or makes a mistake, or eats a counter / riposte. The only "static block" would be when someone has a sizeable shield, like WL, Conq, etc. And if you're say, Warden, up against a Raider, you have to block often while having one hand on the hilt and another near the tip of the blade, etc etc. The actual "parry" would be renamed "riposte". And there would two types of melee stance imbalancing: grab and guardbreak. The two should be different, imo. As it stands, there's just... grab. There's no "guardbreak".

As such, you repel a light attack with another light attack. It's a deflect that won't interrupt either player, nor will net any guaranteed hit. Both can attempt another blow, and each player has to keep the other from hitting him. You may choose to block, but blocking will make your counters somewhat slower and will drain more stamina. In the case of a heavy, both blocking and deflecting it with another heavy require the same stamina, though by blocking it you gain additional recovery (may lose a window to counterattack). Only in the case of shields, blocking lights and heavies drain same stamina as deflecting them. Of course, there would be some chip damage applied on shields too, not just weapons.

Upon successfully riposting ("parrying") an attack, it would depend on the state of your opponent's stamina, on whether your counter would be guaranteed, and whether you riposted from the same guard stance or not. For example if your opponent had below half stamina and you riposted them from the opposing side, they lose more stamina and need a recovery long enough for you to land a guaranteed counter, since you've swung your weapon in a semi-arc and sent theirs swinging right back.

This also suggests that all light attacks across all heroes have equal speeds (500ms preferably), with the exception of assassins having some specialized, and faster, light attacks (like the current soft cancels etc). Heavy heroes would have their lights slightly slower, but with other things to make up for (slightly longer deflect window or something). Though heavy attack speeds remain questionable as this would need a bigger analysis than just giving you a raw overview of the concept I'm trying to communicate.

Grab would be different than guardbreak, guardbreak would be possible if your opponent had little or no stamina left and you successfully landed two consecutive ripostes for example (riposting twice in a row without resorting to counterattacks, while your opponent has little stamina left, as initiating a counterattack upon a riposte resets your opponent's recovery to neutral). Grab should be the direct counter to dodges and passive staring.

Feints would still exist, and you may cancel light attacks directly into dodges if you think you mistimed your counter-light by a hair, to dodge the incoming blow. Again, nothing refined here, just the raw concept.

In the case of heavy class heroes, it's often better to block their attacks than deflect them. When you're not a heavy yourself, both blocking and deflecting attacks from heavy opponents net same stamina cost. Heavies would be Conq, Shugo, LB, HL, Raider. However, heavies need slightly more recovery upon riposting their attacks, effectively making them more susceptible to punishes should they get riposted.

Assassin deflects as we know them, become referenced to as "evasive counterattacks". Same principle, you dodge into the attack, deflect and riposte and counterattack at the same time. Though the inputs would differ.

No more unblockable crap. No more defensive meta crap.

This is how I would have personally enjoyed For Honor's combat way more. Way more.

Of course, the 4v4 situation will be entirely different, and more things will have to be taken into consideration for the 4v4 modes.

Just a rough concept, but you get the idea. So yeah, relax, you're not the only one.

Also, apology accepted, concerning our last interaction. I'll hold no grudge over a slight bad spark. We're both better than that.

Some reference eye candy as to how I'd like to fight in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn36Pb8z3yI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBXbJd80a0

One more thing: customizing battle stances as well (in this case, best pictured would be Warden), as to how you see fit and feel most comfortable with. Of course, timings and strategies would differ. Customizing battle stances would offer no unfair advantage, and are attainable after, say, you reach past a certain reputation level / skill level or fulfill specific requirements etc (like land 100 ripostes to unlock level 2 battle stance customization etc). This is one of the videos I found pretty entertaining and thoughtful and still relevant to the one hero I play the most; Warden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cob3JMmtctY

That was a lot to read o:

Knight_Raime
04-27-2018, 02:40 PM

I have to talk to myself when I play, especially when the game play is just so horrendous. I sit there after the round in which I cgb but it didnít register and say to myself ďno worries, good game good gameĒ so I donít start raging.

I played an aramusha as gladiator just before he patch drop and he used a lot of great soft fients and what not and I was impressed at the level of his skill. It was round 3 with me down by 2 rounds. The opponent had shown he wanted to play honorably and so I went with it, thatís how most console players role as is anyways. I started catching on to what side he favored for throwing out the initial light and with pure intuition started parrying his light attacks. We had a great round in which I beat him and it was a great experience with both of us throwing out good mix ups and I was able to jump in, do a bit of damage and parry the light when he went to counter attack a couple of times. This guy comes back spamming light attacks. I was able to deflect after taking a few hits while stun locked, and luckily applied enough pressure at the end to stop him and get the win. I was pretty annoyed that as soon as i amounted a good round and challenge he went for something rather cheap on console standards (hopefully lag comp fixed this). Next round we emote to signify the start of the match and he said ďsorryĒ so I said to myself, ďitís ok, weíre past it nowĒ. I had an opportunity twice to push him off the ledge on sentinel, but to try and reestablish an honorable game, I refrained. He had an opportunity previously in round 1 to do so and didnít, so I wanted to respect that. Whatíd he do? The first chance he got he pushed me off. After I swore I CGB. He starts humping the air.

Trying to not let it bother me I said ďalright, good fight good fight. Thatís what you get! Shoulda seen it coming! Well Gettem next time.Ē

I que up again finding a new opponent. I donít want to play against someone with that kind of attitude. Play me with honor or make it clear you want an all out. Anyways, I brushed it off, tried to be positive and boom, I moved on....just to que up against him again. ďOk, no worries, all out here we go.Ē He light spammed me all 5 rounds. Iím by no means a deflect master, so I was only able to deflect out of it a couple times. With diminishing guard itís impossible to block out of it on Xbox once they get going. Unfortunately I had to complete my order for Glad that Iím trying to rep up.

At this point Iím again trying hard to stay positive. He won but no big deal. I have to be better about deflecting in the future and practice it more. I que up again. Guess who? Are you serious? Again? Same guy again. Luckily I completed my order for glad and chose my main, Kensei. This time I spanked him bad.

Yeah getting ledged after having a nice fight is really disheartening.
Also the "find new opponent" button is a dang lie. it's just another rematch button.
I can't tell you how many times i've qued against someone 3-4 times in a row regardless of how little or how long I wait in between a match.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2018, 02:45 PM
... why do I feel the urge to say "serves you right"? For some reason, being reactive and capitalizing on the opponent overreaching or misstepping seems logical and simply "common sense" to me.

There is a difference between me playing too predictably/aggressively getting punished for it..And getting into a 45 second staring match with someone who refuses to make a move until I attempt something. It doesn't happen often, but i've had it happen more than a handful of times where I figured out an opponent and they decide to just wait around till I do something. I'm talking about someone who turtles up.

Good matches (or how i feel they are meant to play) are a back and forth of people's aggressions and attempted mix ups. Not one person standing around waiting on the other person to make a move. That's fine to do if someone just like 90% you and You're looking for a way in. Or if you just expended most of your stamina and you don't want to OOS yourself. It's NOT okay to stand locked on for the rest of the round unless I attempt to make a move at you.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2018, 02:46 PM

I wonder what they have planned beyond more reworks. Because while that's nice it's not going to hold my attention for long.

Knight_Raime
04-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Stay the course, Raime.

I'll try.

Play Berserker? When i've had my morning coffee and a good nights sleep some of the mix-ups I can do with him are insane now. I love going full out aggression on turtles and watch them desperately try and keep up with the endless feints. Oh how the tables have turned.

Sorry to hear you're bored though. At the end of February I felt the same. Like i'd reached my peak and there wasn't really anywhere else to go or anything new to do, just the same old scenarios. Kinda like when you kill the last boss on Skyrim and go back to the open world feeling that gutting loss of purpose. I waited a year for my main to get buffs and when he did I found it mostly unsatisfying, like i'd gone from being an underdog (which i love), to the new toxic class that everyone hates. I carved a bloody path for two weeks after S5 dropped but victory didn't taste so sweet somehow.
So I took March and most of April off and played other games instead, and now I feel totally refreshed. Ubi have sorted a few issues, the Arena is up, and we have a few exciting things coming in the near future. I can't wait to get home and smash heads tonight.

Perhaps you need a break too?

Yeah I probs need a good long break.

gear dont mean that much. situational awareness is the most important skill by far. You never get good enuff :) to me it is often more gratifying to master that than the actual swordplay :) to keep 2 ppl at bay by small movements and a few feints.. very gratifying. (fails most of the time, fair enuff)

I'm also arse at external blocking. But i'm seriously considering playing 4v4.

HazelrahFirefly
04-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Gear literally doesn't matter outside of tuning to your playstyle. Even at gearscore 0 you are perfectly competitive, with perhaps a difference of one hit more required for a kill. Its negligable.

Archeun
04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Quit the game or Git Gud seems to be the general consensus.