PDA

View Full Version : Game Balancing

TheeRedKing
04-24-2018, 02:59 AM
Balancing I still find is an issue I am Overall Reputation 45 going against 80's to all the way in the 200's. No matter what game mode I play like in what way is this fair. Like what is the point in displaying overall reputations if the game isn't being balanced off of it. My friend who just got the game is over all 11 and he is now having the same issues like he is be paired with people who are overall Reputation 50's and above and now he is have the same issues. Where being paired with people who are over level with more experience, and stronger gear.

DrinkinMyStella
04-24-2018, 09:41 AM
its skill based matchmaking, you must be pretty good to be against much higher reps. if you do really well in matches then your be against others who are in the same skill bracket. I don't know exactly what they look for to match you whether its KD, KDA, WL etc. I personally think that it shouldn't be skill based but instead completely random and region based. When you start playing against high reps they tend to be in parties so then if your solo you have no chance.

Charmzzz
04-24-2018, 10:29 AM
I am overall Rep 85-ish and I regularly face people with Rep 150 or even 200+ and I wreck em. Rep is, when over 20-something, not correlating to skill. Matchmaking has to be MMR(Skill)-based and not Rep-based as first rule.

They should add a premade vs premade rule imo, but even that has to be MMR-based because when my team faces another team full of "noobs", well, it would have been better for both teams to get "randoms" that are at a similar skill rating.

PDXGorechild
04-24-2018, 12:58 PM
I am overall Rep 85-ish and I regularly face people with Rep 150 or even 200+ and I wreck em. Rep is, when over 20-something, not correlating to skill. Matchmaking has to be MMR(Skill)-based and not Rep-based as first rule.

They should add a premade vs premade rule imo, but even that has to be MMR-based because when my team faces another team full of "noobs", well, it would have been better for both teams to get "randoms" that are at a similar skill rating.

I've noticed this. In fact, I often notice that players boasting rank 100+ are sub par skill wise.

From beta in feb '17 until feb '18 I played solidly. At least an hour or two most days, if not more, and 8 hour or more long sessions at weekends. I'm rank 47. I've seen players in that time 200+. How is this even possible? I can't imagine how you'd do it other than playing every single minute you're awake for a whole year.

Either that or or they bot in order to get ranks and level up's, which would explain why they suck..

Charmzzz
04-24-2018, 01:04 PM
I've noticed this. In fact, I often notice that players boasting rank 100+ are sub par skill wise.

From beta in feb '17 until feb '18 I played solidly. At least an hour or two most days, if not more, and 8 hour or more long sessions at weekends. I'm rank 47. I've seen players in that time 200+. How is this even possible? I can't imagine how you'd do it other than playing every single minute you're awake for a whole year.

Either that or or they bot in order to get ranks and level up's, which would explain why they suck..

Well, I almost double your Rep in the same time and I was on holidays for ~ 2 months in that year where I didnt play once. In the other times I played like you, 1-3 hours after work and more on weekends. I guess it depends largely on overall Winrate (I'm at ~75% playing mostly Dom), how many Orders you did (I do alot of Orders), and how much you played on the double-XP weekends.

SpaceJim12
04-24-2018, 01:36 PM
I got 67, but always think it's cause of my overall play time, when see 200+ reps.
But I made breakes with game, from S5 I play only in weekends for 3-4 hours per day.
And I agree that rep means nothing if you play this game at least 50-60 hours already. And sometimes I think about botting exp when met 100+ reps who are too bad and don't use 70% of their chars moves and mixups.

PDXGorechild
04-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Well, I almost double your Rep in the same time and I was on holidays for ~ 2 months in that year where I didnt play once. In the other times I played like you, 1-3 hours after work and more on weekends. I guess it depends largely on overall Winrate (I'm at ~75% playing mostly Dom), how many Orders you did (I do alot of Orders), and how much you played on the double-XP weekends.

About 60% win rate on dom. 66% on duels though so I blame others :p I guess I could be more efficient at completing orders and sesh-ing double XP weekends, but can't see that it'd make a profound difference.

Still, a rank 200+ must have played 4x the amount I have, which seems impossible if you have a job, girlfriend, and any number of responsibilities. I think with the amount of them about, a lot must be botters.

Knight_Raime
04-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Rep means nothing. And while MM can be improved you're still going to run into higher reps at some point. Game population isn't really big.

DrinkinMyStella
04-25-2018, 05:11 PM
I played around 13days and only overall rep 36 I played at least 2hours a day if I could but had around 6months off. Im guessing that a rep200+ has at least 24-30days played