PDA

View Full Version : Lag Compensation feedback

SpaceJim12
04-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Well, last weekend I have my time with new patch.

First I go to arena, cause I really want to see some moves, that always make me helpless in PvP. See how and why I can't handle with some chars.
And I try Warden vortex as Lawbringer, Aramushi chain as any assassin and of course tried to play against Bers and Kensei.
What was surprised for me, that I have no trouble at all with all this. While always see that timing indicator in green zone, can even see how really slow Kensei feint is.

And of course than I went to PvP match, and how compleatly different it's become. First, lags still there. Even worse sometimes, while I see Shinobi teleporting around zone and (old time issue) emptiness, hitting me, while Mush just stuck in middle heavy attack.

And than I see why it's happend. Most of times game paired me with people who have 100+ ping. Now, as we can see it, it's horrible statistic for PC. One Raider were jumping across 150 and 200 latency and he parry absolutly everithing and after that can land heavy like in 1ms.

I don't know what happend to servers or latency, Ubisoft, but I think it's again time to make a break with your game.
Maybe 33ms compensation is not enough? Or maybe it's time to add latency kick penalty to your servers.

Siegfried-Z
04-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Well i agree.

I have a very good connection like sometimes i have only 5 latency.. most of the ppl have more. When it is still below 50, can be okay but more it makes problems..

And i've tried Arena mode as well, OMG even on PS4, without the latency i can parry EVERY LiGHTS and almost every ZONE.

But then comes the latency on PVP... that's awfull.

That and the match Making which is worst and worst makes really tired.

SpaceJim12
04-23-2018, 12:12 PM
And i've tried Arena mode as well, OMG even on PS4, without the latency i can parry EVERY LiGHTS and almost every ZONE.
But then comes the latency on PVP... that's awfull.

Yeah, Arena with all this indicators and staff, now shows real sittuation with latency lags.
Cause now you can train or check your timings an reaction in perfect conditions, and than just see real picture. I think It's impossible to give good gameplay with individual timings for parry and attacks depends on ping.

But the other side of the coin is that nobody, I believe want players become parry Gods. I mean, noone perfect, I play friquently and still make enough mistakes in rush of fight. But I met people who made no mistakes and this just stupid. What the point of all this feints, moves, GB if you can't do anything with this, cause your opponent read all you moves, parry all attacks, block what can't parry and always attack only in the moment when it's most safe. I really don't want For Honor will become this gameplay style.

Playing_Mantis
04-23-2018, 12:19 PM
yea i can see the zone attacks so easy in arena mode. I'm for sure missing frames in pvp. it just looks different, can they get the game to ever play like the arena in pvp? my latency is usually 15-30 and i think thats not too bad. please work on this ubisoft. it sux being a parry god in the arena then missing half of them in real fights.

SpaceJim12
04-23-2018, 12:56 PM
As I said, Arena is perfect condition. Like bot can't have latency and match up real timings of the game. And this happend to everyone cause in Arena we have p2p, so everyone his own host.
In PvP so much depends on latency.
I have 10-30 ping myself, and feel just fine with most 30 ping players. But even if one or more players 100+ joined to session, whole match become...different.

Siegfried-Z
04-23-2018, 01:21 PM
But the other side of the coin is that nobody, I believe want players become parry Gods. I mean, noone perfect, I play friquently and still make enough mistakes in rush of fight. But I met people who made no mistakes and this just stupid. What the point of all this feints, moves, GB if you can't do anything with this, cause your opponent read all you moves, parry all attacks, block what can't parry and always attack only in the moment when it's most safe. I really don't want For Honor will become this gameplay style.

Well like you i am a rep 80 and in the rush sometimes i still make mistakes, that's happen to every normal players i gess.

But i've met many times ppl like you said which parry everything.. but i believe most of them was cheaters..

Few days ago i've met a PK, he was parrying every time just on the attack i didn't fient (and i feint a lot) so punishing me on that like a BOT reacting at what i am doing.. but in another hand he couldn't counter GB 75% of the times i've GB him... for me you can't be that good at parry and bad at counter GB .. so -> cheater.

Also a Cent few days ago, i gess a parry bot as even my zone and blood feint during the zone were all the times parried even while changing the direction.. human reflex can't do this during a big rush 4vs4...

Ok i am on PS4 but i believe i am kind of good at feinting, parrying etc but some guys are like "Ultra Instinct" in BDZ haha just cheaters man

SpaceJim12
04-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Ok i am on PS4 but i believe i am kind of good at feinting, parrying etc but some guys are like "Ultra Instinct" in BDZ haha just cheaters man

I'm not pretty sure that there could be cheaters on PS4.=) But on PC diffenetly could be a lot cheaters.
Well, block every attack is something usual. Parry most of simple attacks, well, possible. But when one guy could parry different timing heavy and unblockable parry and CGB and dodge almost at the same time, I pretty sure some cheat things are on.
But, as I see on PC reporting means nothing, so I gave up on this and just keep do my best in my playerstyle.

EvoX.
04-23-2018, 03:32 PM
I mean, I really don't know who would read about the 33ms input delay removal and be like: ''Hell yeah, this is exactly the type of lag compensation that's gonna make PvP better''. Its impact on the game is next to none, and I don't understand how it was warranted for this to be a first step when it seems like such a small and insignificant change, a change that could've easily been paired with the full LC package, or at least with a larger portion of it.

Hopefully the real deal comes soon enough, though I'm growing more and more skeptical by the day. The difference between Arena's and PvP's attack speeds and frames is too large as of now.

Mirage6201
04-23-2018, 05:49 PM
They need to expand skill and renown before region in MM. Connecting to the Oregon server if you are close to the Virginia server adds 2x the latency. I have 25ms to Virginia and 50ms to Oregon. I played a round with 7 people with 50ms and one person with 25ms. Wtf is up with that.

They are prioritizing MM over connectivity by expanding region first. It doesnít make sense bc of the latency increase. you could play off different servers if the latency didnít double.

Iím a solo player. I should never play on the Oregon server bc Iím closer to the VA server.

MumfordDaHound
04-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Pretty sure this is the first phase of latency input, they are going to continue to fine tune it.

Kolooo
04-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Straight Forward the game feels like a pile of **** now. Sounds rude, but It really feels like it.

I cant even block anymore, I eat hits like a moron. The duel feels weird and so crap with lag compensation.

My game slows down like a slow mo as mofu because of the **** latency of enemy, animations look stupid as ****.

I played this game on a regular basis. Im not a pro but not **** either. went online for some duels every week but that days are gone.

this lag compensation is crap as hell

wolfman25br
04-23-2018, 08:44 PM
The Lag comp, is already effective on consoles?

Dasteel1974
04-24-2018, 02:20 AM
I am lagging bad now. Before I know it, I am getting hit with. 3 hit when I wasnít even getting hit with the first when it started lagging. BS.

SpaceJim12
04-24-2018, 11:20 AM
The worst thing here is Ubisoft gave us a perfect condition mode, where you cold train, but there are just few times in PvP when you got this perfect condition.

Well, everyone should admit that For Honor is a reaction game, reflex game. Something (like parry, dodge and CGB) are just stayed in you muscle's memory and you do this in reflexes, before even brain could handle input information. But when all the time this muscle memory things happend in a random way, you just can't react proper. And some of this things happend to fast to your brain analyse and react proper.
And Arena did nothing at all, cause you could become very good in perfect condition and than be useless in real life servers with latency.
While we have difference in ping around +/- 100ms, the lag compensation must be 100ms. 33ms didn't do anything.

SpaceJim12
04-24-2018, 11:21 AM
The Lag comp, is already effective on consoles?

No, it's not. But don't worry, on PC it changes nothing.