PDA

View Full Version : Quit penalty

ProtoSoul9
04-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Players have been quitting the match because we are losing, it doesn't affect my connection. However, being placed with all bots and getting my arse handed to me again and again, is getting really annoying now.

People do not like losing and will quit a match to keep their perfect score ratio thing.

It has only been a few days and people are already taking advantage of this. Something needs to be done.

Quit penalty: If they quit, it's an automatic lose, with a time out.

Please and thank you.

KitingFatKidsEZ
04-22-2018, 07:46 PM
It has only been a few days and people are already taking advantage of this. Something needs to be done.

Quit penalty: If they quit, it's an automatic loss, with a time out.

Please and thank you.

Nothing to add here, the increase in leavers is ridiculous.

Had a 1+3botsv4 in a dominion this weekend and a bunch of leavers in duel. And its not like i gain anything or they lose anything when they leave. "match counts as a loss" has absolutely no relevance outside of ranked, it doesnt affect stattrackers (stattrackers LUL), it gives them easier opponents in the future, they get to play a more winnable game immediately.The only thing that happens is that they rob me of the experience of whopping their ***.

And jesus christ this time around please make sure you punish EVERYONE who disconnects from a game, not only the guys who decided to use the ingame UI to exit.

We.the.North
04-22-2018, 10:31 PM
The real underlying problem here is the failure of matchmaking giving us even matches and/or putting us in a game in progress and/or putting us in a game with 3+ bots at the start.

You dont fix people rage quitting by giving them a penalty. You fix the issues causing them to rage quit.

Tirik22x
04-22-2018, 11:48 PM
I canít stand the fact that they got rid of the penalty.....

Dude_of_Valor
04-23-2018, 04:29 PM
Players have been quitting the match because we are losing, it doesn't affect my connection. However, being placed with all bots and getting my arse handed to me again and again, is getting really annoying now.

People do not like losing and will quit a match to keep their perfect score ratio thing.

Please and thank you.

From what people are saying if you quite you get a loss. If this is true then gone are the days of a perfect win ratio.

Vakris_One
04-23-2018, 05:43 PM

Please and thank you.
According to the devs quitting a match now registers as an automatic loss so at least rage quitters won't be padding their win/loss ratios anymore. I don't like that they removed the penalty but at least now it registers quitters with a loss for not even trying.

The real underlying problem here is the failure of matchmaking giving us even matches and/or putting us in a game in progress and/or putting us in a game with 3+ bots at the start.

You dont fix people rage quitting by giving them a penalty. You fix the issues causing them to rage quit.
The legendary meme of Floras disagrees with you. There are certain infamous players who will ragequit simply to pad out their win/loss ratio.

ProtoSoul9
04-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Your right, quitting does count as a lose, a lot of people have been saying the same thing. Thanks guys.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 09:08 PM
I made a post like this on day 1 of the penalty being removed. Itís BS.

Ppl leave EVERY match now if theyíre losing.

Bring the penalty back. I donít remember ppl asking for it to be taken away anyway?

KitingFatKidsEZ
04-27-2018, 06:22 AM
Your right, quitting does count as a lose, a lot of people have been saying the same thing. Thanks guys.

Im pretty sure it still doesnt count unless you use the game UI to quit. Using the methods that worked pre patch to avoid leaver penalty should still work all the same to avoid losses.

I agree with the guy above me as well. Win/loss is not the issue at the end of the day. Its people constantly leaving games. Nobody wants to play with bots on their team. And no moderately intelligent person wants to play against bots half the time.