PDA

View Full Version : Problems for swapping keyboards when you have multiple keyboard languages installed.

Bombastic0013
04-22-2018, 06:55 PM
Hello, i have two keyboards installed and sometimes in game i swap keyboards unintended.
The problem with this game (R6 Siege) is this is the only game where it is really difficult to swap back keyboard in the original language in the game (not uplay i mean).
Usually, i use the windows key and space bar to swap keyboards. That works perfectly with all the games i have ever tested. R6 Siege is the only game that makes problems with it.
The problem does not exist with uplay but only with the game itself... This is very annoying because i use french keyboard (azerty) and it swaps itself sometimes in qwerty mode by playing the game and it is a pain to swap back in the original keyboard. Please take that problem into consideration as this game is the only one making this problem.

Ubi-Bandicoot
04-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Hey Bombastic,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Can you give more information on exactly when the keyboard changes occur in-game, or is there no real pattern to this? This would help us in pinpointing what could be making this happen.

Thanks

Bombastic0013
04-23-2018, 12:43 PM
As i said it was not voluntary, i think i do a manipulation keyboard with no intention just by playing the game normally. (using running, crouching... etc)
The problem is that the process manipulation to swap back is not working always and you have insist a lot of time for the swapping works!
For example, i do the combo windows key + space bar in the chat or outside the chat and i have to repeat it a lot of times sometimes for it works.

Ubi-Bandicoot
04-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Yeah I understand it's not voluntary, I was just seeing if there was a pattern of when the keyboard switched. I can see how this would be annoying if it happened at a bad time or several times in a session.

As this is quite a unique case, I recommend to create a support ticket via https://support.ubi.com/ and include a copy of your Dxdiag and Msinfo (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/) so the R6S Team can take a look and note the feedback on this.