PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Zones

JamesTGood
04-22-2018, 10:47 AM
How about the faster the zone, the less damage? This game is so annoying with orochi/warden/pk zone spam doing the same amount of damage as heavys.

Dane520123
04-22-2018, 01:10 PM
Pretty sure their zone DMg is no where near as strong as a heavy, especially not orochiís. So you can stop bsin yourself

EvoX.
04-22-2018, 02:31 PM
PK's Zone will most likely be changed soon. Warden's and Orochi's probably won't be, devs don't really have a problem with fast Zones since they gave Kensei one. As for the damage, they're a middle ground between a light and a heavy, but for some reason are treated as a heavy on a parry, which in my opinion is the only thing those attacks need as a change - make them a light so you get more reward for parrying the fastest attack in that character's arsenal.

Knight_Raime
04-22-2018, 02:43 PM
All of those zones you listed do 20 damage. And on those classes you listed their heavies do at least 10 damage more. So saying they do heavy damage isn't true.

JamesTGood
04-22-2018, 08:23 PM
How about the faster the zone, the less damage? This game is so annoying with orochi/warden/pk zone spam doing the same amount of damage as heavys.
Thata fair enough about the damage difference, it was more of an exaggeration. But in my opinion 20 is still alot for how fast they come out and they should be considered lights since they dont get executions off them, when you kill someone with those zones. Therefore 20 damage is still too much in my opinion for a spamable move.

Knight_Raime
04-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Thata fair enough about the damage difference, it was more of an exaggeration. But in my opinion 20 is still alot for how fast they come out and they should be considered lights since they dont get executions off them, when you kill someone with those zones. Therefore 20 damage is still too much in my opinion for a spamable move.

Zones always come from the same side, cost half your stamina, and have to be committed to. They absolutely should not get punished harsher.

Cliff_001
04-22-2018, 09:03 PM
I would make it a light parry, its basically a free safe attack for most characters.

Knight_Raime
04-23-2018, 12:22 AM
I would make it a light parry, its basically a free safe attack for most characters.

Then zones would effectively be dead. They're far too easy to predict, don't do good damage, and eat half your stamina to consume.
No.

Vrbas1
04-23-2018, 12:38 AM
make them a light so you get more reward for parrying the fastest attack in that character's arsenal.

This. Or make it how Warden zone used to be susceptible to a GB if blocked, that way there's at least some risk involved. The heavy stamina cost doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent because of spacial allowance and recharge rate.

Cliff_001
04-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Then zones would effectively be dead. They're far too easy to predict, don't do good damage, and eat half your stamina to consume.
No.
I don't think so, its not like they get parried all the time. I don't think it would change a whole lot honestly except benefiting the few who actually parry it. Most would still just try and block it.

Knight_Raime
04-23-2018, 01:40 AM
I don't think so, its not like they get parried all the time. I don't think it would change a whole lot honestly except benefiting the few who actually parry it. Most would still just try and block it.

We must vs different skill tiers. because zone spam is parried a lot in my experiences.
only way i'd be comfortable with zones rewarding a light punish is if their damage was bumped up or their stamina cost dropped.

Alustar.
04-23-2018, 01:53 AM
Yeah zone attacks do get parried, and frequently. This is true for both 1v1 and in 4v4. This is why you don't see many use them, even when a player is outnumbered, which is where you are supposed to be able use them more readily. Fight higher rep players and throw out zones frequently, watch how fast your zones get parried. Even PK and warden zones are susceptible to this, hell I deflect warden zones from point blank.

Cliff_001
04-23-2018, 02:52 AM
We must vs different skill tiers. because zone spam is parried a lot in my experiences.
only way i'd be comfortable with zones rewarding a light punish is if their damage was bumped up or their stamina cost dropped.
I guess, I usually fight 100+ reps even fight groups of them and I can count on one hand the amount of times my zone has been parried and I've played this game for over a month total play time. I believe its around 44 days or so. Anyway bottom line is they are usually sub 500ms attacks, very similar to lights and on top of that they do not need to be telegraphed by your guard. Seems like a pretty safe move to me.

Aurockson
04-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Holy **** how many fingers do you have!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Aurockson
04-24-2018, 05:43 PM

how about we go with your idea once they get buffed to do as much as heavies.. I would love to Hit for 49(w/bleed?) damage on every PK zone that'd be incredible.. But until then I think the 20 damage that they do right now is fine..