PDA

View Full Version : How is game after few months away? Even worse

Erhanninja
04-21-2018, 04:57 PM
I gave this game a break after they started nerfing Conq for reworks. However Iím back now and I can see he is worse than ever before! I donít know who they listened to or thought making this rework. Fine remove free GB after heavy block but no shield bash after full block stance? How is that improvement exactly? Itís no super powerful move but sometimes useful so thatís gone. No heavy after forward shield bash thatís gone. No superior block thatís gone. Free heavy after blocking non full block stance but full block stance has never been so sluggish and unresponsive hard to tell if itís working or not. I parry but get no GB so Iím guessing thatís new thing? Oh running shield bash gives no heavy I mean why even remove that? Itís such a risky move. Canít even get a reward for that? On the other hand Kensei is absolutely crazy. He wasnít even weak

Archeun
04-21-2018, 09:58 PM
I agree. In my opinion, most of the changes are making the game worse. They are making characters more cancerous. Personally, I know 10 people who have quit the game for good. Cheating is rampant with software being used to block/parry all over the place. This game was so much fun but I'll never buy another Ubi game just because of how much this game has frustrated me.

Specialkha
04-21-2018, 11:49 PM
I gave this game a break after they started nerfing Conq for reworks. However I’m back now and I can see he is worse than ever before! I don’t know who they listened to or thought making this rework. Fine remove free GB after heavy block but no shield bash after full block stance? How is that improvement exactly? It’s no super powerful move but sometimes useful so that’s gone. No heavy after forward shield bash that’s gone. No superior block that’s gone. Free heavy after blocking non full block stance but full block stance has never been so sluggish and unresponsive hard to tell if it’s working or not. I parry but get no GB so I’m guessing that’s new thing? Oh running shield bash gives no heavy I mean why even remove that? It’s such a risky move. Can’t even get a reward for that? On the other hand Kensei is absolutely crazy. He wasn’t even weak

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about.

Kensei was before its rework one of the worst hero. Now, he is Tier A, same as conq after rework.
Conq now is easier to be overwhelmed in 4v4, but is stronger in 1v1.

Just learn to play with it.

Erhanninja
04-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Ummm I have been playing this game since alpha so Iím pretty sure I know what Iím talking about.

How is he exactly stronger in 1v1? What makes him stronger? All the moves makes the Conq is gone. Because you can GB in full stance or heavy in full block stance?

Im really curious about Conq main players opinion

We.the.North
04-23-2018, 12:20 AM
Cheating is rampant with software being used to block/parry all over the place.

At high elo, this. Cheating autoguardbreak / block is rampant. My stealthed Shinobi's ranged guardbreak gets countered from impossible to see angles or by people with spiderman hyper senses performing 20 actions at the same time. I've seen someone busy against someone else (I'm a stealth shinobi hidden behind my target) ; my target would parry an attack, activate revenge and during the revenge activation he'd think to counter guardbreak my ranged GB coming from a dead camera angle. I dont buy this ****.

In Dominion, a lot of people activate some kind of "god mode" when they drop to 20% hp and then, wait for revenge. It's crazy how you can easily damage someone and all of a sudden, he parries and block and counter guardbreak EVERYTHING you throw at him and gets revenge twice. With gear stats being higher and higher every seasons, revenge now procs almost instantly, even in 1v1.

Despite all this, the game is unique in its genre and I still play. But I get easily frustrated by some things the game sometime throws at me.

PDXGorechild
04-23-2018, 09:46 AM
Ummm I have been playing this game since alpha so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about.

How is he exactly stronger in 1v1? What makes him stronger? All the moves makes the Conq is gone. Because you can GB in full stance or heavy in full block stance?

Im really curious about Conq main players opinion

Time played doesn't necessarily correlate to knowledge about how balance works, self-evident in this case. Perhaps you need to get used to the changes more before forming an opinion, I made the same mistake with my Berserker main. Conqueror is drastically better than he was, as are all the classes that were reworked.

I'm not a conqueror main, but from what I see they gave him much more in the way of offence and dulled down his defence a slightly (Not a bad thing, as superior block all the time was annoying and fed into the defensive meta massively). Shield uppercut is a good addition. He has various light/heavy/shield bash mix-up chains, increased speed and damage on light attacks, increased damage on top heavies, unblockable values on charged attacks... etc. He still has arguably the best defence in the game, but is now a strong contender on offence as well. Personally I always had trouble with conquerors, but they're now one of my strongest counters. I hate fighting a good Conq.

Imo these changes seem to make him more of a presence in 4v4 and 1v1. Obviously excelling more at 1v1 due to the nature of his style of play. Solid A tier character.

DrinkinMyStella
04-23-2018, 10:47 AM
the rework to conq has actually had a really positive vibe in the community, your the first I've seen to mention that you think he is worse. He now has more ways to open up and has more tools to his advantage. Ive never liked conq before but when I played him after the rework I think he's actually A-tier hero now, just the flay uppercut once you get the timing down is enough to bring him up a few tiers.

Playing_Mantis
04-23-2018, 12:14 PM
are you kidding me? i hope this is a troll post because the conc is actually broken op and the devs even said he's crushing the win percentages right now. he's the best 1v1 player currently and he has defiantly gotten better. i don't think u know how to play him with his new buffs correctly or you would not be making this post. learn him before he gets a nerf if u want to win every battle.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Hi there, rep 10 Conq here, been playing since Beta.
With the rework the Full Block Stance no longer gives a free shield bash, but gives a free, guaranteed heavy if a player, or even a minion hits your shield, to state again, blocking in fullblock allows an attack that there is no way to avoid, no dodge, no blocking, no parrying, nothing, it's just free.
Superior Block used to be on regular block and dodge, but not on full. To make Full Block more defensive they moved the Superior Block property from neutral to full.
Light attacks were sped up, you still get a free light on a shield bash.
Conscript's Attrition (infinite Light chain) can now have heavies mixed in and you can soft feint the heavies into Shieldbash for a free light and begin the chain again.
Fully charged heavy is now an unblockable and can also be soft feinted into a shieldbash
Conq can no longer use full block to feint lights :(
Conq can still feint heavies into Full Block and can no longer dodge out of full block.

Conq was low tier but now is easily in the top tier in both dominion and dueling.
Also, in regards to GB after parry, we cannot get the GB on any character because several characters were very good at "Parry and Carry" to one-shot people. parrying a heavy gets you a light, parrying a light gets you a heavy. Except against the Conq, if you parry a Conq light they can still block the heavy, just another thing to help Conq be really good

Roseguard_Cpt
04-23-2018, 05:03 PM
Also shield tackle now gets you absolutely nothing. It is only helpful to ledge someone who isn't paying attention.

I like seeing the Conq being more powerful than previously, but I still prefer the Old Conq and don't care for the direction For Honor is going. Only played about 4 matches with new Conq, it's just not as fun anymore. I was the sort of Conq to go crazy feinting lights, heavies, and randomly bashing. Now the playstyle has been made a lot more linear and aggressive to the point of constant spam. I agree the turtle meta was bad, but I don't think making defense unviable and giving characters crazy offensive kits is the way to go

Vakris_One
04-24-2018, 02:30 AM
I gave this game a break after they started nerfing Conq for reworks. However Iím back now and I can see he is worse than ever before!

On the other hand Kensei is absolutely crazy. He wasnít even weak

worse than ever before...

He wasnít even weak

WaSNít eVeN WEak

https://i.imgur.com/KyIU51m.gif

Top kek.

PDXGorechild
04-24-2018, 08:27 AM
Bur