PDA

View Full Version : Brace ability

ballon009
04-21-2018, 03:52 AM
This is a simple solution for the crappy deflect system currently in game. It has to do with how the game is positioned on the 360 *.

think of it as a over lap zone between the cross over areas. Consider them AB, AC, CB. This cross over would be about 20 degrees. Think of it as a constantly up guard that does not require to block. If an enemy hit there and you use a light attack within 1000ms it will slide your weapon into the enemy shoulder. This would deal 60 damage.

The logic here is that it will allow classes that actually use counters for proper balancing. Currently classes like kensi, orochi, peacekeeper, and shinobi are at a massive disadvantage due to most of their kits requiring a half bareable pin. As such it would allow a proper use of mechanics rather then having to use light spam.

-> this would also balance warden, shaman, lawbringer, and nobushi. Since the class would be punished significantly for spamming light atttacks. It would force people to actually use their brain rather the grabbing and then exploiting light attacks.

Vrbas1
04-21-2018, 05:06 AM
You realize the LB doesn't spam lights right? It just feels that way because it's his ONLY opener besides turtling.

Alustar.exe
04-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Deflect is fine, I don't see what the problem really is? You time your dodge you not only completely negate their attack, but you simultaneously get to hit them back for free. AND IT'S FAST! You don't get this from parry. The only problems they had with deflect they are solving right now, with lag compensation and the ability to deflect multiple hits within the window.
The suggestion you've pointed out just sounds overly convoluted, not to mention from the looks of it, you essentially want to give all class this "deflect", and that's a big no no. That's not balancing anything, it's more of a nerf to assassins while buffing every other class.

Halvtand
04-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Sounds waaaaay too easy.
So all i have to do is block in a smaller area that actually covers two areas instead of one. Then launch a light attack within one second of blocking in any of those two directions and I get basically a full Cent cutscene worth of damage.

ArmoredChocobo
04-22-2018, 05:23 AM
You want Nobushi punished for doing the only thing she does well...

Her GB has pathetically short range for a character thatís about keeping a distance, and her heavies are slow and begging to be parried.

Why else do you think she packs so many bleeds + Way of the Shark? She has few mix-ups and 1 unblockable that she canít spam. Sheís designed to kill you with 1000 tiny cuts.

Thatís why I like her, honestly.

Hidden Stance is her most annoying move, and if donít feint that out of her she deserves to punish you for it.

For peteís sake youíre suggesting a hard-counter nerf to a B-tier. Thereís plenty of big fish to fry before pulling Bushi out of the freezer.

Jazz117Volkov
04-22-2018, 09:29 AM
...Think of it as a constantly up guard that does not require to block...

...-> this would also balance warden, shaman, lawbringer, and nobushi. Since the class would be punished significantly for spamming light atttacks...
I'm going to go out on a limb here (not a very long one) and say the only issue is you can't react to 500 ms lights.

Knight_Raime
04-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Deflect shouldn't undergo a huge mechanical change to compensate for your reaction times.
If you want deflect to be different please put up an actual argument on why it should be.