PDA

View Full Version : Duel Tourney Rewards @UBI

ilikeguns12
04-20-2018, 08:29 PM
I recently just read somewhere (possibly on the forums of an fb page) that the current duel rewards (allotted throughout seasons 3-5) will no longer be available once season 5 ends. This came as a huge surprise to me because I have yet to even involve myself in a duel tourney because of the ridiculous matchmaking times. I've really wanted the Pegasus Mohawk ornament (not sure of the name) that the knights can get for multiple of my heroes, but the only time I've attempted to match make for a duel tourney, I gave up after 15-20 minutes. I play at most, 2-3 hours a day and I am just not willing to spend an hour in matchmaking as others have claimed they've done. Simultaneously, I'll be super butthurt if the current rewards will never be available to myself because of this. I'm confident I could easily win a duel tourney with multiple heroes, I just have no interest in match making for that amount of time to potentially lose and have to do it over again. The risk to reward for the game mode is super imbalanced. All I'd really like to ask is that somehow the ornaments and what not that are strictly duel tourney loot be made available through another mode. Whether it be a limited time event in the future, or just that they are maintained as rewards for the duel tourney mode through the coming season so that myself and others may at least have another chance to invest in our time towards getting these limited pieces. I looked through the threads fast to make sure that the devs hadn't brought this topic up previously, hopefully I'm not repeating the same slew as someone else.

EvoX.
04-20-2018, 08:38 PM
There is no such thing as an hour in matchmaking. I spent 2 hours in tourneys today, and each of the 3 I was in took from 3-5 minutes to sort me in a team. And keep in mind I'm on PC, the platform where apparently only a very small percentage of For Honor's players are on.

Though yes, you are correct that the rewards for going through the tournaments are definitely not worth the effort.

UbiJurassic
04-20-2018, 08:59 PM
It is true that we will be taking away the current season's Ranked Duel rewards, as well as the previous two season's rewards as well. It was always the intention that each season would feature exclusive rewards that could only be attained during the length of the season. However, we kept both Season 3 and 4's rewards in this season so that Red NAT players, who previously could not get play Ranked Duels.

Now that all players have had a chance to get the rewards for a majority of the season, we will be going back to making the rewards elusive for each season. Our Game Director, Damien, did mention that we may look for ways to make them available again in the future though.

HazelrahFirefly
04-20-2018, 09:16 PM
There is no such thing as an hour in matchmaking. I spent 2 hours in tourneys today, and each of the 3 I was in took from 3-5 minutes to sort me in a team. And keep in mind I'm on PC, the platform where apparently only a very small percentage of For Honor's players are on.

Though yes, you are correct that the rewards for going through the tournaments are definitely not worth the effort.

Yes, there is. Not a straight hour mind you. In the morning for PS4, NA time, when I usually get to play, Duel Ranked is a ghost town. I've spent 10 minutes looking for a tourney, having it cancel out, trying again and so on for hours.

That's a big reason why I am so frustrated and losing my mind. I don't get to play enough to have a chance of earning the best rewards.

EvoX.
04-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Yes, there is. Not a straight hour mind you. In the morning for PS4, NA time, when I usually get to play, Duel Ranked is a ghost town.

Gee, I wonder why. Could it be because nobody plays For Honor, or any game for that matter, in the morning?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the best time to play it is after 17:00, in the early hours of the night. That's when people are mostly at their homes for one reason or another, that's when Ranked Duels are a breeze to find.

HazelrahFirefly
04-21-2018, 03:10 AM
You say that like having to constrain to a specific time frame is a good sign for a multiplayer game.

You can find matches in... any other game? at all times for every region.

Vakris_One
04-21-2018, 01:31 PM
You say that like having to constrain to a specific time frame is a good sign for a multiplayer game.

You can find matches in... any other game? at all times for every region.
I've played plenty of multiplayer games where a certain mode is only busy during peak hours. In Rocket League for example, a game with roughly three times the active playerbase of For Honor, the Lab/Experimental mode is always the least played and its numbers only really pick up during after work hours in my respective timezone.

SHRiIVIP
04-22-2018, 02:15 AM
Gee, I wonder why. Could it be because nobody plays For Honor, or any game for that matter, in the morning?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the best time to play it is after 17:00, in the early hours of the night. That's when people are mostly at their homes for one reason or another, that's when Ranked Duels are a breeze to find.

I did it at 2 in the morning earlier today on Xbox and got into tournaments matches within 5 minutes time and time again. Took me 4 to get the Pegasus Rider ornament and played a few after that. You just have to be patient.

ilikeguns12
04-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Ah that'd be great. I really hope you guys decide to make them obtainable. For the time being, I guess I'm just going to tough out the matchmaking times. Thanks for the quick response

ilikeguns12
04-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Multiple people have told me they waited around an hour to get into a SINGLE duel tourney. The times I've queued I waited 15-20 mins before giving up. If it were 5 minute waits I would've gotten into one by now

BLOOD-E-BARON
04-23-2018, 11:30 PM
I've tried to get into multiple tournaments and to no avail, I'm playing on PS4 in Australia. I normally drop out after waiting 20 mins to find a game

EvoX.
04-23-2018, 11:44 PM
This happened two times for the last two days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW6rOxv00O0

HazelrahFirefly
04-24-2018, 02:39 AM
Must be nice to be you. Pat your modem on the back?

Most of mine were relatively quick tonight, but one time I waited 33 minutes. PS4.

Vakris_One
04-24-2018, 11:23 AM
This happened two times for the last two days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW6rOxv00O0
Cries in PC :(