PDA

View Full Version : 50/50 removal, warlord superior block rework and more.

SpazzMaticuz
04-20-2018, 05:20 PM
I've been playing this game since launch including closed alpha and noticed that there are these things that are added into the game, everyone complains about them and somehow they remain untouched. My first example is gonna be Warden's shoulder bash you can cancel into other things.

1. Warden's 50/50 has no real counters except for side attacks or quick attacks, Warden alone is one of the reasons we don't see heavies in tournaments and duels. Why was there no update to it? Is it fair that only assassins and some hybrids have a counter play while the rest of heroes don't? Perhaps it's time for Warden's rework, removal of 50/50 or at least allowing players to gb through the shoulder bash/ adding a counter to the move for all heroes.

2. Warlord has this "hero specific" trait that makes his light attacks grant him a superior block during start up. The thing is it is nowhere as effective as a parry followed with a guaranteed heavy/shield bash + light. On top of that the superior block has nearly invisible time frame in which you have to launch your light attack to successfully block an attack. It's easy to fail and get punished for not parrying or blocking instead. Not only is effectiveness is underwhelming but also this attack opens you up for a parry if enemy pulled off a feint. Put short: High risk/low reward, situational, loss of potential parry, (IRL) you put your index finger off of the guard break to try using superior block during which you can get gb while having a finger on the left mouse button make it hard to react and replace the finger and then counter gb. The last one seems like not such a big deal, I almost made it look laughable but hey the arena mode is here so be free to check it for yourself. This is a really strange thing considering that WL to have no heavy or gb guaranteed after parrying.

3. Peacekeeper zone attack, this thing is a beast, it's way too hard to react when compared to any other attacks in the game, also shaman. Also Aramusha, why can this dude spam feinting light attacks people request nerfing bz while this hero is still on the run.

4. Why do we have a team based mode like tribute in the game where playing as a team is crucial while we all start our game with our teams and enemies premuted. Seriously? If I asked for safe space I'd simply open up tumblr.

5. Kensei's pommel attack after canceling top heavy has no counter, just like Warden's shoulder bash. If we want to keep the game from having only a few heroes playable outside of low tier then maybe counters for every move should be considered.

BTTrinity
04-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Wardens hard counter is something EVERYONE has access to... Rolling.

I cant speak for warlords kit, but NOBODY has GB after parry.... they removed that in the beginning of the season.... And his parry follow ups are the same as everyone else, parry a light and you get a heavy, parry a heavy and you get a light.

PK just needs a rework, tone down her zone, but make it so she can cancel CHAINED heavy's into GB, and make it so she can cancel bleed stab in any direction like shaman.

Also Shaman is now fine for the most part (Coming from someone who hates her with a burning passion) her throw distance and bugged gap closer is still a thing, but for the most part is headed in the right direction.

Kensei requires patience to fight, he forces you into his mindgames/mixups but they're pretty reactable imo, even pommel bash... Just takes some time to get used to him.... Trust me, its hell of a lot harder for Kensei to react to your reactions, than it is for you to react to him.

SpazzMaticuz
04-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Warden can force you into rolling, and again, and again, and you're out of stamina while he repeats the process while punishing you since you're exhausted. There definitely should be no attack with no counter play except for rolling.

I didn't realize that gb change, thanks for letting me know. In case YOU didn't know centurion's heavies are free after the parry, same with side heavies on warden I believe.

Knight_Raime
04-20-2018, 09:47 PM
I've been playing this game since launch including closed alpha and noticed that there are these things that are added into the game, everyone complains about them and somehow they remain untouched. My first example is gonna be Warden's shoulder bash you can cancel into other things.

1. Warden's 50/50 has no real counters except for side attacks or quick attacks, Warden alone is one of the reasons we don't see heavies in tournaments and duels. Why was there no update to it? Is it fair that only assassins and some hybrids have a counter play while the rest of heroes don't? Perhaps it's time for Warden's rework, removal of 50/50 or at least allowing players to gb through the shoulder bash/ adding a counter to the move for all heroes.

2. Warlord has this "hero specific" trait that makes his light attacks grant him a superior block during start up. The thing is it is nowhere as effective as a parry followed with a guaranteed heavy/shield bash + light. On top of that the superior block has nearly invisible time frame in which you have to launch your light attack to successfully block an attack. It's easy to fail and get punished for not parrying or blocking instead. Not only is effectiveness is underwhelming but also this attack opens you up for a parry if enemy pulled off a feint. Put short: High risk/low reward, situational, loss of potential parry, (IRL) you put your index finger off of the guard break to try using superior block during which you can get gb while having a finger on the left mouse button make it hard to react and replace the finger and then counter gb. The last one seems like not such a big deal, I almost made it look laughable but hey the arena mode is here so be free to check it for yourself. This is a really strange thing considering that WL to have no heavy or gb guaranteed after parrying.

3. Peacekeeper zone attack, this thing is a beast, it's way too hard to react when compared to any other attacks in the game, also shaman. Also Aramusha, why can this dude spam feinting light attacks people request nerfing bz while this hero is still on the run.

4. Why do we have a team based mode like tribute in the game where playing as a team is crucial while we all start our game with our teams and enemies premuted. Seriously? If I asked for safe space I'd simply open up tumblr.

5. Kensei's pommel attack after canceling top heavy has no counter, just like Warden's shoulder bash. If we want to keep the game from having only a few heroes playable outside of low tier then maybe counters for every move should be considered.

1) Warden has no 50/50. and 50/50's do not exist because rolling exists. A 50/50 forces you to make a guess and if you guess wrong you eat damage. Rolling removes the guess. There for no 50/50. Also anyoen with a 500ms attack or dodge attack beats his charge games. Granted he can cancel to parry. But i've yet to meet a single warden capable of doing so.

2) Warlord isn't the only person with superior block property.

3) it's a 400ms attack. Rest your guard right and react to everything else. Aramusha can't feint lights.

4) ?

5) Kensei's pommel can be evaded on any hero with a side dodge or back dodge because it has zero tracking. Further more heros with 500ms and 600ms dodge recoveries on the side can avoid the pommel and anything he soft feints from his neutral top heavy. and some can even punish him. Finally you can actually stuff the pommel with a 500ms attack. (all but like 2 heros have one) so it definitely has counters.

Your issue is both skill and lack of knowledge. Next time before posting an opinion you should actually use google to see if what you think is true is actually true.

Hormly
04-20-2018, 11:11 PM
The warden vortex is a glowing example of character design done poorly, its effects were dimjnished with nerfs but never 'fixed'. People who say 'just roll', should have doo-doo placed in their mouths

As for the WL light parry mechanic, it is a potentially cool ability, my only issue is that i cant 'flick' my wrist and parry like i can with a normal parry, seems like it has a longer startup, and because of this i almost never use it.

If its timing was the same as a normal parry id use it often actually, as it covers you in the event that the attack was a feint and your opponent was following up with a gb or another attack. Unless youre fighting a hyper armor soaked zerker youll really mess up their strat that way and adds another layer to WL strategy.

There are a few silly zones in this game, PK being one of em, i suspect shes up next for a rework so we shall see what becomes of it.

mrmistark
04-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Not every character can interupt warden with a light, this is true. Those characters would be conq, Shugoki, and Raider. Raider can GB during dodge, conq beats bash and GB with his own bash, and Shugoki has HA so he attacks through.

Either way you look at it, every character has a counter.