PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Shinobi's back dodge can no longer combo into a 2nd dodge

PepsiBeastin
04-19-2018, 07:11 PM
When attempting no matter what direction is input, Shinobi just rolls instead.

Also, can we please nerf move tracking of backflip? A kensei can dodge your kick, delay his heavy to see if you flip, and if you do he can trigger his dodge attack which while traveling sideways, tracking you forward for 10 feet to hit you at the end of the backflip.

In simpler terms:

1. Last patch, shinobi could dodge backwards by either holding back and dodging, or just pressing dodge from neutral, then put in a side dodge and it would function as a double. Now, it triggers a roll rather than going into a side dodge.

2. WIth the backflip, I want it to function as a dodge. At the moment, any moves that have tracking capabilities completely negate the backflip. For a move used to "create space", its sure does a horrible job at it.

Something else that really bothers me, Aramusha and Shaman being able to feint jump attacks. It's much worse with Shaman, but its still annoying with aramusha since the entire rest of the cast (besides shaman) can't feint the far-range jump attacks, so if you try to deflect them he just cancels it and guardbreaks your dodge.

IlMacgyverIl
04-19-2018, 07:22 PM
The double back Dodge was taken away when they first nerfed the shinobi.

You have to Dodge to the side and cancel that Dodge with a back Dodge to move backwards.

The way you talk about the backflip makes it seem like you want to nerf the back flip negatively for the shinobi. Is that what you meant? or you want it to actually Dodge the attacks?

PepsiBeastin
04-19-2018, 07:30 PM
The double back Dodge was taken away when they first nerfed the shinobi.

You have to Dodge to the side and cancel that Dodge with a back Dodge to move backwards.

The way you talk about the backflip makes it seem like you want to nerf the back flip negatively for the shinobi. Is that what you meant? or you want it to actually Dodge the attacks?

Let me break it down for you

1. Last patch, shinobi could press dodge without a directional input to go backwards, then put in a side dodge and it would function as a double. Now, it triggers a roll rather than going into a side dodge.

2. WIth the backflip, I want it to function as a dodge. At the moment, any moves that have tracking capabilities completely negate the backflip. For a move used to "create space", its sure does a horrible job at it.

IlMacgyverIl
04-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Let me break it down for you

1. Last patch, shinobi could press dodge without a directional input to go backwards, then put in a side dodge and it would function as a double. Now, it triggers a roll rather than going into a side dodge.

1. Sounds like a bug that NEEDED to be patched. no direction input = back Dodge? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

2. I agree with you partially because there are times where a backflip looks as though it should Dodge the attack and you end up eating it.
However, if the kensei side Dodge attack has the Undodgeable property... Then it's working as it should.

you should take your breakdown and edit your post with it so it's clear to others.

Tirik22x
04-19-2018, 08:06 PM
Hahahaha

PepsiBeastin
04-19-2018, 08:07 PM
1. Sounds like a bug that NEEDED to be patched. no direction input = back Dodge? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

2. I agree with you partially because there are times where a backflip looks as though it should Dodge the attack and you end up eating it.
However, if the kensei side Dodge attack has the Undodgeable property... Then it's working as it should.

you should take your breakdown and edit your post with it so it's clear to others.

I guess I said it in a weird way. The back dodge thing wasn't a bug or exploit or whatever, its just that holding backwards and walking then doing a dodge lets you dodge back then sideways, so sometimes its more simple to just not be walking backwards. Its similar to how orochi's storm rush is, you wouldn't call it a bug that he can trigger his stance from a normal back dodge without pressing backwards direction.