PDA

View Full Version : Return the original AFK timer.

PanzerShrekonin
04-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Was playing brawl and my teammate decided to interrupt the fight.

If you play brawl, you're aware that most people play it like duels. Well my teammate didn't and thats fine. Do what you want.

But I backed off my opponent because im like most people. Its duels. Its to showcase your own skill.

ANYWAYS.

I just sit there watching, waiting for my opponent or my teammate to win.... and im kicked as soon as the opponent kills my teammate... because of the afk timer. Sat there just slow clapping for about ten seconds after seeing that.

Thanks game.

Return original afk timer or put new paramters in.

Archaelion
04-17-2018, 08:29 PM
There is nothing more frustrating than getting kicked while actually playing the game. In a game of for honor where you are PENALIZED for ganging up on the opponent(dishonorable bonuses) incentivizing players to wait for a 1v1 or move to a different opponent(which you can't do in brawl). This exact situation happened to me too and I've always been kicked for boosting zones in dominion or playing defense on tribute. The afk timer needs to be removed and rely on community/botting report at this point because it's unacceptable. It's more of an inconvenience to flicker my character movement around every 3 seconds for fear of getting kicked while waiting for an opponent to showup. Also, what's the point of having idle effects on your character. Is that the afk timer alert that you have 5 seconds to move your character or you'll be kicked?

FredEx919
04-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Everyone has their style of play, but I wouldn't suggest just standing and not moving at all during a match.The AFK timers are pretty short right now in attempt to deal with the farming situation, but we will be removing the 10 minute quit penalty for non ranked modes in the next patch. Keep moving during your matches, even if just to avoid the kick for inactivity.

No0b.Nr.1
04-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Its just so sad FredEx . I can remeber talk about afk-farmer a long time ago, I began to report farmers with screenshots to support to get the hell out of them and their annoying standing around. I write like 2 or 3 threads just about afkfarmers and me and many people gave nice ideas !! U and ur mates of UBI " WE WILL HAVE OUR NEW AFK KICKER WHICH WILL BE RELEASE SOON "
AND WHAT U ACUTALLY JUST DID IS shorter time to get kicked ! BUT SERIOUSLY just muck around . I just got kicked for " OPEN THE FRIEND LIST TO SEE WHAT FRIEND SEND ME AS MESSAGE AND WRITE BACK WHILE STANDING In ZONE >>>> KICK . " GO TO DOOR BECAUS POST BRING MY NEW HEADSET ">>> KICK . "GO FOR LIKE 1 MIN TO WC " >>> KICK... and THE JOKE IS U GET 10 min punishment.

SADLY I JUST CAN SAY u dont give a fak about this and ur solution for this problem is the WORST .

Roseguard_Cpt
04-18-2018, 04:24 PM
The only thing I would like with the AFK timer is if we get a little common courtesy of actually seeing the timer, such as it appearing where the "Team Breaking" Countdown goes, or display it over the minimap/where the minimap would be. Currently watching a duel and then getting kicked with no warning seems a bit, "Rude" perhaps.
If we could have a little "Still There?" popup with a timer perhaps it would be alright.

bmason1000
04-18-2018, 10:04 PM
The only thing I would like with the AFK timer is if we get a little common courtesy of actually seeing the timer, such as it appearing where the "Team Breaking" Countdown goes, or display it over the minimap/where the minimap would be. Currently watching a duel and then getting kicked with no warning seems a bit, "Rude" perhaps.
If we could have a little "Still There?" popup with a timer perhaps it would be alright. That's not a bad idea. Would that make it easier for people to create scripts or bots to beat it, though? Just a heads up, I don't know a damned thing about programming but that seems like a legitimate question. Bots can work off visual ques, yeah?