PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander basic.cfg

Oulton
11-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi, does SH3 Commander have it's own basic.cfg file ?
I edited the original basic.cfg file within SH3 but when I launch the game through SH3 Commander
the edits I made are voided.
If I make the same edits and then launch SH3 as a standalone prog then they work.

Regards - Oulton

Top Tip
" never wash your hair with your hat on "

Oulton
11-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi, does SH3 Commander have it's own basic.cfg file ?
I edited the original basic.cfg file within SH3 but when I launch the game through SH3 Commander
the edits I made are voided.
If I make the same edits and then launch SH3 as a standalone prog then they work.

Regards - Oulton

Top Tip
" never wash your hair with your hat on "

JScones
11-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Depends on:

a) what version of SH3 Commander you are using; and,
b) what values you are changing.

Pls advise.

Oulton
11-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Thank you for replying, before I go on, please let me explain that I must be one of the worst
U Boat captains in the world !

Getting out of the base is something of a lottery,and making it to open sea is nigh on a miracle!
Never the less, I do get a lot of pleasure from SH3, but I need a lot of help from your programme
and other mods too ( thank you all modders )

I am using SH3 Commander Pack Release 2.3 for the " no fatigue ", " deck gun reload times " and
awarding every medal I can, to every member of the crew to increase their efficency.

( I dare not say what my realism % is ! )

In a recent post on this forum I saw this, "Use Deck and Flak gun in all weathers plus more ammo"

Wow ! just what I need !

The problem is that I cannot get these to work whilst launching SH3 from SH3 Commander.

I have edited the basic.cfg as directed and saved the file, launch the game without SH3 Commander
and it works ok, hence the question does SH3 Commander have it's own basic.cfg file ?
Or is there another way around this ?

Below are the lines in the basic.cfg that I would like to modify :

SilentHunterIII / Data / Cfg / Basic.CFG

[AMMO_TYPE0];10.5cm SK C/32
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=40
HE=60
SS=20
Renown=0

[AMMO_TYPE1];8.8cm SK C/35
Idx=1
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=40
HE=160
SS=40
Renown=0

SilentHunterIII / Data / Submarine / NSS_Uboat7b / NSS_Uboat7b.CFG

StormConditions=7,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

Change the 7 to 19 and then right after it, the 0.1 to 0.9

Maybe you can advise please ?

Thank you, and regards de Oulton

73's

ps. I'm off now on another patrol, maybe I can get lucky and find a fishing boat !

JScones
11-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Prior to release 2.2, SH3 Commander included its own versions of Basic.cfg. However, from release 2.2, SH3 Commander simply inserts specific values into the file as requested by the user (ie fatigue models). So, the most likely cause of your problem is:

1. You upgraded to release 2.2 or release 2.3 from an earlier release of SH3 Commander but did not delete the 'Date', 'Flotilla' and 'Random' sub-folders as requested. If this is the case, the best option is to totally uninstall SH3 Commander, delete all files and folders (except your SH3Cmdr.ini file) and reinstall from scratch;
2. You did not Rollback SH3 Commander prior to making the changes to Basic.cfg. Every time "Launch SH3!" is pressed, SH3 Commander restores to SH3 any previously backed up files and then backs up from SH3 any files that it will modify before making the changes. If you subsequently change a game file without rolling back in SH3 Commander first, your changes will simply be overwritten the next time SH3 Commander launches SH3. To quote from the read me file: "IMPORTANT!!! In order to avoid any potential file integrity problems, ALWAYS perform a rollback in SH3 Commander BEFORE enabling or disabling any mods either via JSGME or manually - this includes uninstalling and installing Silent Hunter III.". If this is the case, rollback, then make your changes and they will stick.

You can also add your changes to SH3 Commander's "Medals and renown.cfg" file. SH3 Commander will copy into Basic.cfg any values that it finds in this file, thus this file, despite the name, can be used to ensure that values are always written to Basic.cfg regardless of what "version" of Basic.cfg is in your SH3 game folder. Essentially, you can use this file to build up complete Basic.cfg files!

Oulton
11-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Thank you for your reply, it is most interesting to me.
With your help, I have now resolved my problem.
When I originally installed the game onto my hard drive, I copied the main SH3 folder to another
partition on the drive.

I uninstalled SH3 Commander totally from my drive, then I deleted my main SH3 directory.
I then copied over from the other partition my original SH3 and modified the basic.cfg,
I ran the game and the mods worked fine, and then I reloaded SH3 Commander.
I launched SH3 via SH3 Commander and everything is working fine.

Thank you again for all your help

Regards - Oulton