PDA

View Full Version : Nice Cent Changes, But What About Zone?

Waxfacts
04-17-2018, 12:37 AM
As the title says the changes to cent are pretty nice id say. One issue he has, as well as shinobi, is the zone. Why not make these zones feintable? I mean its not like they'd become "op" or anything, look at gladiators zone or peacekeepers lighting fast zone. I just cant think of why they wouldn't add this change.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 12:45 AM
A kick into a zone for 25 damage without the worry of parry punish. I think that's fine, considering they took away his kick into heavy on his release. and it would buff his crowd control up a ton against enemy players. I feel that's fair considering the nerfs he's gotten.

I still think he should get his daze back from landing his punch. It's a punch... Let me punch you, it will daze lol. let anybody punch anybody in the face like centurion does and they will do the moon walk. Them just eating the punch and only causing stamina damage is disrespectful to all strikers in the world lol.

Also make it to where his kick causes wall stagger since the infinite loop wouldn't even exist.

Kick into wall, go for full combo.

Kick into wall, go for heavy, into punch that can daze, into a confirmed light into a mix up heavy while still dazed from punch. I think it's fine and he needs that for his quota to actually mean something.

Being stunned by punch while being mixed up on with heavy that can transition into unblockable or for another dazing punch. It would work, he'd actually be good.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 02:08 AM
LOL now that I think about it, Why is a man punching you in the face that is jacked as all can be like Centurion WITH gaunlents on not cause actual damage? forget the daze. Lol it should cause all 3 at the same time. Daze, Stamina, and health.

Then you got Aramusha standing at 5'7 or lower doing all the above with his love tap blade blockade.. Get outta here lol. Centurions were physically bigger and stronger anyway. Makes no sense lol. I'm looking at you too shugoki headbutt.

Klingentaenz3r
04-17-2018, 10:25 AM
A kick into a zone for 25 damage without the worry of parry punish. I think that's fine, considering they took away his kick into heavy on his release. and it would buff his crowd control up a ton against enemy players. I feel that's fair considering the nerfs he's gotten.

you can still do the heavy it is just no longer guaranteed as it was on release, but it is actually the best way to prevent yourself from being guardbroken after a legion kick. Since it is the second heavy it can be directly alternated into the unblockable heavy or a soft-gb faint if you haven't known that already.

I still think he should get his daze back from landing his punch.
What are you even talking about? The punch always dazes and always has been dazing. It is his kick that has gotten its white flashing (as in dazing) removed at some point!

yeah kick into wallsplat is not gonna happen again. He still needs some damage nerf for his cut scene combo in fact. Don't worry I play him and it is still rediculous how easy and fast fights end on just one or two mistakes. We don't need that.

What the cent actually might need on top are more possibilties to actually mix things up. And in my opinion the upcoming change is exactly a step in the right direction but I would also suggest to give a few more possibilties with his punches. Such as doing a punch at another time other than just after a heavy. Maybe after one or two lights? Or a punch after a punch (that should do something else than dazing and stamina draining?) Punch from neutral? Maybe a softfeinting possibilty into the punch, however if you'd allow it on the neutral heavy it would seriously be an insanely powerful move (threat of a fast heavy, that can be charged and yet softfainted into gb or an unblockable punch). So better don't do that

Concerning his zone I would be ok if the last swing was feintable. Maybe it would be even ok to have it cancelable after the first swing (it is quite fast however so I am not sure if that would turn out ok or not). However then you would also have to do this for the likes, such as highlander as well. Glad's broken zone has to go as it is and to be made uncancelable. That is out of the question.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 07:23 PM
you can still do the heavy it is just no longer guaranteed as it was on release, but it is actually the best way to prevent yourself from being guardbroken after a legion kick. Since it is the second heavy it can be directly alternated into the unblockable heavy or a soft-gb faint if you haven't known that already.

What are you even talking about? The punch always dazes and always has been dazing. It is his kick that has gotten its white flashing (as in dazing) removed at some point!

yeah kick into wallsplat is not gonna happen again. He still needs some damage nerf for his cut scene combo in fact. Don't worry I play him and it is still rediculous how easy and fast fights end on just one or two mistakes. We don't need that.

What the cent actually might need on top are more possibilties to actually mix things up. And in my opinion the upcoming change is exactly a step in the right direction but I would also suggest to give a few more possibilties with his punches. Such as doing a punch at another time other than just after a heavy. Maybe after one or two lights? Or a punch after a punch (that should do something else than dazing and stamina draining?) Punch from neutral? Maybe a softfeinting possibilty into the punch, however if you'd allow it on the neutral heavy it would seriously be an insanely powerful move (threat of a fast heavy, that can be charged and yet softfainted into gb or an unblockable punch). So better don't do that

Concerning his zone I would be ok if the last swing was feintable. Maybe it would be even ok to have it cancelable after the first swing (it is quite fast however so I am not sure if that would turn out ok or not). However then you would also have to do this for the likes, such as highlander as well. Glad's broken zone has to go as it is and to be made uncancelable. That is out of the question.

I wasn't sure, sometimes it doesn't daze for me and I don't keep up with the nerfs and nobody is using Cent anymore. but he does need something cause whenever I see one I go right after them for a free win lol.

UbiJurassic
04-17-2018, 07:51 PM
We don't have any details about any possible future changes to these zone attacks. We are certainly aware that some heroes have multi-hitting zones that are feintable, which makes they quite potent. However, Centurion also has areas in his gameplay where he excels compared to other heroes as well. That's not to say that we won't take this feedback and look into the possibility of making those zones feintable, but rather that there are no plans at this time to.

Alustar.exe
04-18-2018, 12:18 AM
I'm with OP about this, anyone with a multiple attacking zone that can't be cancelled is just parry bait.

BTTrinity
04-18-2018, 12:37 AM
It would be very nice if Centurion and Shino could cancel their zone.

Maybe for Shino they could make it like Berserker's, where IF the first hit connects, then the rest will too. (Or just make the last hit cancelable, im fine with that)

Knight_Raime
04-18-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm with OP about this, anyone with a multiple attacking zone that can't be cancelled is just parry bait.

It's a difficult discussion to have. Because their is proof that devs want zones to be usable in 1v1 (kensei's zone buff was stated as such)
however it doesn't mean that the devs want ALL zones to be usable in 1v1. It's more likely that they consider the kit as a whole before seeing if they need to make a zone more useful in a 1v1 scenario. In Kensei's case it was probably the logic that they wanted him to have as many options in 1v1 as possible with feinting. Hence the buff.

Where as the devs view centurion to be focused around his bashes/combo. Which is why their buff to him is easier access to his combo rather than buffing his zone. They seem to believe his unblockable soft feint GB mix up is strong and where his gameplay lies. Buffing zone would take away focus from that. And considering how oppressive centurion can be off of a single mistake they likely didn't want to give people more to worry about from him and continue to refine dealing with his combo.

Alustar.exe
04-19-2018, 12:02 AM
I can see that, it does kind of irritate me that they seem to have an over emphasis on balancing 1v1 while seeming to barely consider 4v4.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 02:05 PM
I can see that, it does kind of irritate me that they seem to have an over emphasis on balancing 1v1 while seeming to barely consider 4v4.

I mean that's not really the case. They still actively try to balance both. but because 4v4 has hero stacking, feat imbalances, and nothing to discourage death balling 4v4 feels a lot worse.
they recently were going to nerf LB in 4v4 without nerfing his 1v1 as an example. besides. balancing 1v1 technically effects 4v4 in most cases.