PDA

View Full Version : Daily reminder: aramusha needs buffing

Archaelion
04-17-2018, 12:15 AM
Why is it that highlander can get a guaranteed heavy in after he kicks you or conq gets a guaranteed heavy after feinting into shield block but aramusha can't even get a guaranteed light attack (Or a heavy) in after using blade blockade. These are the questions.

Furthermore blade blockade lasts half a second whereas other "full block modes" have infinite duration. Why are some classes so easy mode and others feel like you need a miracle to win. Are there separate balance teams for each faction or something? The difference in balance is night and day.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Zone attack able to be deadly feinted!!! Also he's a hybrid, he shouldn't have access to full block in neutral like that in holding. Even Valkyrie steps way back with her full block. A natural full block that is capable of holding ground should only be rewarded to the true heavies of the game with a shield. Maybe make it to where you can't be Gb'd out of?

Can't be GB punished, and has access to deadly feint while in the middle of zone.

Remember Aramushas side dodges are amazing. I can literally side step a Shaman zone and punish her with a top heavy before she can cancel or hit me.

EDIT:::

I actually like his blade blockade having access to Counter Guard Breaking. It would tone down the risk and balance out the reward he would get and make it to where it would be worth going for over a parry into his top heavy.

Risk vs Reward factor between his parry game and Blade Blockade.

EDIT AGAIN...

And if Aramusha becomes too ridiculous with being able to counter GB out of going for BB which might not be the case... You can always tune the stamina cost of BB and the stamina pause factor so it would take longer for him to start getting regen from his own move if it whiffs to stop spam.

EvoX.
04-17-2018, 12:45 AM
Yep, he needs some love.

Waxfacts
04-17-2018, 12:52 AM
Id like the reflex guard bug to be fixed before he gets a buff since his spam seems to affect assassins more because of it.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 01:07 AM
Id like the reflex guard bug to be fixed before he gets a buff since his spam seems to affect assassins more because of it.

It's not a bug. I do just fine using assassins vs Aramusha. Actually Aramusha isn't all that good vs Assassins. He gets rocked by PK and Berserker. Vs Assassins he has to outplay. He has to outplay all his matchups because parry destroys him... He's the definition of block everything he does and win

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 03:27 AM
It's not a bug. I do just fine using assassins vs Aramusha. Actually Aramusha isn't all that good vs Assassins. He gets rocked by PK and Berserker. Vs Assassins he has to outplay. He has to outplay all his matchups because parry destroys him... He's the definition of block everything he does and win

Lololololololololol

Knight_Raime
04-17-2018, 03:55 AM
Why is it that highlander can get a guaranteed heavy in after he kicks you or conq gets a guaranteed heavy after feinting into shield block but aramusha can't even get a guaranteed light attack (Or a heavy) in after using blade blockade. These are the questions.

Furthermore blade blockade lasts half a second whereas other "full block modes" have infinite duration. Why are some classes so easy mode and others feel like you need a miracle to win. Are there separate balance teams for each faction or something? The difference in balance is night and day.

Aramusha's heavies are 600ms which makes them fast enough to beat feint most feint games. So his heavies see plenty of use.
Blade blockade gives you a guaranteed light with ring the bell (ring the bell does 15 damage.) Blade blockade's kick if it wall splats gives you a side heavy and top light for 38? damage.
and blade blockades top heavy is guaranteed on a lot of heavies.

Blade blockade is meant to be used on prediction to a move you know is coming. Full block on conq and warlord are meant to be used on reaction and further more are defense tools. BB is basically a special parry. Shouldn't be compared.

If you think HL is easy mode I really would love to see some footage of you dominating with him.
Aramusha doesn't need much buff wise.

RenegadeTX2000
04-17-2018, 07:20 PM
Lololololololololol

It's true. I don't even touch Aramusha anymore when Berserker does the job better then he does.

UbiJurassic
04-17-2018, 07:52 PM
We're certainly aware that some players consider Aramusha to be one of the weaker characters on the roster and we may look into some quality of life balance changes in the future. I'll certainly pass along the feedback to the team.

Archaelion
04-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Thank you ubijurassic. Conq has the same attack speed with lights as aramusha and so does berserker. Yet those have guaranteed heavies or hyper armor to follow up with. I played berserker after playing some aramusha and it's night and day: I went godlike(9-0) on my first game with berserker without knowing his combos(I just spammed light/heavy with a feint sometimes). I also noticed berserker is NOT limited to side to top and top to side as is aramusha himself limited. Also, I liked that berserker could side dodge into an attack--yet aramusha has no side dodge attack at all. I could go on; the list is long.. the entirety of aramusha feels like he relies of blade blockage but when those followups aren't even guaranteed(such as not being by a wall or getting parried or blocked right after with the followup) it's pointless.

Card1acArrest
04-17-2018, 11:42 PM
I just posted on the Ara vs assassin thread.

Do whatever you feel the need to balance him 1v1, but make sure you bottom out his "ability" to cut through assassins in 4v4 without any assy blocks killing them in 3-4secs consistently.

felt it, hated it. not about skill.

Archaelion
04-18-2018, 12:12 AM
I just posted on the Ara vs assassin thread.

Do whatever you feel the need to balance him 1v1, but make sure you bottom out his "ability" to cut through assassins in 4v4 without any assy blocks killing them in 3-4secs consistently.

felt it, hated it. not about skill.

You're playing an OROCHI. I'll let that sink in on where OROCHI is at in terms of Tier right now in the patch. OROCHI and ARAMUSHA both needs redesign/buffs. Try playing a GOOD assassin first.

RenegadeTX2000
04-18-2018, 02:19 AM
I wish I ran into more Aramusha mains so I could start stat packing my win and kill ratio.

RoosterIlluzion
04-18-2018, 05:40 AM
Zone attack able to be deadly feinted!!! Also he's a hybrid, he shouldn't have access to full block in neutral like that in holding. Even Valkyrie steps way back with her full block. A natural full block that is capable of holding ground should only be rewarded to the true heavies of the game with a shield. Maybe make it to where you can't be Gb'd out of?

Can't be GB punished, and has access to deadly feint while in the middle of zone.

Remember Aramushas side dodges are amazing. I can literally side step a Shaman zone and punish her with a top heavy before she can cancel or hit me.

I couldn't believe you went there with his Zone feint. Lmao. I guess there are still people ignorant to how weak Aramusha really is.
His zone attack is projected so early and it's SLOW & long. Did I mention that it's slow?

His side dodge is no better than any other characters like him. I won't mention his blockade because to use that effectively, you must be quick, so that is a lack of skill on the players part.

The only solid thing he has going for him is his light spam assassin combo (which I've never done, and for some reason can't get the timing down).

Tirik22x
04-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Hes pretty whicked on console...

Well see how that goes after lag comp. hopefully itll help the balance.

I can see how on PC he definitely needs a buff.

Knight_Raime
04-18-2018, 05:01 PM
I couldn't believe you went there with his Zone feint. Lmao. I guess there are still people ignorant to how weak Aramusha really is.
His zone attack is projected so early and it's SLOW & long. Did I mention that it's slow?

His side dodge is no better than any other characters like him. I won't mention his blockade because to use that effectively, you must be quick, so that is a lack of skill on the players part.

The only solid thing he has going for him is his light spam assassin combo (which I've never done, and for some reason can't get the timing down).

His side dodge is 500ms. Meaning he's on par with dodging things like pk and shaman are.
That and his heavies being basically immune to feint games due to their speed of 600ms (same as centurions) are his 2 main strengths.
He technically has another one. Getting a top light after a landed side heavy or a landed deadly feinted side light into top light.

RenegadeTX2000
04-19-2018, 04:48 AM
and if he gets a heavy parry he gets a top heavy which is a good one as well.

E1seNw0Lf
04-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Aramusha suffer the same fate like all samurai heroes do - beside other common stuff.
> He cannot open turtles.
Well, at least Kensei got a tool for that now.

Siegfried-Z
04-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Aramusha need buffing ??

He already had one not a long time ago.. they increase his DMG.

He has a fast, unblocable and feintable zone.. and hyper armor on his dash which he can feint as well..

An infinite combo really easy to makes a lot of feints into..

His moveset makes him very very strong against an entire char set (Assassins)..

In my opinion he is just fine.

RenegadeTX2000
04-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Aramusha need buffing ??

He already had one not a long time ago.. they increase his DMG.

He has a fast, unblocable and feintable zone.. and hyper armor on his dash which he can feint as well..

An infinite combo really easy to makes a lot of feints into..

His moveset makes him very very strong against an entire char set (Assassins)..

In my opinion he is just fine.

if he's fine, guess my berserker still fine then. lool never going back to that man til they buff him

Tirik22x
04-19-2018, 05:02 PM
His top heavy just hit me for 53. Definitely needs a buff.

Tirik22x
04-19-2018, 05:11 PM
His top heavy just hit me for 53. Definitely needs a buff.

wolfman25br
04-19-2018, 05:51 PM
I dont think he needs buffs, maybe some little adjustment thats all, his kit goes miles from old heros.

Archaelion
04-20-2018, 08:05 AM
He has nothing good. He just gets blocked all day. He needs hyper armor like berserker or something so he can actually use his combos.

Archaelion
05-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Aramusha needs buffs