PDA

View Full Version : horse travel in ACR?

edzilla_551
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
does anyone know if horse travel will be available in the city of constantinople, because i heard the city was more full and denser so they might actually cut it out, what ever they do i dont mind, what do you guys think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

edzilla_551
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
does anyone know if horse travel will be available in the city of constantinople, because i heard the city was more full and denser so they might actually cut it out, what ever they do i dont mind, what do you guys think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Animuses
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm glad horses aren't coming back. They were too involved in Brotherhood and Constantinople is too beautiful of a city to have horses crowding the place.

Bipolar Matt
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I've heard horse travel, at least within the city, has been dropped in favor of the zip line concept.

Azugo
06-24-2011, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
I've heard horse travel, at least within the city, has been dropped in favor of the zip line concept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good.

Horses seemed like a cool idea before Brotherhood, but now that we've actually got them...

Eric_490
06-25-2011, 12:55 AM
With how dense the city is I wouldn't think of horses as a viable means of travel, and I think and hope it wont appear.

Horse travel will probably be present if their are any outlying areas with open areas or roads though, similar to AC1. It was nice in Rome when I didn't feel like sprinting for nine miles through an open field.

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Alex Amancio mentioned in one of his interviews that horses have been removed.

Eric_490
06-25-2011, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Alex Amancio mentioned in one of his interviews that horses have been removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay, hope it stays that way. Means less annoying open terrain lol.

Vey03
06-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Aww, i loved my horses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I do see that with a city so dense and full of people, you couldn't have that.
Though i was hoping there would be some countryside to ride through.

edzilla_551
06-25-2011, 03:26 AM
can you give us a link of amancio saying this please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iN3krO
06-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Horses removed? OH NO!!! this means we won't have anything like kingdoom of ac1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...

I was hopping to travel thought the kingdoom before the last sequence (where ezio goes to masyf) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ProletariatPleb
06-25-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry I don't know if this is the one, I saw many of them one after another, but I think this is the one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGEtCpiU24c

He mentions that Rome had lots of empty space but rev is crowded, so horses are removed.

Also mentions about combat fluidity additions.

sassinscreed
06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Horses removed? OH NO!!! this means we won't have anything like kingdoom of ac1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...

I was hopping to travel thought the kingdoom before the last sequence (where ezio goes to masyf) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in ac1 kingdom was really good idea but it was there for nothing, just huge area, the biggest area in game but nothing there to do, they could really add some missions in that kingdom

kriegerdesgottes
06-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Idk, I admit I don't use the horse much but I do like to use it occasionally and I don't like when things are taken away. There are a lot of things in AC that you almost never use but you wouldn't want them to just not be there anymore and this is one of them. I would say the parachute/throwing dust in people's face count in that category too. I won't lose sleep over it but I do wish there were SOME horses because let's face it, realistically, any time before about 100 years ago everyone everywhere rode horses and it adds to the realism of the world imo.

Rakudaton
06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
any time before about 100 years ago everyone everywhere rode horses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA! GOTCHA!

Horses are and always have been quite expensive. There was no way a peasant in the middle ages could aspire to own a horse -- it's a bit like a binman wanting to buy a ferrari. Whilst this trend did decrease a bit over the centuries, you'd be surprised at just how rare horses were.

On the other hand this is Constantinople, so I don't really know because I'm basing this on Europe. Still I think it's unreasonable to think that "everyone everywhere rode horses". With Ezio's funds he should own one, but...

Now on topic: I'm mostly glad there aren't horses. The only thing I'll miss is the awesome Just Cause-style horsey hijacks and jumps. Those were sweet, and could have been even sweeter with the hookblade. Imagine whistling for your horse atop a building, jumping onto a zipline, and then leaping off it and onto your horse at a gallop. Insane and suicidal, yes, but awesome.

Calvarok
06-25-2011, 05:57 PM
If Cappidocia's top ancient ruins and surrounding environmens is a free-roam area, we might travel through the countryside around it using horses.

If they decide not to bring them back at all, however, I won't miss them. They've always controlled like crap, but if they can fix that, I wouldn't mind them. If not, they should focus on designing amazing random events and Assassination missions, as well as tweaking and implementing mechanics well, and fixing free-run pathing and making guards more intelligent.

AC3 might have some motorcycle sequences with Desmond from what they hinted in AC1, and that baby better control like a DREAM, I tell you.

In fact, transports of any kind should be totally perfect in AC3.

kriegerdesgottes
06-25-2011, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
any time before about 100 years ago everyone everywhere rode horses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA! GOTCHA!

Horses are and always have been quite expensive. There was no way a peasant in the middle ages could aspire to own a horse -- it's a bit like a binman wanting to buy a ferrari. Whilst this trend did decrease a bit over the centuries, you'd be surprised at just how rare horses were.

On the other hand this is Constantinople, so I don't really know because I'm basing this on Europe. Still I think it's unreasonable to think that "everyone everywhere rode horses". With Ezio's funds he should own one, but...

Now on topic: I'm mostly glad there aren't horses. The only thing I'll miss is the awesome Just Cause-style horsey hijacks and jumps. Those were sweet, and could have been even sweeter with the hookblade. Imagine whistling for your horse atop a building, jumping onto a zipline, and then leaping off it and onto your horse at a gallop. Insane and suicidal, yes, but awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I will agree with what you said and yes horses for the time were very expensive as you can imagine, just as cars are expensive today but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see them in town. True a lot of peasant or lower class people probably wouldn't have a horse but that doesn't mean horses just don't exist in the Ottoman empire and that rich people or upper class people wouldn't have any horses lol.

crash3
06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
I think horses may not be exactly ideal for such a dense city however I do hope that horse combat has improved, I hope theres at least a counter move or something instead of the repetitive button smashing

Kaxen6
06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Alex Amancio mentioned in one of his interviews that horses have been removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

._. Now I am sad.

kriegerdesgottes
06-27-2011, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
I think horses may not be exactly ideal for such a dense city however I do hope that horse combat has improved, I hope theres at least a counter move or something instead of the repetitive button smashing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are no horses at all in this one.

Archosakun
06-27-2011, 11:21 AM
HATED horses with a fiery passion. In the open they were great but when you reached any obstacles they were annoying.